All reviewsbourbon beachbank machinebeautiful poolhot waterconvenience storesecurity guyscleaned dailyfull kitchenfront officejerk chickenvincentjamaicakingstonaccommodationsstovehousekeeper
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

This place is not bad at all. Pretty inexpensive rooms, if you need a place to stay for 2-3 days, this is a good choice. The grounds are clean and the room I got was just the same. Prepare to eat out though.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
empressdivine79, Owner at Pure Garden Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Good Day Ceceil,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review, much appreciated !!!

Reviewed 25 August 2017

My family and I were on holiday in Jamaica, and being such a large island we decided that a four drive to Negril from Kingston and back would be too much, and decided upon an overnigth stay. We didn't want anything lavish, just clean, decent enough looking on the eye so we could rest our heads for the night.
We took to booking.com and had a browse of suitable places to stay within our price range and discovered Pure Garden Resort for a mere £100 for two rooms, and the pictures looked great for such a low price - so we booked! (well that was a mistake!).
Upon arrival at recepiton we were greeted by a miserable and disorganised receptionist, whom couldn't find the booking and had zero people skills, not to mention the reception area was dark and gloomy. Unable to find the booking and validate the price we had paid online, she called her Manager, who was far more pleasant and completed the check-in process for us.
We were shown to our rooms, and very much like the reception the room was dark and gloomy, with tatty curtains. One of the rooms had quite possibly the worst kitchen I have ever seen in a hotel, and I can only be grateful that we never had intentions to use the kitchen facilities.
At night there were very undesirable people on site, these may well have been guests but they were smoking, playing very loud music and in all honesty I was nervous about having to leave the room to get something to eat with such people hanging around on their bikes outside.
They certainly shouldn't call themselves a resort or hotel, it's extremely misleading it's more along the lines of a motel or bed & breakfast.
The room was not dirty, but very dingy - at least it had good AC though.
Overall I did not enjoy my stay here and would never recommend a visit here, even if it is cheap.
It's close to Magaritaville which is good!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sacha V

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the gardenia resort (now Pure Oasis) and it was the worst place in negril. Rooms were not even a 1 star rate. Beds were very old, bathroom faucets worked on occasion,air conditioner in one of the rooms was placed in an area that it cooled the dresser only, there is no phone so whenever we needed to contact the front desk someone had to walk to find a staff member and after 6pm you are on your own. The bathroom windows did not open and there is no extractor fan (No need to elaborate). The pool is a literal hazard zone 0-6m at the entry steps. The pool chairs are a breeding ground for mosquitos. I Will definitely not be reccomending this dump to anyone.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

This review is for the wrong company. We will however make contact with management about the mentioned issues

Thanks again

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Well I stayed last night for 1 night. I was passing through going back to Kingston. Upon arrival when I was going to check in they couldn't find my reservation. There was no AC in the check-in area so I was hot! It took about 30 minutes for me to get checked in. Once she finally go to me checked up she took me to my room... which when we reached the key didn't work, so I had to stand outside another 5 minutes until she got a key. Room 16 wasnt all that but it was clean. They were no face towels or soap in the room. That was ok because I always carry mine when I travel. The water preasurre was terrible but I did have hot water. The ac worked good but there wasn't any blankets on the bed so couldn't turn it to a nice cool temperature.

i really didn't get to interact with the great staff everyone talks about. The girl that checked me in wasn't very friendly but I excused that because it was very hot where she was working... I would have had a bad attitude too lol.

However, because the room was clean and I felt safe I will give it 3 stars.

I'm in Negril often so maybe I'll give it another chance because it is in a good central location. There was cold I AC, hot water, and I felt safe in my room.

Also, booking.com says you get a welcome drink but no one knew what I was talking about. So I think that should be removed from website if it's not offered.

As far as wifi goes.. we weren't given a code. We had to take our phones to front desk and they entered which was an incovience because we kept getting kicked off for some reason.

Room Tip: Close to beach and shops.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We believe the more reviews we get it will help us grow as a company in the future. We will look into all the mentioned issues and resolve all of them in a timely matter. The receptionist was new at the time but not an excuse for poor service Thank you once again for your review we hope your next stay will be a memorable one in a positive way

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Booked one night for myself and my family as we had a long drive from Ocho Rios.

Reception was quiet and the lady was covering for someone so wasn't sure about a few questions I had but was friendly and it was overall a straightforward process.

The rooms (number 7) had two comfy double beds, a tv and most importantly air conditioning which was a gods send!

The room is very basic but clean and was just right for what we needed. There is no safe or fridge in the room. I think you can pay extra for a room with a kitchenette. The shower had hot water but could probably of done with cleaning off the limescale to help the water flow!

The pool was perfect for my 8 year old. Beware that the deep end is very deep!! The pool bar was sparse but the man explained it was low season for them so they weren't fully stocked. He knocked up a couple of rum punches which was great. Apparently they do pizzas but we didn't see any sign of this.

The pool area was abit mucky but a lady came and swept up and had a chat. Everyone was friendly and welcoming which made a change from other places we have come across on our holiday!

The grounds are green and nice to walk around.

The location is right opposite the beach.

Overall we had a good stay. If we had been staying more than 1 or 2 nights I may have been disappointed by the lack of luxury but for what we needed it was great.

We would stay again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this lovely review.. hope to see soon