“Banana's Garden - an oasis of unconditional hospitality!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Banana's Garden Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Negril
Banana's Garden Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 42 Negril B&B and Inns
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Banana's Garden - an oasis of unconditional hospitality!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

Whether you're looking for a great destination to travel to with friends, or a quiet romantic getaway, Banana's Garden is the place to be. I stayed at Banana's Garden last year with a couple of girl friends and returned this year with my fiance. The location could not have been more perfect, right on the West End across the street from world-famous Ricks cafe. There are plenty of great bars and restaurants within walking distance for a delicious meal, drinks, and a prime view of the sunset. Cliff access to the sea is right across the street and white sand beaches are just a short car ride away. The cottages are located within the gated garden with plenty of privacy provided by the lush tropical foliage. Nicole is a phenomenal hostess and her breakfasts are divine. One of the best parts of the trip was enjoying a quiet gourmet meal with coffee on our veranda. Both of my visits were extremely safe and I left feeling relaxed, refreshed, and very well-cared for. Can't wait to go back next year!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Erin B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

My family and I were guests at Banana's Garden for 3 blissful weeks in February. Our stay with Nicole and her incredible staff in this beautiful garden setting was truly unforgettable.
We stayed in their most spacious cottage, Mango Cottage. It was perfect for our young family of 4. We particularly enjoyed the outdoor shower and lovely porch. I also loved the vibrant fabrics used for tablecloths and bedspreads and the fresh flowers in the cottage picked by the staff.
The cottages are set among a lush tropical garden - a real feast for the senses coming from a Canadian winter landscape. The garden is beautifully maintained. We loved walking the paths through the garden and stopping to admire the flowers and wildlife. An endlessly fascinating experience for our children. The garden also provides lots of shade, a lovely break from the hot tropical sun.
One of the highlights of our day was breakfast with Nicole at the picnic table. The staff will bring breakfast to your cottage or you are welcome to eat near the kitchen with other guests. The breakfasts are fresh, healthy and delicious. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee is served and doesn't disappoint. It was a really wonderful way to start the day, and an opportunity to ask Nicole questions about the area and get advice. She is very knowledgeable about the area and is happy to share what she has learned and help you with any arrangements.
Banana's Garden is right across the street from the famous Rick's Cafe where you can take in the spectacular sunset while watching the fearless locals entertain you with flips and dives off the cliffs into the azure waters below. Oh yeah, there's live music there every night as well. It is a real scene, packed with people bussed in from the all inclusive resorts, but it is an experience not to be missed.
The garden is also within walking distance of a well stocked grocery store, a yummy vegan takeaway, and a few other bars/restaurants that offer nightly sunset drinks and dinners.
There are many other superb restaurants a short taxi ride away. Nicole knows all the best places to eat, all you need to do is ask.
My husband and I had the swim of our lives off the cliffs at Xtabi, a restaurant/bar, a short taxi ride from the B&B.
The road outside the B&B is busy and there is only a small shoulder, so you need to be careful walking, especially with children. We found the best time to walk was early morning (our kids were up early!), and we always walked away from Negril (the road is not as busy in this direction) towards the lighthouse. We used carriers for our children on these walks. We did get more comfortable with the walking and it really wasn't an issue for the adults.
Can't forget the beach!! Negril's 7 mile beach is one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever experienced. The sand is fine and clean. The water is warm and clear and usually relatively calm. There is lots of shade along the beach, provided by lovely swaying palms and almond trees. Just gorgeous.
The B&B's drivers were always available to take us to the beach, which is about a 10 min. drive away, and then pick us up whenever we wanted. Don't miss sunset on the beach - the light is unbelievable.
The drivers are also available to take you on longer distance excursions around the island.
I would highly recommend Banana's Garden. Nicole and her staff make you feel so welcome and comfortable - I have honestly never had such a personable experience at a hotel. It actually didn't even feel like we staying at a hotel, more like we were staying with family - in the best sense of the word!
Your privacy is respected, but everyone is very warm and helpful. A perfect combination.
We hope to be back someday soon.
Stephanie and family.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Stephanie J
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

I stayed at Banana's Garden for a week in February when I joined my daughter and her family. I had a simply wonderful time. I loved this quiet place, my own little cottage, the meandering paths in the garden, the delicious breakfasts and amazing coffee, the friendly, helpful staff,the nicely shaded pool, the location within walking distance of many interesting local experiences, and a short taxi away from the beach or cliffs for swimming and beautiful sunsets.I appreciated having WiFi access and being able to arrange transport to and from the airport in Montego Bay. The manager Nicole does all she can to ensure that guests are comfortable, informed about any local activities and enjoy their stay. I hope to return to Banana's Garden!

Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

My fiance and I would highly recommend Banana's Garden to the traveler who wants to get away from the typical 'All-Inclusive' resort. Nicole will personally welcome you at the gate, and take you to one of their awesome little private cottages. They have everything you need, and nothing you don't! They're very clean and comfortable.
Every afternoon, they will drop off a little card to fill out what you'd like to have for breakfast the next morning. When they are delivered right to your cottage, let me tell you, they are truly an incredible way to start your day! Fresh fruit, juices, coffee and a different breakfast selection every day (Banana pancakes, cinnamon french toast, Ackee & Fish, etc just to name a few examples). They're awesome!
If there is anything that you need, Nicole being hte excellent host she is, was always happy to help with directions and suggestions.
There are lots of dining options within a 10 minute walk, or there is a small kitchenette in your cottage.
All things considered, we Highly Recommend Bananas Garden!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kyle H
Gladbeck, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

After spending some days in NYC and before moving to a All Inclusive at Bloody Bay we decided to spend one week at a Bed&Breakfast in Negril to start our Jamaica trip.

The Banana's Garden was our choice and it was the perfect spot for us. The cottage (we stayed at the Breadfruit) has everything you need including a small kitchen, bed with mosquito net, "half-open" bath and our favorite place: the verenda with big seats to chill in.
The Breakfast was served to the verenda each morning with a smile and it allways included fruits from the Banana's Garden.

The Garden is like a small park with plenty of fruits and plants I've never seen (nor eaten) before. A footpath leads through the garden and in a circle it reaches all the guest cottages and the office.

For lunch and dinner we either prepared something from stuff that we bought at the close Wise Choice grocery mart or we went to one of the food shacks on the streetside.

Rick's Cafe & LTU Pub and more are just a stone's throw away to take a drink during a sunset.

All of the staff at Banana's Garden made sure we have a nice time and they had great success with this :)

Even though (or because) there is no Martini Bar (if you need it), no Beach (but Cliffs) and no Buffet for Dinner: My wife and I agreed that we experienced more "Jamaica" and felt more comfortable at Banana's Garden than in the All Inclusive that we went to the week after.

Hope to be back in the Garden one time.

Inga & Ralph, Germany

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rallemann
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

There are lots of options for accommodations in Negril but if you are looking for a unique and natural experience that is welcoming and comfortable stay here! The cottages are cozy and comfortable and have everything you need. I loved having a kitchen to prepare quick meals and enjoyed drinking coffee and reading on the veranda every morning. I stayed for 7 days and traveled by myself. I felt safe and well taken care of. The gardens are beautiful and thecottages have lots of character. Nicole was an excellent host, an awesome cook and had great suggestions for places to eat and the best beach/sunset spots. Banana's garden is an easy walk dozens of restaurant and bars and a 5 minute ride to the beach.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Columbus, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

Stayed in the Ackee cottage (in the very back of the garden) and have NO complaints!! First time staying at a bed and breakfast so didn't know what to expect. Outdoor shower was nice in addition to available dishes and silverware if we wanted to cook. Breakfast was brought daily, according to the time you requested. For you coffee drinkers, they offered Blue Mountain, which I drank DAILY--yum!! The garden, which is absolutely beautiful, features a large cotton tree in the middle back, in front of the Ackee cottage. There are screens on the windows (shutters for privacy) which allowed for a nice breeze. Plenty of dining options within walking distance. Overall my partner and I would recommend Banana's Garden 100%!!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple