“Loves it”

Ranked #77 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Florida
“Loves it”
Reviewed 23 March 2007

Love it. Perfect place to stay in Jamaica. Staff is friendly and the rooms are nice. REal Jamaica feel.

Stayed March 2007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New York
Reviewed 21 December 2006

My stay at Daniel's was fabulous. The staff was very hospitable and accomodating. The rooms were clean, spacious and relaxing. The grounds was well kept and secure. The security guard was friendly and informative.

• Liked — The clean, spacious room
  • Disliked — No entertainment on the grounds
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
michigan
Reviewed 25 September 2006

We love Daniel Beach! We have been going there for about 5 years. Sophia and the rest of the staff are the nicest people I've ever met. Prices are great, some of the rooms have kitchens and some don't. Water pressure is a little low but that happens all over the island. They also have 2 ocean front rooms that are 15 feet from the shore. They come with kitchen, bathroom, dining area and numerous beds. We have rented that the last 2 times we were down there and worked perfect!!!!! Watch the sunset from your patio! Security is not an issue. We have never had a problem at this resort. Will be back again February of 2007.

• Liked — clean
  • Stayed February 2006, travelled with family
2 Thank bseeger
Manchester, England
Reviewed 25 July 2006

Daniel village was what i expected, it was small, easy and relaxed. Just like jamaica. I have read a few of the other reviews moaning about roaches and bugs but these people don't understand that all hotels in tropical countries whether they be 5 star all inclusive hotels or a 1 star B&B's there will always be insects in your room, get over it!!! Another thing is, Daniel village doesn't propose that it's a hot shot hotel it's what you pay for. Going to a country like jamaica means that you use the hotels as a place to sleep not to lounge around all day by the pool. If you want an all inclusive, caged in hotel, then go to couples or sandals.,

• Liked — friendly
  • Disliked — expensive wash service
  • Tips/Secrets — Get the rum friut punch, its ace!
  • Stayed February 2006, travelled with family
8 Thank bbarlow898
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 March 2006

I stayed in this hotel with 8 other people for spring break. It was nice for spring break, but not for families. It was clean, we had some problems with water not working, but that is an island issue not specific to the hotel. It has taxi drivers outside all of the time, they are really good guys will take you anywhere for $1 don't pay any more. The hotel maids brought clean towels everyday and were really nice. I cut my foot and the front desk lady helped me with first aid, really sweet woman. The pool is nice, pool bar is ok doesn't have a huge selection but that is NO PROBLEM MON because there are plenty of bars. Legends restaurant was really good, there is tons to do in Negril, never boring. I wouldn't bring a family here only because security was a little sketchy. Guys in the resort were a little sketchy didn't know if they worked there or just hung out but they said some things that made me think twice. Keep your stuff locked (room and luggage) and be assertive. Only get into taxi's with red lisence plates they are the safest, don't stop to talk to people on the streets, and always bargain for the best deals!! E-mail me if you have any questions about this hotel. I would stay here again if I had to.

• Stayed March 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Negril hotels

Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 January 2006

the hotel wasn't that bad...i mean it's nothing fancy but its pretty much what you pay for. I didn't eat at the restaurant there, the security is ok, so lock your doors and lock your belongings before you go out. The room was fairly clean but we got the occasional cockroach...also the water would randomly turn off or there wouldn't be a lot of water...also the power would go off randomly too. overall, i had a great time. we were 4 girls staying at the hotel and we didn't have too much of a problem...we were also not in the room that much anyway, so it wasn't so bad. if you plan on staying in the hotel for a long time then maybe it would be better to have a better place to stay. it was also very close to the beach, right across the street.

• Stayed March 2005
4 Thank JB419
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 October 2005

I absolutely loved my holiday at this resort. The grounds were really nice and the ataff were so helpful. I went with my mum and grandma and they came back as relaxed as I did. The staff are fabulous (we even made friends with the chef who would prepare us whatever we wanted for dinner.) Both of the chef's are so lovely and cook brilliant food. The bar staff were brilliant especially Theresa and Kirk. They were so friendly and down to earth and done their best to make our stay memorable. We even got to meet the owner. He's such a lovely, down to earth man who would make us coffee in the morning if we were there when he was. The rooms were lovely. They were big and ALWAYS clean. This resort is for those who want to forget about the hustle and bustle of life and just kick back and relax in beautiful surroundings. The beach was about 2 minutes walk and we'd go for early morning walks by the sea, met lots of locals and saw amazing sea life. The nightclub down the road (Jungle) was brill. It houses everything under one roof. I've been to Jamaica about 7 times and this is truly one of the best resorts that I've stayed at.

• Stayed August 2004