Merrils Beach Resort II
US$99
  • Pool
US$212
US$193
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$69
US$120
US$61
  • Pool
Negril Tree House Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$150
Xtabi Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$78
Cancelon
Hedonism II(Negril)
US$767
US$484
US$469
Bookit.com
All reviewssecurity guardfresh fruitlove negrilextra towelsfrozen drinksred stripeplenty of chairsocean frontgreat vacationjerk chickenbeachresortlocalsrastamileamericansmaids
Reviewed 2 April 2008

Our stay started off alittle rocky because the person that was suppose to check out of our room didn't and we were given a very small room way in the back of the resort. After we went to the lobby and complained and told them we wanted to be moved to a different resort they called the manager. When Viola (the manager) explained to us what had happened and that they would move us in the morning to a much better room we agreed to stay and see where we would be moved. She put us in the ocean front suite and we were very satisfied with that. She checked on us everyday to make sure we were happy. She was excellent as far as making sure we had what we needed. I would definately recommend Merrils to anyone looking for a relaxing vacation. We were there for 10 days and got to know the staff alittle and everyone was very nice to us. The beach is beautiful...... I would for sure like to go back to Merrils II someday.....

Stayed: March 2008
6  Thank siscam
Reviewed 25 March 2008

Merrils II is one of 3 Merrils in Negril and the best of the three. All three are near each other on the beach. It isn't grand but the room was clean, it was right on the beach, and our kids loved it. It is the only one of the 3 with a pool. The food was so-so, but you can eat at any of the three resorts and we found that the food was better at Merrils I. The breakfast were the best and the fish was generally good. We were mostly there for the beach which was wonderful. Gourmet meals aren't necessary. It is an open beach so you are approached by people trying to sell you stuff but after the first day or two they move on the the newbies on the beach. The security guards were sporadic in enforcing a no stopping and selling rule. Most of the guests were from Germany and Italy - not many Americans. Being a smaller resort we had the chance to get to know our fellow guests more so than at a mega-resort. My daughter became fast friends with a German girl and although they couldn't speak the same language they had a great time. Topless bathing is allowed so be prepared. After the first few days is was no big deal to my kids. I would recommend a boat trip with Rasta Mikey and his son Pogo who operate the One Love Glass Bottom boat from the beach in front of the resort. The two trips we took- one to the cliffs and another snorkeling where the highlights for my kids. Really great guys. Overall Merrils II isn't grand but it is a good value for what you pay.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank ellicottcitytraveler
Reviewed 12 March 2008

Merrils 11 was the experience of a lifetime staff, guests, shared moments, of culture, enthusiasm and spontaneous activities, based on the vibrancy of the native, island jamaica, from our room we could see the beautiful and exotic, sunsets. This Hotel i would recommend to anyone who wants to experience exposure of different cultures. a variety of dishes and the warmth of native dancing.

Stayed: June 2004
2  Thank swtlips
Reviewed 4 March 2008

We first went to Merrill’s 2 in July of 2007...we had never been to Jamaica before, so I wasn't really sure what to expect. Having been to all the other Caribbean Islands I was excited to experience a new place. I must say that hands down Jamaica is my FAVORITE of all the islands!!! Merrill’s 2 is a great little hotel. The staff is friendly, accommodating, and helpful. The bartenders are AWESOME! Especially Ivo and Germaine! The food is delicious! It is like good ol’ Caribbean home cooking…lots of fish (yum!). They post the menus for all three Merrill’s each day and you can visit any of them to eat. The beach is BEAUTIFUL!!! It is clean and the water is calm, no rocks or anything! We stayed on the beach all day long! There is a pool, but it is not very big and most of the kids hang out there. There are also kayaks, etc that you can take out for no charge.
We had such a great time that we went back in Nov. 2007 for my birthday. My experience was just as great the second time around! We had a little issue with our room not being ready when we checked in, but they gave us a room to use in the meantime and we ended up being upgraded to a deluxe room =)…Mrs. Halloway is the best, she was so helpful and took care of us the rest of the trip.
The rainy season washed away some of the beach at Merrill’s 2, but we just walked over to Merrill’s 3 and used that beach since there was plenty of space. There are always tons of chairs and towels so we never had to worry about that. Most of the guests at the hotel are from Europe, lots of Italians and Germans, but on our first trip we met a bunch of Americans also (I guess it depends on the time of year).
The locals do come up to the newbie’s the first day or two trying to sell you everything, but once you tell them no they leave you alone and move on…we are planning our third visit to Merrill’s this July and will probably end up there a fourth time for New Years Eve (we cant get enough of Merrill’s 2!) There are reggae concerts on the beach at Alfred’s and on Thursday’s its ladies night at the Jungle (a fun little night club up the road). All in all, it is a great vacation destination and I can’t wait to go back to my second home, Merrill’s 2!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank nina1116
Reviewed 1 January 2008

I'm not even sure where to begin. Yes, the sea water was crystal clear and the sand white,that is when you could see thru the hawkers to enjoy it. Yes, the rooms were spacious, the ants in my bathroom were having a full out party! They were jamming to the tunes seeping thru our walls from a public beach party, which was being held directly next door. Jamaica is typically known for the level of service one receives. I suppose the employees at Merrils aren't aware of this. The bartenders were HORRIBLE. They routinely rolled their eyes at us for having the nerve to ask for a drink. We were told we could eat at any of the 3 restaurants from I, II or III. Nice, right? HAHAHA...They served the same dinner at all 3 the first night we were there...this was also our last night. We were fortunate enough to find rooms at another resort to finish out our vacation. OH, by the way the food was ATROCIOUS!! I've read where this was a budget place...we paid $1100 PP and could have booked RIU for $1400. Where's the bargin??

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank lisashag