All reviews bourbon beach bank machine beautiful pool hot water convenience store security guys cleaned daily full kitchen front office jerk chicken vincent jamaica kingston stove
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Pure garden is a disappointment. My friend and I called it " last resort" the room is extremely dirty that I wear my slippers even while in the shower! I found two cockroaches lurking on our dressers. Cabwebs on the ceilings, toilet with a brown bowl it soo disgusting and it oesnt flush. The bedsheets seems like it wasn't change when we checked in, sheets are hard and starchy and pillows is so bulky I can't even use it!

I'm a world traveler from a bag packing trip to luxury vacation; I know the difference between "you get what you pay", great value and plain ridiculous place I feel like I'm about to catch something!

Oh their so called restaurant you will wait for the eggs to be cook for an hour and they charge us 11 dollars for two eggs and with fried dumplings (fried dumpling was free, it came with every meal. So two eggs fro $10 USD is cazy.

Locals knock in your door to sell drugs, please tell me how safe is that?!. My cash was stolen in my room.. Come on, save your money and book somewhere else! Pure Garden website's picture doesn't look even close to the real life... also the " rent a dreads", pimp and drug dealer hangs out in this twilight zone!

Thank god we met some nice locals that made our trip! The roaring river cave was worth checking out and the cave water even terrifying was so beautiful to see. We went YS falls and enjoyed the fresh water and the lil fishes;). Ricks cafe was a blast, the beautiful scenery and the performers under the sunset made me happy. I also spent a day in rock house spa although the cost was more than the booking of our hotel for a week, I felt amazing if you have time check out the spa and end your evening under the sunset at rock house restaurant next to the sea and the rock cave it's spectacular! ;)

Definitely check out the market for some sculpture we bought a life size female statue for an amazing price ! You need your bargaining skills when your going to this place. Don't look the seller in the eyes as you stroll the market or else they will expect you to come in to every store they own. Buy certified blue mountain coffee for you or as a gift amazing taste and the price is triple in the USA. Hi-lo market sell this coffee.

If your into ganja check out Jenny's they have the best brownies :)

Route taxi should only cost you 1$ they will try to get more but say from negril to downtown it should cost a dollar! I also paid $20usd per person from airport to pure garden be careful to the can driver that will charge you a hundred from the airport in montego bay to negril.

Last but not the least exchange your money to Jamaican dollar so you will get the full value! Cambio has the highes exchange rate a better value for your dollar.

Room Tip: I will not recommend this place from cockroaches, to cobwebs, dirty brown toilet bowl that doesn't flush, to locals knocking in your rooms selling drugs and rent a dreads. Not safe. Needs major renovation!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Lobelle19
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I had a wonderful time at Pure Garden. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The grounds were beautiful with a wide variety of trees and flowers that made it very peaceful and serene. I had a room with a kitchenette and anything that I needed to prepare my meals that wasn't there the restaurant was able to let me borrow for the week. We did have a water issue after a certain time at night and the pressure didn't come back until about 9am but I was on vacation and didn't get out of bed much before that anyway so there were no worries. That was my first time in Jamaica and when I go back it will be to Pure Garden.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SheenaLouise
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Pure Gardens was a great deal from Priceline.com. I stayed from 2/5 to 2/11. I managed to snag a double bed room with AC, and cable. The hotel grounds are sooo lovely. It is very quiet and peaceful. My only complaint would be the low water pressure. Sometimes I would have to wait until 9am to shower, but no worries. Overall, I would suggest it to everyone!

Room Tip: The curtains are see-thru, so be aware when you engage in any naughty behavior(s).
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank afrocaribbean_kaycee
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I had a wonderful time at PureGarden. The staff is very accomodating and pleasant. I have been here a number of times and the improvements are beautiful. When I asked about pool loungers (it seemed previous owners might have removed them), Vincent got 4 of them the next day, plus new tables and chairs. My room was redecorated and was lovely. I am surprised about the negative comments. I had no one who was loud or blaring music. Not sure I would agree with a taxi driver about this place. Sometimes we forget we are in a different country and water can be a problem. You want perfection, go to an all-inclusive, although I'm sure they too have issues on occasion. As far as price of places on the beach; I question whether they can match or be less than here. I don't like the beach side because of the noise so that's why I stay here. One love.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Ann M
Reviewed 14 January 2013

My wife and I stayed from Dec. 27th 2012 to Jan. 10 2013. Had a great time. I get the feeling that the place was allowed to run down a bit before new owners took over. Vincent and his staff are doing what they can to make improvements. The city of Negril is cutting water at night to the entire beach. While we were there the hotel installed an additional water tank and pump. After that we had water pressure all night. (I still kept a couple of large water bottles beside the toilet but never had to use them.) We've stayed at 4 other hotels in Negril that are comparatively priced and we'll be going back to Pure Garden Resort. Vincent also took care of the WiFi issue, Thanks! As with all of our trips to Jamaica: Show Respect to get Respect! (Even if you must occasionally remind someone who's trying to take advantage of you of the Golden Rule.)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends