“Nice location”

Ranked #64 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Clayton, ny
“Nice location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stayed here in May for 3 nights as part of our split vacation, that included 4 nights on the cliffs. Our past time is next to Sandals Negril and the swimming here is awesome. We have stayed at Sandals in the past and wanted to try a resort that was not AI. We ate here only a couple of times as we went to many of Negril's restaurants. We had a blast. This little hotel is clean and cheap. The only thing bad about it was the drug dealers out front of the resort. There were three of them, the leader "David" and the guy with a gold tooth are relentless in every single day, several times a day trying to sell ganja, cocaine, hash, you name it mon. I watched this guy "David" from my beach chair as he runs this section of beach. I have been to Negril for over 6 years and this same guy is doing his thing. Someone needs to shut him down as he is too aggressive. I do not think that he has anything to do with the hotel. Other than that this is a great little spot to stay with a nice beach and lobster (fireman's) . It is only a short cab ride to the downtown areas where you can walk for miles on the beach or go to Rick's for the day.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank John J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

We stayed at Our Past Time Hotel for a wedding at beaches negril. The staff was very helpful, the rooms were great, the views were glorious!! We had the chef cook the rehearsal dinner, they did an excellent job. Decorated nicely. My husband caught a fish and they prepared it for us. We were never bothered by vendors, they had someone selling fruit on sight and a massage table, shops right next door. If I were ever to go to Jamaica again that would be where I would stay! Great experience. They helped with transportation and took us a local shop it get mirror on rental car fixed! Very helpful.

Room Tip: We had 6 rooms, all were good, the view of ocean was excellent on second floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank VirginiaMahaffey
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

Best place on the 7 mile for grilled lobster. Reasonably priced, quiet, friendly, great vibe. You must get the lobster from Fireman's Lobster Pit, tell him "Smally" sent you for an even greater lobster dining experience. Hotel not overcrowded, not over priced, helpful friendly staff. Perfect spot for families, couples, singles, weddings, birthdays, etc.

Room Tip: Room 215 is one of my favorites Faces the beach so you can hear the beach waves at night, but tucke...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Bloomfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

Where do I start? Our flight was delayed due to the snow storm that hit the morning of and when we arrived at 11:30pn the security guard was there to meet us and showed us to our room. My boyfriend and I stayed in a studio w/ kitchenette which was tastefully decorated, had a very large closet that contained shelving, a bamboo post bed and nicely titled bathroom. Did I forget to mention the large patio that had a table with 2 chairs!! The owner, Mrs., Hazel, was amazing!! She called several restaurants and arranged pickups for us, called for pricing for rental cars, directed us to the best Cambio and suggested all types of activities. The restaurant service was a little slow but LaToya is the best and make sure you get one of her delicious Pina Coladas!! They have everything on the beach walking distance including massages (love Sharon), jet skies, grilled lobster, beach wear and a fresh fruit stand (thanks Nickel for the great coconuts).

The property is small but well kept and provides everything you need including air conditioning! I would definitely recommend Our Past Time and plan on returning.

Room Tip: Room 215 - studio w/kitchenette, large closet and great patio view
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Itswhitneyduh
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

In March 2012 I was given the task to organise a cricket tour to Jamaica in supporting the Courtney Walsh Foundation. I had a group of 26, 3 couples, 14 cricketers and 6 supporters. The tour was on a budget, but the expectations were high. Having spent the first week in Kingston playing cricket and coaching in the community, the last 3 days were planned to be spent on the beach and exploring Negril Putting all these factors in to consideration I was introduced to Hazel Entwistle, manager at Our Past Time. The moment I spoke to her, I knew everthing will be fine. Boy were we treated nicely, a small hotel that catered for all. Hazel organised a fishing trip, a catamaran taxi trips to Rick's Cafe and the shopping centre. The hotel was perfect, the prices unbeatable and hospitality was special. We all are Wanstead & Snaresbrook Cricket Club (London) would like to thank all staff for making our trip a memorable one and look forward in coming again. Arfan Akram

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Arfan A
Fairhaven, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

My husband and I stopped in for lunch at the Great small Restaurant at Our Past Time. We had a great lunch and a very reasonable price. The location is the best....quiet end of Seven Mile Beach. Service was outstanding as well as the food!!!!!

Room Tip: We did not stay at this hotel but looked great!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jan P
Negril Jamaica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

If you want to come to the beach for a few days Our Past time is a clean, safe, and a quite place. From the Owner Nord Rerrie to the Management and staff I have felt most welcome and very well taken care of. A female traveling alone, I look for security first, and Our Past time gave me this comfort The rooms are very nice and clean, and the service was fantastic. I would like to thank all of you for this most relaxing week at Our Past Time. It is a week I will not soon forget. I recommend Our Past Time to anyone first timers to Negril or Old Timers. A Great Negril Beach Hideaway.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank blingkat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
Mariposa Hideaway
Altamont Court Hotel Kingston
Seastar Inn
Seastar Inn
#1 of 42 in Negril

Been to Our Past Time Villas? Share your experiences!