“One Magical Place”
Review of Negril Yoga Centre

Negril Yoga Centre
Ranked #52 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 22 February 2012

From the moment you step onto the property you know you have found a very very special place to Enjoy your stay in beautiful Ja.. I loved fading off to sleep to the sweet sounds of nature and the reggae playing off in the distance. My room was simple yet comfortable and very clean. The food blew me away! I have visited Negril many times and it surpassed any meal at a fraction of the price. Every single one of the staff is courteous beyond words. Whether you do yoga or not(my teacher was amazing and darting across the street to the beach after class is a real treat!) this is like a hidden Oasis of Negril. I will be back again, and again. Happy travels!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bhshk
NegrilYoga, Front Office Manager at Negril Yoga Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Hello,
Thank you for your review and also staying with us. We are happy to know you enjoyed your time with us and our beautiful Oasis. We hope to have you again.

From all of us at The Negril Yoga Centre.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

For us it was like a little paradise. The big garden was so paceful,everywhere was a lot of flowers and birds. We met very nice people there and the staff was so friendly, the breakfast delicious. Once of the best things was, that the beach was just across the street and to walk to the town it takes just 10 Minutes.

A wonderful place to stay, nice and kind service, Bob Marley, Fruit punish, blue sea, white sand.What more can you expeting when you go Jamaica?

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Austriagirl190454
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I do not usually stay in hotels at this price point but decided to try a new adventure since I enjoy yoga and prefer healthier options on food. The accomodations are very basic but clean with excellent service. Bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper. The yoga is best for a novice an advanced practioner will be disappointed. Very communal vibe. Would not recommend for children.

Room Tip: I stayed in Likle with the shared bathroom. Bed was comfortable. Very very basic, camp bathroom fee...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravelBunny91
Reviewed 15 February 2012

This is a peaceful, happy and enjoyable place to stay. Very accommodating to everyone and understanding should you be late to arrive, The staff is very accommodating and it is the best place to stay for your physical and mental health. The food is delicious and nutritious too. Do not miss this place.

Room Tip: The beach is across the road. A lovely place to sit and meditate.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Grace B
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Working in the Corporate World, I was looking for a place of Peace, Tranquility, with daily Yoga Classes, and after researching I decided on NEGRIL YOGA CENTER.

My week there was magic. Waking up to yoga classes taught by a wonderful spirit Fannette Johnson, to the wonderful little garden restaurant.

The staff was exceptional. My room was clean and quite. I found my peace at your Yoga Center, and I feel so blessed to have shared my vacation in Negril with you.

Great location, close to the town of Negril(walking distance) and right across the road from the most beautiful beach I have ever laid eyes on.

If you are looking for the "Garden of Eden" you will find it in Negril Jamaica at Negril Yoga Center.

I cannot thank you enough.
Blessings to all of you
Namaste

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank blingkat
Reviewed 14 February 2012

This review posting is in response to the traveler who posted with the same subject line.
First off, it is one of my highest values to listen fully in order to try and understand and then be understood. I am hearing that this traveler felt she had unusual circumstances impacting her agreement with the infamous " Negril Yoga Center."

I have compassion for the loss of the full joy experience she suffered by not availing herself of the Center's marvelous atmosphere, accommodations and generous of spirit staff.

As a seasoned traveler and travel arranger I feel compelled to weigh in, in hopes this will inform and educate the semi-seasoned and potentially naive travelers reading this post.

When booking travel anywhere in the world requiring and desiring advanced confirmed reservations it is an imperative to secure the deposit with a valid form of payment. It is also the responsibility of the service provider to spell out their terms of agreement, I.e. deposit forfeit and cancellation policies. It is the responsibility of the payee to observe these and hopefully remain in full integrity of these agreements. If a traveler knows that the traveling members including themselves may have health risks or feel uncertain about travel dates it is advisable to purchase a form of traveler insurance through "The Travelers" for example, in order to minimize potential financial impact.

It is too much to expect a resort as heavily in demand as the Yoga Center, especially during high season (not to mention "the king of reggae's annual birthday celebration - Rasta Robert Nesta Marley on 2/6), to receive no communication and swallow a "No Show" without charge! In my opinion, it smells of an entitlement mentality and occurs as a self-centered perspective. Or just simple means a very unseasoned and disorganized approach to travel abroad. Regardless of what emergency ensued a day before departure, how could someone not remember they were planning on embarking on an international trip within 24 hours.

To the second point, that they found superior accommodations reflecting heart, surely there are other places to stay in Negril. Each has it's own unique charm and potential to build client relations. Anyone that chooses The Yoga Center is drawn to it not because the price is right and a free breakfast is tossed in to allure the guests. No! They choose it for many reasons on multiple levels. It is not for everyone and especially not for the unconscious traveler that cannot make distinctions! Even though the price is right and breakfast is beyond your wildest expectations. It might be best for a bargain hunter to locate a property hungry for business.

The returning guests that choose the Yoga Center hope to count on the overall integrity of the other guests seeking an authentic experience. Personally, I become anxious when thinking my next door neighbor would even consider using a fraudulent credit card in return for any earnest offering! We, who visit the Yoga Center understand the hallmark of the center was created with the heart of those seeking the purity of mind, heart, body and soul. It offers the options of Yoga, custom prepared food, well kept garden's, and a staff that treats you with the utmost respect and care of your evey spoken need.

In short it is an Oasis tucked away from the world and yet close enough when desiring to jump in with the rest of life Negril has to offer.

Wishing all the shift that is possible when we take enough time to choose wisely, not just where we stay but where we live in our minds.

Namaste,
One who has benn visiting Negril since 1980

Room Tip: Choose based on your needs. Book in advance, could sell out in high season.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Lixylight
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I was there in April with my friend Dora. We had a great time!!! The place was exactly what we were looking for...quiet, green , simple, down to earth...basically an escape from madness. We loved the staff, the vegan food they can prepare if you ask for it, the yoga teacher (Fanette Johnson) and of course the doggie that lives on property. We didn't have hot water, tv, radio, internet access,etc but who cares!!!! :-))))
P.S.When you go to Negril please remember to always carry some food around with you because the strays are hungry!!!! Peace to all !!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends