Banana's Garden Bed & Breakfast
US$193
US$120
US$59
  • Pool
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$69
Negril Tree House Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$148
Orbitz.com
Xtabi Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$469
Bookit.com
All reviewsricks cafeackeecabinanxiouslykitchenette
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Nicole and her wonderful staff became a second family to my husband and myself. We in addition to the other guests soon realized that this is not your typical vacation. We felt like we were transformed into our own Eden paradise. We felt very safe and yet we were part of the Jamaican experience to enjoy at our leisure. The cliffs and Rick's Cafe directly across the street, were very easy access for us to come and go when ever we wanted. Our day was always started by the bright and sunny faces of the people of Banana's Garden delivering our wonderful breakfast right to our veranda. I still dream of the banana, whole wheat pancakes, with fresh fruit. I ate and ate the whole nine days in Jamaica and lost five pounds! I didn't think I was going to a health spa. How is that for an added bonus?!
This was a vacation of anyone's dreams, I know it was for me and still is! Just bring mosquito spray because the Jamaican mosquitos like foreign blood. LOL

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Marcie O
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Whether you're looking for a great destination to travel to with friends, or a quiet romantic getaway, Banana's Garden is the place to be. I stayed at Banana's Garden last year with a couple of girl friends and returned this year with my fiance. The location could not have been more perfect, right on the West End across the street from world-famous Ricks cafe. There are plenty of great bars and restaurants within walking distance for a delicious meal, drinks, and a prime view of the sunset. Cliff access to the sea is right across the street and white sand beaches are just a short car ride away. The cottages are located within the gated garden with plenty of privacy provided by the lush tropical foliage. Nicole is a phenomenal hostess and her breakfasts are divine. One of the best parts of the trip was enjoying a quiet gourmet meal with coffee on our veranda. Both of my visits were extremely safe and I left feeling relaxed, refreshed, and very well-cared for. Can't wait to go back next year!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Erin B
Reviewed 17 March 2012

My family and I were guests at Banana's Garden for 3 blissful weeks in February. Our stay with Nicole and her incredible staff in this beautiful garden setting was truly unforgettable.
We stayed in their most spacious cottage, Mango Cottage. It was perfect for our young family of 4. We particularly enjoyed the outdoor shower and lovely porch. I also loved the vibrant fabrics used for tablecloths and bedspreads and the fresh flowers in the cottage picked by the staff.
The cottages are set among a lush tropical garden - a real feast for the senses coming from a Canadian winter landscape. The garden is beautifully maintained. We loved walking the paths through the garden and stopping to admire the flowers and wildlife. An endlessly fascinating experience for our children. The garden also provides lots of shade, a lovely break from the hot tropical sun.
One of the highlights of our day was breakfast with Nicole at the picnic table. The staff will bring breakfast to your cottage or you are welcome to eat near the kitchen with other guests. The breakfasts are fresh, healthy and delicious. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee is served and doesn't disappoint. It was a really wonderful way to start the day, and an opportunity to ask Nicole questions about the area and get advice. She is very knowledgeable about the area and is happy to share what she has learned and help you with any arrangements.
Banana's Garden is right across the street from the famous Rick's Cafe where you can take in the spectacular sunset while watching the fearless locals entertain you with flips and dives off the cliffs into the azure waters below. Oh yeah, there's live music there every night as well. It is a real scene, packed with people bussed in from the all inclusive resorts, but it is an experience not to be missed.
The garden is also within walking distance of a well stocked grocery store, a yummy vegan takeaway, and a few other bars/restaurants that offer nightly sunset drinks and dinners.
There are many other superb restaurants a short taxi ride away. Nicole knows all the best places to eat, all you need to do is ask.
My husband and I had the swim of our lives off the cliffs at Xtabi, a restaurant/bar, a short taxi ride from the B&B.
The road outside the B&B is busy and there is only a small shoulder, so you need to be careful walking, especially with children. We found the best time to walk was early morning (our kids were up early!), and we always walked away from Negril (the road is not as busy in this direction) towards the lighthouse. We used carriers for our children on these walks. We did get more comfortable with the walking and it really wasn't an issue for the adults.
Can't forget the beach!! Negril's 7 mile beach is one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever experienced. The sand is fine and clean. The water is warm and clear and usually relatively calm. There is lots of shade along the beach, provided by lovely swaying palms and almond trees. Just gorgeous.
The B&B's drivers were always available to take us to the beach, which is about a 10 min. drive away, and then pick us up whenever we wanted. Don't miss sunset on the beach - the light is unbelievable.
The drivers are also available to take you on longer distance excursions around the island.
I would highly recommend Banana's Garden. Nicole and her staff make you feel so welcome and comfortable - I have honestly never had such a personable experience at a hotel. It actually didn't even feel like we staying at a hotel, more like we were staying with family - in the best sense of the word!
Your privacy is respected, but everyone is very warm and helpful. A perfect combination.
We hope to be back someday soon.
Stephanie and family.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Stephanie J
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I stayed at Banana's Garden for a week in February when I joined my daughter and her family. I had a simply wonderful time. I loved this quiet place, my own little cottage, the meandering paths in the garden, the delicious breakfasts and amazing coffee, the friendly, helpful staff,the nicely shaded pool, the location within walking distance of many interesting local experiences, and a short taxi away from the beach or cliffs for swimming and beautiful sunsets.I appreciated having WiFi access and being able to arrange transport to and from the airport in Montego Bay. The manager Nicole does all she can to ensure that guests are comfortable, informed about any local activities and enjoy their stay. I hope to return to Banana's Garden!

Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2012

My fiance and I would highly recommend Banana's Garden to the traveler who wants to get away from the typical 'All-Inclusive' resort. Nicole will personally welcome you at the gate, and take you to one of their awesome little private cottages. They have everything you need, and nothing you don't! They're very clean and comfortable.
Every afternoon, they will drop off a little card to fill out what you'd like to have for breakfast the next morning. When they are delivered right to your cottage, let me tell you, they are truly an incredible way to start your day! Fresh fruit, juices, coffee and a different breakfast selection every day (Banana pancakes, cinnamon french toast, Ackee & Fish, etc just to name a few examples). They're awesome!
If there is anything that you need, Nicole being hte excellent host she is, was always happy to help with directions and suggestions.
There are lots of dining options within a 10 minute walk, or there is a small kitchenette in your cottage.
All things considered, we Highly Recommend Bananas Garden!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple