Bar-B-Barn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Rayon Hotel(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$112
US$84
  • Pool
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$174
Hedonism II(Negril)
US$767
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbourbon beachknutsford expressmorning breakfasta nice place to staygift shoplaid backjerk chickensecurityjamaicamileloungerspina
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 January 2013

My wife and I just got back yesterday. Our hotel stay was outstanding. The rooms were clean. The service was impeccable and extremely friendly. From the free daily breakfast to the nightly dinner the food was well prepared. We do however recommend Moms next door to the hotel for those that want local food; fish with the head and tail and breadfruit.
The location is a little far from Montego Bay. It takes over one hour to drive to the hotel. However we would recommend taking a shuttle and leave the driving to someone else. The roads are poorly marked and the local drivers are reckless. The shuttle is overall cheaper than a car rental and can be used to take you anywhere you want to go. The good part is that when you get to the hotel the ride will definitely be worth your time.
One last thing, Angela manages the hotel for the family. she is usually on site and easy to find should you have a problem. She is extremely nice. We did not have any problems.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank anthonytetawelch
Reviewed 11 January 2013

My husband and I stayed there Christmas week 2012. Check in was quick and they upgraded our room from a double bed to a queen bed without asking. You must ask for a key to the room safe and pay I think $3 per day. Also, refrigerators are available for rent for something like $5/ day. We didn't take advantage of that. Our room was located near the bar and was a decent size. Queen bed, Sat TV, AC, dressing table, closet and bathroom. It's definitely nothing fancy but the matress was great and everything worked well. One morning we had no water pressure but that was not the norm. One bar of soap was provided and nothing else so you need to bring shampoo, blow dryer, etc. The vibe of the hotel is very easy going and friendly which is their best selling point. Nothing was too much trouble. They even insisted on packing our cooler with ice for a boat excursion. Minor con was there didn't seem to be enough lounge chairs and I hate playing the chair game. We did learn later that many of the people using the loungers were actually staying at the hotel across the street. Security would try to shoo them away after discovering they weren't guest. Major con....the noise from the Bourbon Bar on concert nights. It's right (literally a few feet) next door and the music is LOUD. I had read this and another poster suggested ear plugs but the base pounded through me. It usually started around 10 and went on until 4-5 AM. This happened 3 of our 8 nights. This issue is what downgraded them to very good instead of excellent.

Location on the beach was great. About 1 mile from town and many restuarants and shopping located nearby. Two little stores right by the entrance and Times Square across the street, with ATM. Overall, it was the perfect place for us to stay and we can't wait to return.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KayeKaye623
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We went here on recommendation from a friend in feb 2012...the property was nice enough...the room kinda small....bar staff were good.....our complaint is we had to leave early because of documented medical emergency. Stayed 3 days and were charged for the full amount for 14 days, even after we contacted the management with facts they refused to reimburse any of our money......not even a partial amount.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Cheryll E
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Our family stayed in the cliffs for a week and then moved to the Bar B Barn for the New Years Holiday. I really liked the location. You could walk to town or up the beach to see other places. I found the security fine, and the staff friendly. I loved Clayton at the bar- a really nice guy! The one thing I had issue with was the really late concerts at Bourbon Beach next door. I get that it was the holiday- however- the first night the music went til 4 am- the next night 2 am and the 3rd night- about 130 am. Its not just music- its Dancehall with a tremendous bass that literally vibrates your bed. I sort of laughed and smiled and went on with life, (hey its the New Year!) but there were fellow hotel guests that were not at all happy. I talked with the owner and she said she is going to talk to Bourbon Beach to see if they will tone it down..... Who knows. Either way its a nice place to stay- the rooms were nice, the location great, and the staff friendly and helpful. I would advise asking about concerts when you book. That way you can know what your getting into if they have concerts 3 nights in a row. I would go back tomorrow to stay there.

Room Tip: I liked 114- its right by the beach and bar.. :) AC worked great. Shower good.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Grinch18
Reviewed 1 January 2013

I stayed there this past August and I'm sorry, I just can't get over eating pancakes at the outdoor bar while people were smoking marijuana. The location of the hotel is great, the beach is great, the room is OK at best. The people that worked the bar were nice. I guess I didn't feel entirely safe there even though I never had a problem with anyone at the hotel. It is somewhat disconcerting to be hounded by the vendors that prowl the beach area and they are very bold in hawking whatever trinket, drug, etc...that they deal in.

Don't know if I'd go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo