All reviewsbourbon beachbank machinebeautiful poolhot waterconvenience storesecurity guyscleaned dailyfull kitchenfront officejerk chickenvincentjamaicakingstonaccommodationsstovehousekeeper
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Pure Gardens was a great deal from Priceline.com. I stayed from 2/5 to 2/11. I managed to snag a double bed room with AC, and cable. The hotel grounds are sooo lovely. It is very quiet and peaceful. My only complaint would be the low water pressure. Sometimes I would have to wait until 9am to shower, but no worries. Overall, I would suggest it to everyone!

Room Tip: The curtains are see-thru, so be aware when you engage in any naughty behavior(s).
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank afrocaribbean_kaycee
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I had a wonderful time at PureGarden. The staff is very accomodating and pleasant. I have been here a number of times and the improvements are beautiful. When I asked about pool loungers (it seemed previous owners might have removed them), Vincent got 4 of them the next day, plus new tables and chairs. My room was redecorated and was lovely. I am surprised about the negative comments. I had no one who was loud or blaring music. Not sure I would agree with a taxi driver about this place. Sometimes we forget we are in a different country and water can be a problem. You want perfection, go to an all-inclusive, although I'm sure they too have issues on occasion. As far as price of places on the beach; I question whether they can match or be less than here. I don't like the beach side because of the noise so that's why I stay here. One love.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Ann M
Reviewed 14 January 2013

My wife and I stayed from Dec. 27th 2012 to Jan. 10 2013. Had a great time. I get the feeling that the place was allowed to run down a bit before new owners took over. Vincent and his staff are doing what they can to make improvements. The city of Negril is cutting water at night to the entire beach. While we were there the hotel installed an additional water tank and pump. After that we had water pressure all night. (I still kept a couple of large water bottles beside the toilet but never had to use them.) We've stayed at 4 other hotels in Negril that are comparatively priced and we'll be going back to Pure Garden Resort. Vincent also took care of the WiFi issue, Thanks! As with all of our trips to Jamaica: Show Respect to get Respect! (Even if you must occasionally remind someone who's trying to take advantage of you of the Golden Rule.)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Billy P
Reviewed 3 January 2013

It's not the location per say, but the way it is being run that is the problem. Like many people have observed, this place seems to let out rooms to locals. They are extremely loud (and I mean their talking and yelling - this is aside from the blasting music), and there are sketchy looking people (with and without shoes) entering and exiting the rooms all night. Some of the guys are clearly the dealers I try to dodge on the streets.

The facilities are terrible. Out of eight days, there was no water in the bathroom for 4. Two other days it was a trickle. Only two days did the water flow enough to feel comfortable. Don't ask how we managed! Not that we watched too much TV, but the transmission was out most of the time. The much talked about swimming pool was a dirty green color! The sea water looked a million times cleaner!( of course it has salt content, but I'm saying color-wise)

I stayed here, only and only because of a Priceline package. There are several places, costing more or less the same on the beach. These have tiny, pretty pools and have the restuarant/bar staff look after your belongings if you wish to swim in the sea. Also, having a restaurant on site will definitely be a plus, which pure garden lacks.

Lastly, Keri Ann at the front desk - very rude! Most of the other employees were very nice and courteous though.

Room Tip: For what it's worth, get one on the higher level and a room farthest from the stairs, keeping you away - in terms of chaos and safety, from the very active mid-night traffic. According to me, in the rooms without the kitchenette, 19 B (across the pool) is a good option, followed by 19 A , and 18 B.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MaluAanu
Reviewed 22 December 2012

The past reviews do not live up to even descent standards. Rooms were moderately clean. Beds were uncomfortable. No room phones so anything additional needed you have to walk to the office. No washcloths were available. Water pressure was terribly low, sometimes no water at all. Wall tiles were popping off in the shower Customer service from the front desk was poor. WiFi connection wasn't consistent. According to one of the taxi drivers the also rent out rooms for locals to live, which explains the constant loud playing of cartoons on the tv from the room next to us. Only good thing about this resort is the location which is across the street from the beach, food, taxis, and duty free mall. Will never stay here again or recommend to anyone. Priceline should definitely remove this hotel from there list of places to stay in Negril.

• Stayed: December 2012