“A hidden Jewel”

Ranked #58 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Boca Raton, Florida
“A hidden Jewel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

I was skeptical about staying here at first, however i greeted by the warmest smile. Miss Moonie is an awesome lady and so was Steven.
The grounds was properly maintained with a small garden at the front. We made our way to our rooms 1 on the first floor the other on the second. It was lovely, clean and welcoming, home away from home. We were then greeted by rocky, the owners black Labrador who stop by for a belly rub every now and then!! lol
All in all it was priced right and value for money especially if staying for extended periods. Miss moonie and her staff will make you fell right at home. See you next year mon!!!

Room Tip: The longer you stay the better the rates
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jermaine R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

I have not stayed here, but have a friend who stays for three months every year. He gave me a tour last year. The location is great, right in the center of Norman Manley and across from Idle Awhile and Coco La Palm. The owner was very nice and showed me all of the rooms. She takes a lot of pride in her property. They were basic but very clean and prices seemed very reasonable, especially for long term stays.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank doglover75
boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

I stay at Moonrise every year for three months. This is a family owned hotel and that is what makes it so appealing. The rates and location are excellent. The owners and staff are always available to make sure you have a pleasant stay. I look forward to staying there again in the near future.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank thenegrilwalkinglady
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Moonrise in college in 1998. I doubt the place has changed much. I would say that this place is a great value.....Our room was clean and we had hot water in our private bathroom. Never saw any bugs or insects. My only compliant would have to be that the AC didn't work real well and the light bulb from the ceiling was low in wattage so our room was perpetually dark. The location is great as it is across the street from the beach and close to many hot spots. While in Negril we explored YS falls and did some parasailing. We also took a day trip to Booby Cay or whatever the little island is called (it has been a long time). I would go back to Moonrise if I were on a tight budget but wanted to exprience an amazingly beautiful place. The owners are very nice and the place always felt safe.

• Stayed March 1999
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2004

I spent 12 weeks in Jamaica this year having fallen in love with my first trip in 2003 and my hate for minnesota winters,I saved up my butt being a single guy with no kids was a smaller goal to accomplish than some could imagine.
I did not plan my stay at monnrise, i stayed about mile further down at peaceful gardens across the beach from Roots Bamboo.
Well after paying ahead for some of my room at peaceful and paying the rest when i got there, I was pretty much obligated to stay there.
I can write anyone with more of what i did in negril and the places i visited and so on if ya care to email me.
So come the end of my stay i wanted to check around other places before i left to keep in mind for next winter to soon come!!
I had a fellow minnesotan i had met in negril who was there about 10 weeks and he stayed at moonrise villa so i decided to stay my last 3 days there.
Ms. Moonie is very nice lady, and she did give me a decent price on a single room, she don't bargain to much lol, i decided to give in the $35 a night and check it out.
My room didn't come with the fridge or tv that some rooms have, but if i would have stayed there longer they are available. There is a nice swimming pool in the back, the landscaping around the place is awesome, its very quiet compared to peaceful gardens, like 8 times quieter!!
Ms.Moonie came to my room next day and wanted to know if i needed sheets or towels, after 11 1/2 weeks of doing my own laundry i was shocked, i gave her my trash and told her i was doing good.
The room comes with a safe deposit box, is cable ready, nice size bathroom, plenty Hot Water, another thing i didn't have much od 11 1/2 weeks!!
The restaraunt and bar were nit really in service but it is set up and i heard Ms. Moonie still cooks breakfast.
The security is very good, the driver Gary took me to the airport and is very cool man 876-775-7389 if you need to get picked up.
when i return i plan to go straight to Moonrise Villa and at least spend first few days to week there while i shop the cliffs for a decent monthly affordable rate.
Email me for a link to my jamaica pics.

Ya Mon ~ respect