My wife and I just got back from another wonderful week in Jamaica and its time for me to write up my review. We decided to celebrate our wedding anniversary and take a pre-winter holiday and we wanted to return to Negril. Although we looked into some other resorts, we both really wanted to return to The SPA Retreat as we had such a great vacation when we visited there in February. We were also anxious to see how it was coming along. In the end, it was an easy decision returning to the SPA Retreat and am I ever happy we did!!
I have to report that this resort has moved along quite a bit since our last visit. The rooms continue to surpass expectations, the staff is exceptional, service is still over the top, the plants, vegetation and trees have really starter to grow in, the salt water pool (the only one in Jamaica) is refreshing, the spa is well under construction however the big milestone that has been reached is the restaurant, the Blue Mahoe (Jamaica’s national tree).
I am happy to report, to anyone reading, that the restaurant at the SPA Retreat is open and ready for business. Blue Mahoe, just like the rest of the resort, is completely over the top with regard to quality, craftsmanship and beauty. This restaurant has everything to offer, a beautiful view out to the ocean from inside, seaside tables for outdoor dining, a great bar area and a raised floor in the center of the restaurant with lounge seating flanked by another bar both crafted with indigenous blue mahoe. Behind this bar is an open air concept cooking area where you can watch your meals being cooked and the meals are delicious. The menu is well balanced with some tasty apps (the coconut shrimp was our favourite) and a great selection of delicious mains from chicken, fish, beef, shrimp and lobster options. Kevin, the head chef, Judith and the other staff members really do an excellent job on the presentation and the taste and flavours are wonderful. We tried them all and enjoyed everything thoroughly. I highly recommend the Tropical Chicken!
Something else that I must pass along, that was a surprise to us when we arrived, is the Guest Return Program that the SPA Retreat has established for return clients. For repeat clients of the SPA Retreat, they will provide some special extras that included spa credits, plush house coats, a bottle of champagne and …..to me, this program exemplifies what the SPA Retreat is about…a nice touch to an already amazing experience!
I really am amazed by this resort. To have seen pictures of what it was before and to know what kind of transformation it has gone through is truly remarkable. To top it all off, the location is great, the staff are friendly and helpful, the spa treatments are first class, the rooms are immaculate and completed with hand crafted wood furnishings, the mattresses and pillows are heavenly, the sunsets are fabulous, the pool is refreshing, the restaurant is built and the food is delicious. What else can you ask for? The spa is set to be opened by mid December and my wife and I have already started to plan for our next trip to Jamaica. If we are lucky, it will be this winter & this time as well, there won’t be any question, we will definitely be heading back to the SPA Retreat in Negril for a third time. Thank you for another wonderful vacation and many more memories. One Love to all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true luxury escape located on the West End Cliffs of Negril, Jamaica and located on nearly 2 acres of oceanfront; this unique property extends from white sandy beach into exotic grey cliffs overlooking the vibrant turquoise hues of the Caribbean Sea. 18 Handcrafted stone cottages with spectacular tropical gardens and cliff side dining at the Blue Mahoe Restaurant will enhance your SPA escape. The SPA Retreat features an open-air day spa offering classic aesthetic treatments with a Jamaican flair. The adults only, SPA Retreat features a sea water pool, sandy beach deck, A/C, free Wi-Fi, in-room safe, yoga and specialty tours to enhance your experience. The devotion to quality and service familiar to The SPA’s Canadian locations continues to surpass guest expectations from the moment your flight touches down. We look forward to having you as our guest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Spa Retreat Hotel Negril
- Heart Beat Seaside Retreat Negril