“Never Again”
Review of Coral Seas Cliff

Coral Seas Cliff
Ranked #59 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 9 March 2011

We have stayed at this hotel for many years. It used to be called "Coral Seas Cliff". It was a great hotel until the storms wiped out the areas where you could get some shade. The cabana was not rebuilt. New management took over and was not very friendly. The rooms were remodeled but not real confy. There were times the shower didn't work, so we knew to bring our own shower head. Will not stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dive01
There are newer reviews for Coral Seas Cliff

Reviewed 28 February 2011

this was my 10th stay at least to both sunset on the cliff and sunset on the beach..it is an extraordinary place to stay..beautiful setting, friendly staff, excellent food and right in the thick of the west end- a totally hip and cultural area..the food was totally delicious..you cannot beat the value for the price..if you expect 5 stars stay elsewhere and pay 5 times as much for so much less!! my suggestion for new travelers: use common sense and keep your valuables secure..i have never had any issues with feeling unsafe. everyone at the hotel goes over and above whats expected to make your stay enjoyable..i would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to really experience jamaica !!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank lluvjamaica
Reviewed 30 January 2011

Just returned from a trip to Negril. Stayed at Sunset on The Cliffs and loved it! Staff was great. Spot was quiet and that's just what we wanted. This is not fancy resort but the food was top notch and we were treated very well by everyone. We already know we want to go back.

Food at the hotel was great but we picked this location and did NOT do an all-inclusive so we could try some locals spots. LOVED De Bar(just across the street). Trevor will take good care of you.
Also ate at The Hungry Lion, LTU Pub, and Sips + Bites. All good spots.

Used Rocky's Tour services for our aiport transfers as well as an excursion. Very professional and prices were competitive. I'd recommend them. We had many taxi drivers offer to take us places but we wanted the security of a reputable company and we found it with Rocky's.

This was quite a different experience for us. Just remember that you're in a country where ganja is everywhere. Once I got used to seeing it and smelling it everywhere, I was fine.

Felt safe our entire trip. Learned quickly to say a firm No Thanks when asked muliple times to buy a variety of wares.

If I had to list a "complaint", my suggestion for the hotel would be to invest in some new pillows for the beds. Other than that, no complaints at all! Pool was great. Drinks great.

Loved it!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sunshineGray
Reviewed 25 November 2010

This was my second stay at this property. I think Sunset on the Cliffs represents a nice value for the money. This is an attractive hotel, with great staff and larger sized rooms. It needs some cosmetic work but no huge issues. Rooms have air conditioning, TV, and phones to call within the resort. A big plus- there is a nice pool and you can swim off the Cliffs. We travelled as a larger group with 5 rooms (11 people), all kitchenettes. The staff made us feel welcomed - we arrived on the heels of Hurricane Nicole and were the firsts guests of the season. It was apparent that a lot of work went in to opening. The vegetation I recalled had been battered and new sprouts were planted in it's place. Our air conditioner stopped working right after we got there. They had a man out to repair that night and Carol did not leave until it was fixed. It could not be repaired so he wired a replacement in as he knew we did not want to move rooms. Any issues were promptly taken care of. The staff is great- Stacy took care of our all inclusive breakfast every day, making sure we could all eat and meet up with our friends for day. She was sensitive to Island time and made sure we were not late. Carol took good care of us, as did Denisha cleaning our rooms. Byron is a promising chef, personally checking on our satisfaction with the meal. The bartenders make mean Pina Coladas.

We spent a lot of time at the hotel, our rooms were ocean front. There are a lot of great outdoor spaces. The staff was helpful but not intrusive. I would recommend the hotel to a friend, I would just want to make sure the expectation is realistic. If you want high end luxury, pay for it, this is not your place. This hotel represents a great value for an ocean front kitchenette room with breakfast (a meal, not continental) included and there are some real gems on the staff.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sista069
Reviewed 8 March 2010

This is a lovely property, it really is. Unfortunetly it doesn't make up for the over all experience. I found the staf, with the exception of the gardener, to be completely unhelpful. The one and only meal we had (besides the included breakfast) was mediocre and when the bill came the prices were higher then stated on the menu!?! The "free shuttle" couldn't take more than 3 people on 6 out of the 8 days we were there, his car was to small. He was unavailable 2 days and the sub in had a van. The "free shuttle" man also scammed our friends, it was their first trip to Jamaica. He had them pay him $20US to go into the plaza and back!! I expect the taxi drivers to pull one over on them but didn't think we would need to warn and advise them on what they should pay for the trip since they were using a hotel staff member!! I must add that the hotel manager did refund their money when informed of the incident. Next we get to the rooms. Big, clean, but in need of some updating, run down looking bathrooms etc. Normally, and for the price, I wouldn't even mention that but I am. For the first 5 days if I showered very early in the morning I could get hot water. I figured this out on day 3 when I waited awhile before showering and didn't get any. There was no water pressure until the cold was turned on. On day 6 hot water ceased to exist. None for the rest of the trip, we all felt so gross and dirty. We were literally sponge bathing with the sink, it was to unbearably cold to stand under and of course there's the shaving with only cold water issue. Next and the worst part. I had cigarettes taken from the container I bring them in 2 days in a row, then I hid them. My sisters blue jeans disappeared from her room. The manager refused to beleive her staff was invovled. She actually said she figured since my sister was single she must have had a local or 2 in her room who could have taken them, gasp! She did pay to replace them in the end but absolutely would not beleive it had anything to do with the staff members so I assume they will continue to steal things. I also requested that our 3 rooms not be "cleaned" anymore but when we got back to our rooms at the end of the day they had all been entered. This hotel has a nice location and the potential to be so much better. Unfortunetly the vibe sucks, the showers suck, staff scam you and somebody is stealing. I would not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
5  Thank katho9
Reviewed 29 January 2010

i stayed at sunset on the cliffs for 4 weeks.what can i say the staff were very helpful always asking if i was ok.my room was clean and tidy on arrival and every day after i had my own kitchen so never sampled the food lovely sea view out of every window or i could sit outside and enjoy the beautyful sunset would defintly stay here again and have recommed it to my family and friends.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank angela16Angela16
Reviewed 25 January 2010

I absolutely loved this friendly boutique hotel hidden away behind majestic foliage and flowered gardens. My room was very clean with king size bed, ceiling fan, ac, tv, phone, fluffy white towels in a bathroom with powerfull shower and lots of hot water. The balcony was just a few feet from the sea and dolphin watching was mesmorizing.
The large pool off the bar and restaurant was very clean and well kept. My favorite drink was a fresh blend of pineapple, banana and papaya (some add rum). On lazy days room service brought delicious breakfasts and eye popping Blue Mountain coffee.
Access to the sea was easy and snorkeling and swimming were amazing. This is my 4th visit to Sunset on the Cliffs and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I will go back again and again.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends