“Prison”

Ranked #65 of 81 Hotels in Negril
North Salt Lake, Utah
“Prison”
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Rooms are infested with bugs. Ants everywhere. In beds and lizards on walls ( they are cute though) charge way to much for food. People who work here accept Marvin was even remotely close to nice Marvin was adorable Stray cats meowing every night they don't have windows that are closed its just a screen so you hear everything including the people next door doing the nasty... You have to ask then to turn on the hot water. They do have air condition that's a good thing and cable :)

• Stayed July 2012
6 Thank Sparkledust80

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Maple Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Nice small quite resort . U can't beat the value . Just make sure they turn on the hot water when u check-in . The resort is off the main road so u hear a lot of birds crickets ect, but was nice. The only complaint was the internet is only available outside, witch means you will get ate up by mosquitoes. Other reviews said they didn't have running hot water or that they steal . The problem with the water is they conserve unlike us Americans so it has to be turned on. Just ask, they had no problem turning it on. And we had three rooms at this resort and nothing came up missing from anyone in our group . Very helpful staff .

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank 14dec27
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed 31 May 2012

May 3-7, 2012
You get what you pay for...overall the people were nice and accommodating. We had the breakfast plan and it was good, but allow a lot of time to eat! Service very slow. The day before we were leaving I notice that 2 of my Lacoste shirts were missing and a pair of linen shorts. I told the staff in the front and she seemed genuinely upset and said they would investigate the matter.
I left my email for her to contact me and I NEVER heard a thing. I called a couple of weeks later and spoke with Erica who asked if I was sure that I packed those articles of clothing. I told her I was sure and she said to send an email with the cost of the items and they'll file it on insurance. I'm still waiting to hear something back! It has only been a few days, so I am hoping this is true. I WILL let y'all know the outcome! I was suspicious of the lady cleaning our room because she never really said more than good morning, hello, etc. But the day my clothing was stolen from the room she asked "Are y'all going to the beach" and we told her 'no we were going on an all day catamaran trip!" Well that was a HUGE mistake. I suggest the workers carry small clear bags in and out to prevent this type of theft! Who wants to go on vacation out of the country to get robbed in their resort.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank 2012ALB
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 30 May 2012

It was my first time staying at the Oasis Resort. I really liked the strikingly bright and multicolored painting of the property; also the lush green and variegated grounds that were filled with several species of plants and assorted flowers. The foliage definitely contrasted beautifully with the hotel's brilliant color splash. I thought that the front office staff was very friendly, helpful and accommodating. However, I was extremely disappointed about not having a telelphone or an alarm clock in my room. Although there was a refrigerator in the room, its shelves seemed old, discolored and rusty. Furthermore, there was an apparent tiny ant problem that became increasingly annoying, because I couldn't leave any sweet tasting food or drink exposed for any amount of time. Moreover, for the first couple of days, the cable TV reception was fuzzy, distorted and just plain awful. Combined with the fact that my room had only two available electrical outlets which were both located in the bathroom. Overall, I was totally unimpressed with the location, the room and general vibe of the Oasis. Therefore, I strongly doubt whether I would return there for a future visit.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I recently just traveled here with my roommate and we felt like we were in prison! We ordered drinks and dinner off of their menu and there was a lady that was walking back and forth from the office to the bar changing drink prices, so our drinks were ridiculously priced. When I asked for our bill, the bartender gave it to me and the total was $32 so we each put $20 and waited for our change. When I finally asked the bartender where our change was, he said that our bill was $40. I cannot believe that a hotel would rip off its guests. The food was expensive and not the best. The breakfast meal plan that we paid for was VERY limited and often times our orders were not correct. I had a friend stay with us and was charged $10 EACH night for him to stay which is ridiculous. Every where we went or did anything on the property it felt like the workers were watching to be nosy, not to look out for our safety. Also, we woke up to goats roaming the streets just about every morning in front of the hotel. This hotel is located on the west end of Negril and very secluded with nothing to look at. This was my first time not staying all inclusive and let me tell you, it will be my last! Compared to my other trips to Jamaica, this was by far the most boring due to lack of view, entertainment, and location of the hotel.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank Lindsey S

Travellers are raving about these Negril hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I was happy when arrived at the resort it looked just like the pictures i had seen. The buildings are painted with bright colors and the grounds are filled with greenery. The staff is very helpful and friendly.In the pool area you get free wi-fi. The resort offers a daily shuttle to the beach it leaves at 10:00 and it returns at 4:00 you have to sign up for it at the front desk.
The room did not have a phone or a alarm clock and they only provide you with 1 towel per person. I stayed in room #18 and the shower,fan and air conditioner was in good working order. The in room safe is compact, my lap top did not fit in it. The front desk provided us with an iron when asked. I liked that we had cable TV.
The restaurant is a little on the slow side allow yourself some time before heading out in the morning for a tour at least 1hr. The food is tasty i opted for there breakfast plan which worked out great. There is no convenience store/gift shop on the resort although there is a small store within walking distance but who wants to walk :)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dori90210
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 March 2012

The name of this hotel 'The Oasis' is perfectly assigned to this lovely property. Let's start with the workers who always greet you with a smile and courtesy. The cooks are on point with the yummy dishes they prepare, front office always at your service. What else can I say, my stay was wonderful. I cannot wait to return to my Jamaican family at The Oasis who took such good care of me. I truly enjoyed my stay. One love.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo