“Best vacation ever!!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #53 of 84 Hotels in Negril
St. catharines ontario
“Best vacation ever!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Hi my husband anad I just came back from 8 wonderful days at the Bar B Barn we traveled with another couple and I have to say it was the best vacation I have ever been on, even shed some tears when leaving, they make you feel so welcome and like your part of the family.The rooms were great always clean and if you needed something all you had to do was ask and it was right there.The staff all wanted to help you, Andrew at the bar was great,we teased him the whole trip called him Denzil washington cause he looks just like him lol.Hope is also lots of fun if you happen to see her tell her(show me the money) and tell her we say hi.Food was good and just loved breakfast,beach is just so relaxing you don,t want to move once you get there.Pinky in the gift shop was so friendly and we loved just talking with her everyday can,t wait to go back next yr for 2 wks.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 120 loved it was real close to the bar and beach
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank meepster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Finnish first
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

Of that view in the morning and even more beautiful in the evening...
First time in Jamaica Dec 1st to the 10th 2010, I loved our stay thne and I am sure will for the next stays back. The rooms was great, clean and everything worked, and for the little time we spent in the room, was more than enough. We lived at the Restaurant Bar Beach...like we were at home. Except no big Stereo to play my Raggae music on...very quiet.
Thank you, and yes, I am back. now in 2011, again in December opps no January 2012, but still, Back for more of Bar B Barns aviance.

Room Tip: higher rooms have more fun
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank georgitaylor
Blountville, Tennessee, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

Fell in love with this place 2/2010 that is why we are going back in 2012. Morning breakfast by the ocean. Can't wait to get back

• Stayed February 2011
2 Thank Hurleys4ut
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

I booked this hotel based on reviews found here , and it is a deal ! Priceline was $55-$65 a nite all tax inc. plus Free Full breakfast worth $5.00-$9.00 , The location was right on the beach ,room was clean and nice, A/C worked ,free TV,well kept for its age --The Food served here Was Great and not Pricey ! Across fron "Times Sq." shopping center ,I was able to get very good gift prices from store "12B-Legend " shop-1lb Blue Mountain coffee only $13 bucks ! ALL the staff were very polite and helpfull, as a note in J people make a living trying to sell you stuff,just tell them please not now as I respect you and I am on Vacation , only con was low water pressure for 1 day ...I am going back next year and WILL use this hotel again ! Desk Manager ,Denton Very Very wary of your needs ...also if you do go here say hello to Alvin-glass bottom boat captain , Tom -from CT

Room Tip: I liked the 125-128 side
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank tompecart
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

I love this small, quaint, hotel on the beach with simple, clean rooms. Be sure to request a fridge for your room. I got by with an ice bucket for the first 2 days, then moved to a room with a view of the beach. I enjoyed a delicious breakfast by the beach every morning. the food is great. I never thought I'd eat pizza in Jamaica, but it was good. Free wireless internet at the bar. I picked up in my room. Not all rooms have access to it. Ask for a room near the bar, if you don't mind the live music some nights with dinner service. Security is great; I never saw anyone strange roaming the property. Security verifies your guest at the guard shack after hours.Two tour drivers hang out at the bar. They can take your anywhere on the island. We hooked up with other guests and split the price of the van for 3 trips. We saved money and made new friends. Great jerk chicken and patty stands across the street, and a market next door to the hotel. I planned to split my trip between two properties. I changed my reservation and remained at Bar-B-Barn, and I'll continue to go in the future.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly for a great rate.
  • Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank phxgirl78
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2011

Just returned from 7 nights at the Bar-B-Barn and we loved every minute of it. Traveled with my husband and two children (ages 4 & 7) and we all had a great time. Ironically, my husband had stayed at the Bar-B-Barn as a single in his early 30's fifteen years ago. Had not intended to return there specifically, but after I did all my research for this trip, we ended up picking the B-B-B. The price was reasonable, with breakfast for 2 included (the kids stayed free so we had to pay for their breakfast separately, but usually they shared one entree and it was plenty for them).

The pluses of this place are the location and the staff. The beach is one of the best I've every been to and the water was like a bath and crystal clear. I can't say enough about the staff. Denton at the front desk, Maureen, Hope, Milton and the others at the restaurant and Mike & Ray the security guards, Chris and Ewan who keep the place in shape were all phenomenal! Everyone made a point of learning our names right away and couldn't have been more helpful or friendly. They all made such a fuss about our kids.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank LuckyMomNewJersey
ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2011

My husband and I decided to travel to Jamaica but wasnt sure where to stay, we made a very good choice when booking the bar-b-barn. I cant say enough great things about this wonderful place. The rooms are a good size, very clean, great air conditioning and hot running water for showers. The included breakfast was very good but wasnt brave enough to try the Jamaican breakfast...next time!, Angelea's resturant has amazing pizza and other Italian dinners and the resturant served up some great jerk chicken with a red stripe..:) Top notch service from the staff who treated us like family, always making sure we were happy and having fun, was even teary eyed when we had to say goodbye to our new friends.
The beach,......well what can I say?? Just simply beautiful and well cared for.
My husband and I will b returning for many years to come..We loved it Mon!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple