Coral Seas Garden
  • Beachfront
Bar-B-Barn(Negril)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssecurity guymy home away from homeseven mile beachjerk chickenpropertyjamaicavacationcambiorefrigeratorvendorssand
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Our first time in Jamaica & felt I did a decent job of researching the area in advance & was looking for a reasonably priced hotel in a safe location..Little did I know...I'd picked the WURST hotel in Negril. Day 1. We arrived at "Sunset on the Cliff"s" Hotel where I booked my reservation & was advised that the bar was closed for season & where requiered to check in at parent hotel " Sunset on the Beach. Upon paying a taxi to drive us to Sunset on the Beach & begining check in process we over heard another guest complaining about her stay & should have at this point " ran for the door!". We where escorted to our room by what appeared to be a homless man & upon entering the room noticed the smell of mold & possible mildew. The rooms are old & pure disgusting. There are no vending machines on property & you better be prepared to pay for EVERYTHING!! Including getting directions to nearest source of water, food & or medical attention. BEST part of this horrible nightmare was the unexpected neighbor next door.. We got ZERO sleep because of a FREAKING..DONKEY staying on pasture next door (literally with in 20ft ) our room. THIS PLACE IS A NIGHTMARE.. & Manager/Owner ( June ) is Freddy Cruger!!! This lady is a SCAM arists & should be placed in jail for scaming tourists. She does NOT belong in a job with client interaction, she is RUDE, unknowledgable about her industry & just puts a bad taste in peoples mouth & poorly represents Jamaican businesses. PLEASE FOLKS!!! STAY AWAY!!!..No one deserves this kind of punishment:(....Be warned go somewhere else!

Room Tip: Dont stay here..
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
12  Thank GodsgirlFL
sunsetonthecliffs, Owner at Coral Seas Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Rarely do I find the need to respond to a review, but when a review is not only slanderous to myself but also my employees, I am left no option What this guest is saying is 100% not the truth at all. First let me begin by stating her credit card was declined, but her reservation was held even though she had made no deposit, when it should have be cancelled then she shows up 1 day late without explanation,again it should have been cancelled, but accomadated her anyway. Her reservation was made through booking.com's subsidiary company, priceline. com, she then said booking.com did not exist, and stated that I was lying and had made up that companies name . She had booked at Sunset on the Cliffs, and yes we are doing renovations to the bar now, but she was given the option to stay at that hotel or at Sunset on the Beach, she then chose Sunset on the Beach. Upon arrival, she was checked in ( with no other guests being in the lobby at that time as she falsley states ) She was taken to her room buy a uniformed security guard, to imply that he was homeless is degrading and it is slander. She did not want to pay for her purchase of bottled water, which is what one does when they want to purchase something from a business, then as far as being charged for medical attention, first she never asked for anything of that nature and again, that would be for her to be responsible for financially. Her original booking was for 7 days, and as it clearly states in her booking agreement, at check-in, she must pay for the reservation in full. She did not want to do this, so she later claims at check out that I am commiting credit card fraud. Upon her third day, she comes to lobby to check-out, when asked why, she replies she is very sick ( which I agree ). She then demands a refund, I calmly inform her she must contact booking.com to modify her reservation, she then accuses me of making up the name of that company, I show her the original booking, she then says "my kind is vey clever and scheming", She begins to rant and rave about being located next to a donkey farm, which is another untrue statement. I then call booking.com myself to assist her with this , as she continues to say that there is no such company and she booked through pricleline,After I spoke to the representive from booking.com, I asked her to please speak with them, she stormed out of the lobby and into a cab. Booking.com then tried to reach her and she did not answer their calls ( even though she had her phone and was using it, as she pretended to be calling her bank stating that I was to be locked up for committing credit card fraud ). I then asked booking.com to modify her reservation and they did, even though she should have done this herself, but refused to listen to anything myself or the receptionist was saying. She was completly rude and saying very nasty things to both of us, as you can clearly see by what she writes about me. If her expecatations of this hotel were not met, or if she was in deed sick I can understand this, but to make up such a horrible story is just not accepatable.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

We were there for 2 weeks in March, 2012. All inclusive - not a buffet but actually made meals to order - very tasty. It was our first time in Jamacia. The hotel is quite small, its not one of those impersonal giant resorts. You soon recognize the guest and know all the staff. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Beach area is quite nice and large in comparison to many other resorts along the beach. We were at the very front of the resort. Room was large but very noise. Highway runs right in front and its quite noisy all night long. Be careful with your stuff, a lot of peddlars along the beach, although they go away if you ignore them. Walked into town, which I would only do during day light hours. Was advised not to even walk down the beach at night.
Jamaican is defnitely not the safest place, but this hotel is definitely a step up from the others along the beach.

Room Tip: Get a room as close to the beach as possible. These will be the quitest.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Winnipeg2Sun
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I was here Aug 2012, great staff, clean rooms, decided this will be my spot to stay, I travel to Negril twice a year this was my first stay at Sunset on the Beach. Economical, great location. I have been going to Negril the past 7 years, enjoyed my stay. Bringing friends in spring 2013 and already told them about this i where we are going to stay. Loved it here!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rhonda S
Reviewed 9 August 2012

This is such a great hotel! Steps from the sand and great staff! I suggest getting the 800 and 900 rooms, since they offer more space. It's close to the town center and all the other great places, like Alfred's, Jungle, and food locations. Miss June, Ricardo, and all her staff (Lloyd, Roy, Ian, Jerome) are extremely helpful and always looking out for you. I am definitely heading back here when I come back to Negril. Best deal for all that we had!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank CalGoBears
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I must hasten to say that Roy was the only authentic person on the premises. The rest of the staff you can get a smile from only after you stretch your hand with a hand out. After my first two days having discovered the "secrete" to getting real smiles, Istarted getting some smiles. Stacy and Sherie at the bar were nice. The housekeeping ladies were being really gracious.
The most disgusting part of my trip was having to pay for a piece of rag beach towel after I left it on a beach chair...$20 can you believe this? twenty dollars for a piece of sheetty towel. Please bring your towel with you and avoid the scam. I say a scam because no one comes into the premises to remove a towel as ugly and torn out as the ones they offer. So I later learned from one of the workers that they did get the towel back and scammed me of $20,

Room Tip: Be lucky to have a sea facing roomn
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo