“Not bad. Beautiful garden”
Review of Coral Seas Garden

Coral Seas Garden
Ranked #53 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Philadelphia, Pa
“Not bad. Beautiful garden”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hotel is across from the seven mile beach. The hotel is very basic like must of the hotels on the beach road. For the Handicapped or elderly I do not think this would be the place as the toilet was too low for me ( I am 38) and the shower could be dangerous for someone that needs more assistance. I had to help my mother in and out of the shower she is 67 and she needs assistance. There was TV, Cable, and internet but Wifi goes in and out. Air conditioner worked well.
The stay was nice but I would stay here again yes but not with my mother or any that would need assistance. There was not a lot of electrical outlets.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Cloris W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Memphis, TN
Reviewed 22 July 2014

What can I say that hasn't already been mentioned? I've stayed at many properties all up and down Beach Rd and this is now my favorite and my search is over! Yes you are right across the road but the money savings makes up for it. I stayed 10 great days and wanted to stay 100 more. My room was well appointed with a King bed, refrigerator, safe, cold AC, hot shower with good pressure and CLEAN. The housekeeping crew was polite and hardworking. The gardener was always around and beautifying the property, and another man was always available to help. The front desk was very kind upon check in and check out as well. The swimming pool was clean and available near a pool table to help take up some idle time. I had a blast in Negril as always and Coral Seas Garden is a perfect home base. Keep up the great work, I can't wait to return to my Favorite Negril hotel!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank BeachBaller
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We enjoyed our month at Coral Seas, the Gardens there are just beautiful and kept in excellent shape by Mr. Mike. I loved all the staff, the Jackson's and the guests we met are all permanent friendships. We have already booked our holiday for next year.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jill C
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I am a little late leaving a comment, as I promised the staff I would last year. But considering I am coming back to Negril again, but this time a different hotel, I thought it was the right time (just booked my other hotel, by the way!). The first time I came here it seemed to be a VERY different staff. All was well in April 2012. When I booked the room it said breakfast included, and that is what I got. I went solo. In August 2013 I went with my s/o and we had the absolutely worst time ever. We are pretty simple and laid-back people, traveled a few places, and returning to Negril. The type to explore the town, and hang with the natives. With that said, We were going to buy the "continental" breakfast once we arrived and paid for the room, but we were told now "real breakfast" only pastries and complimentary coffee, everything else you had to pay for ---> I made sure I told them that was NOT was was said on the website. We never had "breakfast" there -- too overpriced, anyways. We attempted to go to dinner the following night and arrived at 10:45pm (they are going to remember me now, once they see this comment). We arrived and we were ready to order, the waiter IAN had us waiting, just to come back to let us know what we ordered wasn't in the kitchen. Then we tried something else, then he told us it was TOO LATE TO ORDER DINNER. whaaaat? Needless to say, it went downhill from there. All the GREAT staff (but Kadesha and 2 others) was gone. They had some ratchet people working there and RUDE in the kitchen. Terrible stay and would never go back. Dirty towels, room wasn't as clean as the first stay, just unexpected. So this time around, we are going to a much better place! DO NOT COME HERE. And this is coming from a VERY laid back person!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Uyai E

Travellers are raving about these Negril hotels

Paw Paw, Michigan
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed across the street at the Yoga Center but used the beach and restaurant at Sunset. The people were super nice here. I came down early and reserved beach chairs and location (with a tip). Nice open bar and restaurant. Good food. Security was sufficient. Everyone was accommodating. Beach was outstanding. Once you become accustomed to how the beach vendors work it was a very nice vacation.

Room Tip: Didn't stay in the rooms at this location.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Really cheap prices and it did the job, but place wasn't the greatest.

First, I have to say we didn't like that the bar/restaurant area played American music. Hello! We're in Jamaica!

The beach part was beautiful but the rooms were only ok. Nice balcony to sit on.
The water even got cut off for a few hrs one day cuz of "plumming issues" according to the front desk.
Very last hotel on the southern end of the beach.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank EAnn86
Edson, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We recently stayed 16 wonderful days at this resort. Location is great, easy walk to town and numerous great restaurants. My suggestion is to skip the all inclusive and eat and drink at various places along the beach and in town. We did eat in the resort restaurant a couple times, and the meals were good and not expensive. The beach was awesome, the staff was great. We had no security issues at all; there are three locks on the door: doorknob, deadbolt, and chain. There are slats on the windows. When closed, there is no way of reaching in and unlocking the door (as described in another review.) As well, any time I was out on my balcony at night, security staff always seemed to be patrolling the grounds. We certainly never felt unsafe at any time, although I have to admit that we were generally in our rooms for the night by 9:00 PM. We found the room to be clean and the shower was great; lots of pressure. Yes, the towels are limited, but isn't it the environmentally friendly thing to do to reuse towels when possible? And using the power of the sun to dry the bathmats is also the responsible way of saving energy. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful. Except for the bar staff. I have to agree with a previous reviewer on that. I didn't tip for ice and was pretty much ignored the next time I went up to the bar. (Another reason to skip the all inclusive.) The beds in our room were firm, and if there was one thing I would change it would be the beds. But if you want a really good value for the money, give this resort a try. We've already booked our next vacation there.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple