All reviews bourbon beach bank machine hot water beautiful pool convenience store security guys cleaned daily jerk chicken vincent jamaica kingston stove
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I travel to jamaica every year and i am not picky as i spend most of the time out and not in the room but i had to move out of this accommodation after 1 night.

My friend and i had booked the airport transfer and the taxi deiver picked us up from Montego Bay everything went wonderful. On arrival we made our payment abd the lady from the reception showed us our room.

There were no light on the patio you couldn't see anything.
The room was quite big however we had no plugs to charge our phones or use the hair dryer we had to plug out the fridge in order to use our equipment. The dishes from previous guests were still on the sink the 2 pots we had were ridiculous they were old and had no handles nobody in this world would cook in them.
The bathroom was pretty clean but there was nothing to put your utensils. We had no hangers for our clothes but we could have but them in a few drawers that were available. The air condition were pretty old and therefore quite noisy.
The door was faulty as well once you close it somebody from outside had to push it in in order for you to get out or you would have to go thru the back door. The pool was the dirtiest pool i have ever seen in my life.
And we also had lots of crawling insects in our room.

After the first night we decided to move out. To my surprise the lady said we should have said something and she could have moved us into another room.

My question was why did you pit us in such a room in the first place?

I would never recommend anybody to stay there negril has lots of budget accommodations even in better locations it is definitely not worth the money.
We were very disappointed from what we saw on the internet

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Stephanie S
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I came to JA for the first time the end of March into the end of the first week in April. I booked several all inclusive because it was my first stay and I was going to be on the island some days alone. I gathered information from various friends who had come to Negril many times and thought just a simple room would work better for me since I love to explore.

I went back and forth many times and decided my friend was correct. I love to explore, meet new people and mix and mingle with the locals when I travel. After I cancelled every A/I resort I had booked that was actually not in Negril I decided on Pure Gardens since a friend of mine said she new a friend who had stayed here and liked it.

I really didn't know what to expect since again I had never been to Jamaica. I read some reviews and some good some not so good. I thought hey I'm coming to enjoy the island, food, the beach, entertainment, the people, the water falls etc. I am NOT coming to a beautiful island to stay hidden in a resort or room.

I arrived on March 30th. 2013 and was greeted with a bright smile from Carry Ann not sure this is how she spells her name. She took me to my room and I thought well not super fancy but doable for a place to lay my head whenever I am done running all over the island and to bathe.

There was some sort of power outage that night in Negril and Pure Garden had no generator but I was out and about with a friend so we drove to a bar that had lights, a/c and cold drinks.

The lights came back on late that night/early morning which was fine for me because I was just arriving back and ready to crash after exploring. I was able to take a hot shower and sleep. The room I was in had two beds as most did I think but I found after some sleep my back began to hurt because one bed has something like a foam mattress on it and the other a spring mattress. The foam thing was too thin and I felt the wood from the platform of the bed. I also noticed in better light the room I was in had a darkness to the bathroom. So after I showered and changed I asked for another room with a brighter and better bathroom and bed. Carry Ann again was very pleasant and took me to several rooms for me to view them. I finally made my choice and moved the foam thing off one bed and put it on top of the spring mattress for more support and that worked out great. The bathroom had nice tile but a dingy sink and toilet. I really didn't care since I bring seat covers, shower shoes, my own towels and sheets when I travel no matter how nice the resort or room appears. I am just NOT interested in washing my girly parts with towels multiple people have used or sleeping on linen countless people have done their thing on be it sleep or otherwise.

Could Pure Garden invest in their property of course a back up generator would have been useful. Nice paint and inexpensive artwork on the walls and other accessories could spruce up the room a bit. Better mattresses would really be a wise investment however just to lay your head down a few hours and a hot shower then out all day I felt this was a decent little spot. The doors and knobs could be upgraded because they didn't seem to lock well but I put the chain on for a little extra security.

Pure Garden has some very beautiful landscaping and I saw the gardener everyday pulling weeds and taking care of the plants and lovely trees.

The restaruant I won't even waste time talking about because from what I saw I wouldn't allow an animal to eat there but with all the options in Negril I didn't mind skipping meals at PG.

I smelled the scent of weed often but that didn't seem to be limited to Pure Garden because I was out and about all over Negril, Ochi, Mo Bay, Runaway Bay and everything in between and that seemed to be the fragrance of the land...LOL

I know this is very long but I tried to give a very accurate and detailed review so it may help others. If you want a kind staff, clean room but NOT fancy, very cold A/C which I was happy to have even though I wasn't there at the hotter time of year I love A/C when sleeping. My needs were met even with getting my shuttle back to the airport since I had no clue what I had done with my return voucher.

For my 8 nights in JA I had NO issues with things missing in my room and I left out my jewlery everyday, all of my clothing was on my sheet and laid on the empty bed. They had a man on the post every time I left and came on the property lifting the iron gate so I felt security was visiable. You have to be cautious no matter where you are or go even at home state side.

If you want to have decent little spot to stay that doesn't cost much this is your spot. If you want high end this is not for you. I will return to JA and if I get another great deal on airfare and this is the hotel included I would stay again as well as return and try other hotels that are more on the high end or have more updated rooms. For a not sure where to go or stay I don't think this was so bad of an option for the small amount of hours I spent in the room. It was again a place to rest my head and bathe after returning from a very full day/night out on the island.

Hope this helps!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank DiniJ16
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Over the past year, I’ve stayed at the Pure Garden twice. I really like the place. Run by friendly, hospitable people, its two storey buildings are set in a pretty garden, bamboo and palm trees growing up to the shady second floor verandahs. I’ve been happy with three different rooms, including one with a spacious kitchen. A quiet patio-pool area at the far end of the hotel features a laidback restaurant that opened during the winter and serves up tasty Jamaican cooking. Yes, there can be water shortage problems, but they have nothing to do with the hotel, which has installed a pump system to keep water going in the rooms.

Leave the Pure Garden, cross Norman Manley Boulevard, and you’re on Negril’s 7-Mile Beach, specifically Bourbon Beach, beloved for its jerk chicken and frequent late night reggae shows highlighting legends like Toots and the Maytals and Yellowman. Within walking distance of Pure Garden are iconic Negril spots like Roots Bamboo and Alfred’s Ocean Palace. A five-minute cab ride away, the two-tiered dance club Jungle throbs to dancehall riddims, and a whole lot of wining going on. The town of Negril and plenty of bars and restaurants are also close by. If you feel like checking out Ocho Rios or Kingston, you can grab the Knutsford Express bus right across the road.

For very reasonable rates, The Pure Garden offers a convenient location, and simple but comfortable and well-kept accommodations. When you return to it from wherever you’ve been for the day or evening, you feel a fine and mellow vibe.

- Maurie A.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Maurie A
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I was very first time in Negril. This hotel is perfect for young people looking for fun in Jamaica and for families as well. Stuff and managment are very convivially . Rooms are clean and nice looking. Restaurant is serving best "ackee and saltfish" Jamaican breakfast for cheap price.Resort is at hand to everything in Negril.
Best recomendation for this resort - one of the best times in my life.

Room Tip: all rooms are OK
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 March 2013

The accommodations were great for the price. Mark the cook is like a personal chef that makes it a point to cook whatever you like. The sheets were changed regularly. The location was across the street from the 7-mile beach. Great value overall.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family