“My Birthday and vacation 11/15/2012 to 11/17/2012”
Review of The Oasis Resort

The Oasis Resort
Ranked #65 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Charlotte, NC
“My Birthday and vacation 11/15/2012 to 11/17/2012”
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Awesome hotel !!, and the Staff. I stayed at The Oasis Resort this was my 1st time leaving the United States traveling to another counrty. I always wanted to see Negril Jamaica I choose this hotel because it had everything I wanted to start my trip with then off to Montego bay. My fiance and I had a ball our room was very clean I had no problems with the hot water, and the AC in our room was excellent the whole staff was welcoming and beautiful it was close to everything I wanted to see and do even Cliff jumping into the ocean at Ricks cafe was right up the street. I stayed in room 8 loved my room. The cook Chris prepared our breakfast & lunch as well as dinner which was superb , and Sasha kept me happy with the drinks :-) I dont remember all of the staffs names but they are all wonderful this is a very beautiful hidden secret and you cannot alway believe what you hear just step out on faith and go for it. I have nothing but good things to say about this resort, my name is Kay from Charlotte, NC and I am planning another trip the end of March, and my wedding next year sometime inthe summer, and hopefully this is where I will be having it or my reception thank you to the staff for a wonderful 1st time experience!! I have worked in the hotel business for 15 years from the Hilton to the Marriott, and Bed & breakfast Management and I don't stay at any hotel but always remember when you travel never judge hope this was helpful to future travelers

Room Tip: Room 8 was wonderful had no complaints
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KayCharlotte_NC

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Here right now and though it's off season....there's no pressure and the staff are very nice. We're here just 150 yards fron One Love road or West End road as it's known . If you're on a tight budget, almost beside the Oasis is Erica's Cafe for traditional Jamaican food, a barbeque place another 100 feet down and a little grocery store.across from it. A local route taxi can take you downtown to experience other local food shops and stands. Otherwise, the Oasis menu does seem tantalizing and the prices are competetive compared with more popular restaurants in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Til B
Reviewed 14 October 2012

My friend & I stayed here for a few days. As previously mentioned the rooms, though fairly clean, have bugs and lack of hot water. The a/c worked the first night, but you can hear animals when trying to go to sleep.

Beware, the staff watches your coming and going. And will go as far as to ask you your plans for the day. This is not really to help or give suggestions but to follow your schedule so that they can plan when to send in their criminals.

Please note that when we left our room, we would lock up our valuables in our suitcases. The final evening of our stay, as we arrived back we saw the manager leaving, (I also must add that she was the only "manager" we knew of during our stay. She also would suggest activities for us to do) her comment to us was not "good evening" but "you guys are back already?" I will admit that I was confused by that comment, but she was leaving for the day & I didn't question it.

Sometime during the evening, someone came into our room (or may have been somehow hiding in there) & stole our money & other belongings. We did not think to lock our items when we were locked in the room.

The manager Erica was there when we reported the crime. We had never seen her before. She seemed concerned, but I'm assuming she knows exactly what goes on around there. Ours could not have been the first theft complaint although she claimed that had never happened before while she worked there. I only remember her name because we got her information on the police report.

The police were called, but Jamaican police are not helpful at all and they tried to blame us for what happened by claiming that we were drunk and let people in our rooms. None of this was true, we never had anyone in our room and we do not drink.

The "investigation" led us nowhere and their follow-up was that we left before the investigation was complete so they really couldn't do anything. However they had our contact information on file since we went to the police station before we left.

Do not go to this place! Just pay more to stay somewhere else. Somewhere safer. We figured it was a good plan since it wasn't too expensive or very cheap, but paid more than we planned for in the end. Not worth it. We are just thankful that we left with our lives.

• Stayed February 2012
15 Thank Leebears

Travellers are raving about these Negril hotels

Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed 21 September 2012

My fiance and I really enjoyed this resort for it's quietness and friendly staff. At first we were a little put off, being used to large resorts, by the small size and peacefulness. We quickly realized it was a blessing in disguise, have you been to seven mile beach? I enjoyed the often empty pool with its 8/9' deep end! Although we ate out often, we really enjoyed the wonderful creations by long time Chef Denis. An amazing guy and cook! Would love to return!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 555Tonya555
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Nice small quite place. U cant beat the price.The rooms are small but nice and clean.I really like the fact that the resort was off the main road.It was so nice waking up in the morning to the birds singing.The staff were very nice and helpful.The food was good i enjoyed it.I felt very safe there the staff treated you like family.There was always running hot water while i was there.The bartender shasha was very sweet i like her.Dennis the cook was very nice.Nothing came up missing from my room.Im planning a trip back to jamaica in a few months and plan on staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank mshelbby66
North Salt Lake, Utah
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Rooms are infested with bugs. Ants everywhere. In beds and lizards on walls ( they are cute though) charge way to much for food. People who work here accept Marvin was even remotely close to nice Marvin was adorable Stray cats meowing every night they don't have windows that are closed its just a screen so you hear everything including the people next door doing the nasty... You have to ask then to turn on the hot water. They do have air condition that's a good thing and cable :)

• Stayed July 2012
6 Thank Sparkledust80
Maple Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Nice small quite resort . U can't beat the value . Just make sure they turn on the hot water when u check-in . The resort is off the main road so u hear a lot of birds crickets ect, but was nice. The only complaint was the internet is only available outside, witch means you will get ate up by mosquitoes. Other reviews said they didn't have running hot water or that they steal . The problem with the water is they conserve unlike us Americans so it has to be turned on. Just ask, they had no problem turning it on. And we had three rooms at this resort and nothing came up missing from anyone in our group . Very helpful staff .

• Stayed May 2012