“mi soon come back”

ober-moerlen
“mi soon come back”
Reviewed 16 March 2009

Hello Gregg,
oh I hate to leave but time is running short so I thought to give you a little feedback & update before I'm off.
I declare Miss Campbell is taking real good care of this place so don't you worry, Mr.President!
In #5 I got fresh towels & sheets whenever needed, the shower has been fixed. Steven immediately took care of them partly ripped off miquito screens on my bedroom windows so them bugs wont bug me or anyone moving in after me: man, it was raining pretty hard at noon time yet that guy was standing out there tacking them screens properly!
Sanchez & the Indian are doing a perfect job to feed & serve the guests for their best the cocktail & fruit drinks are still as delicious as ever
Glen & Steven are always busy keeping the yard in a good shape & the people safe at night. Pauline did my washing + ironing perfectly & Blossom.... well she showed up from time to time
so you see:
I left lots of money at the bar & restaurant so it's even in a bit better shape than before and NO COMPLAINTS from me, Sir!
I had a good time back here in Jamaica & Summerset Village
and if the Lord don't mind it one thing is for sure mi soon come back: next year same time so please keep #5 in shape for me till I'm back!
Thanks & take care
sincerely
Michael

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Indianapolis
Reviewed 28 January 2009

The grounds are beautiful, the staffr friendly, the location is authentic Nrgril. This is not the place for those who want an isolated touristed experience. This is for people who really want to enjoy the culture and company of Jamaicans. I loved it!

• Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank PeaceLoverTurtleGirl
Indiana
Reviewed 25 January 2009

If you're looking for a posh resort where your every whim is met with staff falling all over themselves to help you, this is not the place for you. If you want someplace quaint, quiet, homey, comfortable, clean and accommodating, consider Sommerset Village. If you want to visit Jamaica, you can do so in a posh resort. If you want to experience Jamaica, come to Sommerset Village. My family and I will stay NO WHERE ELSE!

• Liked — quiet and opportunity to interact with Jamaican community
  • Disliked — nothing...liked it all.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank Dantedog
LONDON
Reviewed 18 July 2008

I first stayed at this hotel in 2006, i visualized staying there years previously whilst staying at Devine Destiny, ( word to the wise never stay here!!) I stayed in the octangan hut that did not have a full kitchen it has a fridge and a sink, the problem with the hut was the stairs it was as if i was on a Japanese game show the stairs are so steep, i thought i would fall down, however during my two week stay i did not , the toilet bowl leaked very time it was used. I also stayed at Summerset Village in 2007, and stayed near the pool area, the room was large and clean, the orignal room i was given was located at the far side of the property and all the TV's and A/C on this side did not work.
The staff were nice, execpt for the night watchman who was very rude.

• Liked — The view from the Octanagan Hut - and breeze
  • Disliked — Cockroaches
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with friends
GKeesling, Owner at Summerset Village, responded to this review, 21 March 2009
We are working to improve all aspects of the resort. Please come back and visit us again
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed 12 March 2008

I am from Indianapolis, IN and I vacationed in Jamaica Jan 18-25, 2008. I stayed at Summerset Village because it came highly recommended from several friends who have traveled to Jamaica and stayed there. The staff went above & beyond their job duties!! Great, friendly and very accommodating. I was traveling by myself & I felt at home and very safe here !! The food was delicious and well prepared. When I made a request for extra towels, etc I did not have to wait. My room was clean when I arrived and cleaned every day.
This was my 1st time in Jamaica and I have no doubts that when I return next year I will be staying at Summerset Village.

• Liked — Hospitality & Saftey
  • Disliked — one day I did not have hot water...but that happens a lot in Jamaica
  • Stayed January 2008
Birmingham
Reviewed 4 February 2008

Staying at Summerset was brillant, could not ask for a better location. Coming here was all about seeing Jamaica and not being stuck behind metal gates or indoors. It was the perfect place to stay as it was close to main attractions such as Ricks Cafe and the beach. The rooms were very nice and comfortable and cleaned to high standards, food excellent, staff really friendly and helpful and security very tight (Glen). Definately coming back again to stay in the exact same place, could'nt ask for anything more.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana/Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 28 January 2008

I recently spent three weeks at Summerset Village while I was completing an independent study for school and volunteering at Negril Coral Reef Preservation Society. I've done a fair amount of traveling but have never felt so welcomed at any resort. The staff is friendly and always willing to help. The location of the resort is great. It is far enough away from "tourist" Negril that I got to meet and interact with real Jamaicans, but also close enough where I could walk or take an inexpensive taxi anywhere in town. The rooms are simple and clean, although I didn't spend much time in mine as I was out "experiencing Jamaica" with most of my free time. There are also lots of great, resonably priced restaurants around. All in all, i can't wait to return to Negril, and I can't imagine staying anywhere other than Summerset Village!

Stayed January 2008