“I love the Bar-b-barn!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #51 of 84 Hotels in Negril
Telford, United Kingdom
“I love the Bar-b-barn!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

My Mom stayed here last year when she came to Jamaica with me to see my boyfriend. Her room was lovely and spacious and most importantly well air conditioned and clean. All the staff are wonderful. Everytime I am in Negril, my boyfriend and I stop off at bar b barn for lunch and drinks...nothing is too much trouble. I've lost count he amount of times I have just dropped in.

I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: You'll be fine with any room!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank iamme25

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Finnish first
winnipeg, canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

after staying many times at this property, this time was a huge disappointment. stayed april 4-10 with two friends. we like the block right by the bar, the rooms are great, the air works really well. . . . the property is very well landscaped, pretty and clean.

the front desk staff, denton and miss sonia are good people. the bar/restaurant staff left a lot to be desired . . . the first three days the owners were on site and the place ran like a clock. the family had a wedding in mo bay and the next three days the place was without management and it showed. difficult to get service, between the staff texting and just plain ignoring the requests. difficult to get coffee at breakfast with remarks like "i just made a pot" . . . there were 6 tables, so one pot of coffee is going nowhere . . . the good staff member is sherrice(sp?) . . . mike and ray the security ppl were real steady . . . . there seems to be a rush on the loungers . . .

i loved staying at this property many times, a lot of times solo with no problems . . . it makes me sad but, it's time to move to another property.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jitterbug66
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

we came to negril looking for a place to stay an came upon bbb, an years later here we are we never had a reason to go anywhere else, the staff are great the the rooms are clean there's always hotwater, i always look forward to there breakfast oh and there pizza upstairs at the italian restaurant to die for.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nic0lie
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Lovely location on the beach we stayed on a bed & breakfast basis - which was a good choice to allow freedom to explore. The room was comfortable, cleaned daily with good A/C. The hotel is run by helpful and polite staff, who will try and make you feel welcome. Security is excellent. Grounds are well kept and pretty. Would recommend to free thinking travellers who dont do the all inclusive prisons.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Yorkshire-Rose-uk
Swedesboro, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

My friend and I just came from a wonderful stay at the Bar b Barn. I can say it was the best relaxing vacation I have had since I been going to jamaica! Making this my 20th trip there.The staff are wonderful!! The restaurant is very good. The italian restaurant's food is very good as well..I will be back very soon!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank CHERYL S
St. catharines ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Hi my husband anad I just came back from 8 wonderful days at the Bar B Barn we traveled with another couple and I have to say it was the best vacation I have ever been on, even shed some tears when leaving, they make you feel so welcome and like your part of the family.The rooms were great always clean and if you needed something all you had to do was ask and it was right there.The staff all wanted to help you, Andrew at the bar was great,we teased him the whole trip called him Denzil washington cause he looks just like him lol.Hope is also lots of fun if you happen to see her tell her(show me the money) and tell her we say hi.Food was good and just loved breakfast,beach is just so relaxing you don,t want to move once you get there.Pinky in the gift shop was so friendly and we loved just talking with her everyday can,t wait to go back next yr for 2 wks.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 120 loved it was real close to the bar and beach
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank meepster
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

Of that view in the morning and even more beautiful in the evening...
First time in Jamaica Dec 1st to the 10th 2010, I loved our stay thne and I am sure will for the next stays back. The rooms was great, clean and everything worked, and for the little time we spent in the room, was more than enough. We lived at the Restaurant Bar Beach...like we were at home. Except no big Stereo to play my Raggae music on...very quiet.
Thank you, and yes, I am back. now in 2011, again in December opps no January 2012, but still, Back for more of Bar B Barns aviance.

Room Tip: higher rooms have more fun
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends