“The Only Decent Budget Option in Negril”
Review of Negril Yoga Centre

Negril Yoga Centre
Ranked #50 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Kingston, Jamaica
“The Only Decent Budget Option in Negril”
Reviewed 11 April 2010

Hi. I have nothing but positive things to say about the Yoga Centre. I had a lovely time there and really appreciate the fact that such a wonderful budget option is available for travelers visiting Negril. I'm sure I will stay there again and have already recommend it to others. Thank you!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank thefirstmusketeer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
washington, dc
Reviewed 10 March 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Yoga Center in 2006 and I still have wonderful memories from there. We had a small quaint, private, clean and safe room across the street from the beach and it was the best time . We have stayed in many major hotels in Egypt (Hilton Green), Canada (Ritz Hotel), Bahamas, Belize and other countries but the Yoga Center has been one that we seem to remember with great fondness and always consider returning to again and again.

Bridget Stiggers

• Stayed January 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank blstiggers
Northshore, MA
Reviewed 11 May 2009

Three years ago my mother and I made our first trip to the Negril Yoga Centre and we were immediately hooked. Three years later, she and I have been back every year since - I just got back two days ago and I'm already looking forward to next spring!

When I'm at the Centre, I don't feel like I'm 'staying' there...I simply feel as though I'm living with them for a week, and I love this! Food is amazing, rooms are clean and comfortable, yoga is incredible, and location can't be beat. And the people...I can't even BEGIN to tell you how much everyone at the Centre means to me - they are absolutely my extended family!

From my morning runs along Seven Mile Beach and mangoes in the sand to our daily lunches with Annette and afternoons swaying in the hammocks, this week is surely among my most treasured all year long. If' you want to unplug from life and learn to enjoy the moment surrounded by loving people and weather that will knock your socks off, head to the Yoga Centre.

Give me a call - maybe I'll meet you there :-)

• Stayed May 2009
1 Thank sarahinboston
Newburyport, MA
Reviewed 9 April 2009

For the second year I took a group on a yoga retreat/adventure to the Negril Yoga Centre. In mid February ten of us traveled to Negril for a week of yoga and exploring all the town has to offer including nightly reggae shows, great restaurants, a super beach, surprising adventures, and more.
We were all totally satisfied with the service we received from the entire staff, loved the cottages (simple, cleaned daily), appreciated the preparation and service of the delicious healthy breakfast and lunch each day, and were so pleased with the driver who transported us in his van, whenever we needed to travel. Each person on the staff was caring, wanting us to have a great time...and we did.

I will be returning for other retreats and encourage other individuals or retreat organizers who want a reasonably priced, excellent vacation to choose the Negril Yoga Centre.

Angelena Craig

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Angelena9
Naples Florida
Reviewed 12 November 2008

I loved the rustic, simple lifestyle provided here. I came to relax, commune with nature and get out of the rat-race. My short 5-day vacation was a sucess thanks to this hidden gem. In addition to the yoga classes offered, I took advantage of a massage on the tree-top balcony above the outdoor yoga studio. It was blissful.

Everyone was helpful and charming. The service was attentive and excellent on all levels from the food service to the housekeepers, landscaper and security. Gloria and Marcia gave me loads of advice about where to go and what to do for fun. I had the pleasure of being on the grounds when the owner, Raquel, was there. She's lovely and gracious. I can see why the entire staff is so pleasant.

The food was delicious, healthy and ridiculously in-expensive. I ate most of my meals at the yoga centre. The rooms and and common areas were immaculate. I had a room with a private outdoor shower, sink and toilet and they were spotless as well.

The beach is right across the street . The town center and night life excitement is a brisk walk or a short, in-expensive cab ride away.

I had everything I needed to be safe and comfortable. I now have a total appreciation for how less can be so much more!!!

• Liked — It's peaceful, clean, basic and private
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Joyandlove
Alberta
Reviewed 29 June 2008

This place is a little gem - simple accommodations, really good staff to help you arrange things, friendly dogs, and morning yoga classes... all in a good location. It was close to downtown, and at the end of the main strip, with an internet cafe close by as well as bike/car rentals, and good restaurants. When you stay here, be sure to the Jamaican breakfast in the morning - outstanding!
The only catch was that I never had hot water - but the weather was too hot to care.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled solo
USA
Reviewed 1 February 2008

My family and I stayed in Casa 1 & Casa 2, the rooms were beautiful, with brand new tile floors. The rooms were immaculate and deep cleaned everyday. The setting was gorgeous, with enchanting gardens which were tended each day. The staff was friendly & wonderful, the food excellent, the security excellent. It is very safe and private. I checked out in person all the other affordable places that I saw online, and none of them could compare. If you are looking for a tranquil atmosphere in which every detail is cared for with love everyday, this is the place to stay.

Now for some honest criticism: The center is right next to the road, so it took some time to get accustomed to the noise~ although don't let this stop you! From the bars, concerts etc. this area of Negril is extremely noisy & much more noisy than the yoga center. My other complaint is that they advertise a community kitchen. It is pretty nasty and not clean like the rest of the grounds, on top of that, they don't tell you on the web you have to pay to use it. I was really glad I brought my hot plate and a few essentials & things to cook with. There are plenty of great restaurants such as "Just Natural" (our favorite) and "The Hungry Lion" in addition to the Yoga Centers restaurant, but your food bill will really add up if you don't do a little cooking for yourself.

Just so you know: If you want to do the real Jamaican thing you can go to Sav La Mar (the transportation should only cost you $100. Jamaican~ the real Jamaican price) and get the real prices on fresh produce & other things you may need. Vendors in Negril buy there and then drastically inflate the prices on goods. It is the Jamaican way~ add that commission! Guard yourself from hustlers in Negril too! Specifically a man named Alan. Don't trust him~ he is a total con artist.

That was the best part about the Yoga Center, it was totally private and peaceful.

• Liked — It is very clean, safe, and the staff is wonderful
  • Disliked — The community kitchen was nasty although their little restaurant is great
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mountainstosky