“Stay a away!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #61 of 84 Hotels in Negril
Toronto, Canada
“Stay a away!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

The staff here are the best, really sweet people. The hotel though is like a cheap motel on the wrong side of town! Dirty, run down, the beds are painted 2x4s hammered together and a slab of dirty foam!! Sunwing should try spending a night there!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank donm975
Oasisnegril, Manager at The Oasis Resort, responded to this review, 23 January 2017
Thank you for your review, We apologizes that you had a bad experience with us, we are grateful for your feedback and have since made correction to the issues raised. Once again thank you

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

Just wanted to add, i visited last February, and just this past February I went to Jamaica again, but as I was on the Island, I said I need to go back and visit the Oasis.. great people, and we really loved our time down there. We only stayed 2 nights in Negril, but upon arrival, everyone remembered us, and there were 2 couples that were there the previous year who were back. Truly this is a place that people go back to more and more, LOVE LOVE LOCE the Oasis! Great friends, great seeing everyone. Even though the management is new now, they were still helpful and fully functional.. Jackie the cleaning lady.. can't extend my respect towards you!! Even though we missed Lucianio, and Bunny's visit, by about a Day.. we were still impressed with our stay.. See you all soon, and don't work to hard.. JESS

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carmelcoated G
Thank you for your excellent review, we are happy you had a wonderful time with us. thanks also for staying with us again. Nuff love
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

My family and I just came from Negril and we stayed at The Oasis Resort- It's a very quiet hotel,literally no traffic and clean. The chef is very pleasant and makes the best spanish omlet. Sasha is also very good as well as all the staff. I did not use the pool but my kids did and it appears that the pool could use some improvement. You would need to get out of the room to use the wi fi- only on the bar or pool area.The hotel offers shuttle to the beach and Mr.Franklin gave us two of our tours and did a great job.Rick's is about 2 miles from hotel and they have a nice restaurant near called Sips and Bites- Say hello to Ms.Brown. Overall, it was a decent place to stay.

Room Tip: You could should email to have the refrigerator and AC on for when you get to hotel,
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Juana R
Thank you for staying with us and for your review, we have since allowed wi-fi in all rooms and corrected any issues with the pool. all in all we appreciate your feedback.
MONROE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

Stayed here in 2012 and enjoyed the resort! it has a very chill vibe and the staff were friendly. Rooms were clean, and nicely done. It also has a very nice pool. We would gladly stay there again, and have recommended it to others.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank TIMOTHY D
Jonesboro, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2012

I must start by saying I read a few reviews and had some reservations about staying but I decided to go because I dont beleive in using someone elses option to dismiss a hotel. I will start with check it was wonderful we were greeted by our names, and the room was wonderful. The chef was wonderful he made sure our breakfast was good and it kept us until dinner. Our room was cleaned and cool no bugs no problems.
Please don't beleive everything you read, experience it for yourself. we will definately go back

Room Tip: Ricks is 2 miles up the street
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Michelle B
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

Awesome hotel !!, and the Staff. I stayed at The Oasis Resort this was my 1st time leaving the United States traveling to another counrty. I always wanted to see Negril Jamaica I choose this hotel because it had everything I wanted to start my trip with then off to Montego bay. My fiance and I had a ball our room was very clean I had no problems with the hot water, and the AC in our room was excellent the whole staff was welcoming and beautiful it was close to everything I wanted to see and do even Cliff jumping into the ocean at Ricks cafe was right up the street. I stayed in room 8 loved my room. The cook Chris prepared our breakfast & lunch as well as dinner which was superb , and Sasha kept me happy with the drinks :-) I dont remember all of the staffs names but they are all wonderful this is a very beautiful hidden secret and you cannot alway believe what you hear just step out on faith and go for it. I have nothing but good things to say about this resort, my name is Kay from Charlotte, NC and I am planning another trip the end of March, and my wedding next year sometime inthe summer, and hopefully this is where I will be having it or my reception thank you to the staff for a wonderful 1st time experience!! I have worked in the hotel business for 15 years from the Hilton to the Marriott, and Bed & breakfast Management and I don't stay at any hotel but always remember when you travel never judge hope this was helpful to future travelers

Room Tip: Room 8 was wonderful had no complaints
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KayCharlotte_NC
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

Here right now and though it's off season....there's no pressure and the staff are very nice. We're here just 150 yards fron One Love road or West End road as it's known . If you're on a tight budget, almost beside the Oasis is Erica's Cafe for traditional Jamaican food, a barbeque place another 100 feet down and a little grocery store.across from it. A local route taxi can take you downtown to experience other local food shops and stands. Otherwise, the Oasis menu does seem tantalizing and the prices are competetive compared with more popular restaurants in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends