“Pure Gardens”

Ranked #39 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Savannah, Georgia
“Pure Gardens”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Pure Gardens was a great deal from Priceline.com. I stayed from 2/5 to 2/11. I managed to snag a double bed room with AC, and cable. The hotel grounds are sooo lovely. It is very quiet and peaceful. My only complaint would be the low water pressure. Sometimes I would have to wait until 9am to shower, but no worries. Overall, I would suggest it to everyone!

Room Tip: The curtains are see-thru, so be aware when you engage in any naughty behavior(s).
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank afrocaribbean_kaycee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I had a wonderful time at PureGarden. The staff is very accomodating and pleasant. I have been here a number of times and the improvements are beautiful. When I asked about pool loungers (it seemed previous owners might have removed them), Vincent got 4 of them the next day, plus new tables and chairs. My room was redecorated and was lovely. I am surprised about the negative comments. I had no one who was loud or blaring music. Not sure I would agree with a taxi driver about this place. Sometimes we forget we are in a different country and water can be a problem. You want perfection, go to an all-inclusive, although I'm sure they too have issues on occasion. As far as price of places on the beach; I question whether they can match or be less than here. I don't like the beach side because of the noise so that's why I stay here. One love.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Ann M
Madison
Reviewed 14 January 2013

My wife and I stayed from Dec. 27th 2012 to Jan. 10 2013. Had a great time. I get the feeling that the place was allowed to run down a bit before new owners took over. Vincent and his staff are doing what they can to make improvements. The city of Negril is cutting water at night to the entire beach. While we were there the hotel installed an additional water tank and pump. After that we had water pressure all night. (I still kept a couple of large water bottles beside the toilet but never had to use them.) We've stayed at 4 other hotels in Negril that are comparatively priced and we'll be going back to Pure Garden Resort. Vincent also took care of the WiFi issue, Thanks! As with all of our trips to Jamaica: Show Respect to get Respect! (Even if you must occasionally remind someone who's trying to take advantage of you of the Golden Rule.)

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Billy P
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2013

It's not the location per say, but the way it is being run that is the problem. Like many people have observed, this place seems to let out rooms to locals. They are extremely loud (and I mean their talking and yelling - this is aside from the blasting music), and there are sketchy looking people (with and without shoes) entering and exiting the rooms all night. Some of the guys are clearly the dealers I try to dodge on the streets.

The facilities are terrible. Out of eight days, there was no water in the bathroom for 4. Two other days it was a trickle. Only two days did the water flow enough to feel comfortable. Don't ask how we managed! Not that we watched too much TV, but the transmission was out most of the time. The much talked about swimming pool was a dirty green color! The sea water looked a million times cleaner!( of course it has salt content, but I'm saying color-wise)

I stayed here, only and only because of a Priceline package. There are several places, costing more or less the same on the beach. These have tiny, pretty pools and have the restuarant/bar staff look after your belongings if you wish to swim in the sea. Also, having a restaurant on site will definitely be a plus, which pure garden lacks.

Lastly, Keri Ann at the front desk - very rude! Most of the other employees were very nice and courteous though.

Room Tip: For what it's worth, get one on the higher level and a room farthest from the stairs, keeping yo...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MaluAanu
North Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 22 December 2012

The past reviews do not live up to even descent standards. Rooms were moderately clean. Beds were uncomfortable. No room phones so anything additional needed you have to walk to the office. No washcloths were available. Water pressure was terribly low, sometimes no water at all. Wall tiles were popping off in the shower Customer service from the front desk was poor. WiFi connection wasn't consistent. According to one of the taxi drivers the also rent out rooms for locals to live, which explains the constant loud playing of cartoons on the tv from the room next to us. Only good thing about this resort is the location which is across the street from the beach, food, taxis, and duty free mall. Will never stay here again or recommend to anyone. Priceline should definitely remove this hotel from there list of places to stay in Negril.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Sassybelize
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Since I was there last Jan., I have learned it isn't the Bungalo anymore. There have been several owner changes. I finally contacted the place to reserve next Jan. I was told it is now Pure Resort. I will still use Bungalo as most drivers know the place. I still love it there.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Ann M
Winnipeg
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I've been coming back to this hotel for a number of years and this year it is under new management. I was concerned not knowing the new people running the hotel but I can report that Ms Onie and her staff are wonderful people who ensured my every need was met. This hotel is kept very clean and the trees and lush garden are second to none. They work very hard here to ensure your stay in Jamaica is hassle free - well done!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple