All reviewsblue mahoeseaside cottagethe salt water poolneck massagebridal suitejerk fish tacosseaside barthe cliffoxtailwest endall inclusive optionbeautiful propertyall inclusive planwelcome drinkthe entire propertysnapperfront office
Reviewed 2 June 2013

My buddie and I planned a week of relaxation and golf ( not necessarily in that order)) and frankly we couldn't have found a better place for that in Jamaica then the Spa Retreat in Negril. A beautifully set up small, peaceful resort with the best service imaginable. Rustic, tastefully decorated and very comfortable rooms, wonderfully tasty and yet healthy food, spectacular sunsets (and the cocktails that go with it) to die for and above all, the peace and quiet.I have, in all my Caribbean travels, never encountered a better, personalized service then at the Spa retreat. Every single employee always there to help you and that with a smile on their face. Makes your vacation so much more enjoyable. I had one of the best massages ever from "magician masseuse" Michelle. I heard the reflexologist Peter can also do wonders. A day for us would go as follows; Get up around 7am..a swim in the sea ( often lovely dog Rosa would dive in with me), breakfast. 10 minutes taxi drive to the Negril Hills golf club. Tee off at around 8h30 ( play early as it gets nice and hot !) back in time for a late lunch, little nap, read and chill and ready for another beautiful sunset followed by a meal that would make some chefs here in Montréal jealous. For you golfers out there, The Negril Hills Golf club is a a great golf course in the rolling hills surrounding Negril. Every hole is quite a different challenge and although there are a few golf courses an hour drive or so away we didn't mind playing the same course 6 days in a row. Loved every second of it and I will definitely be back. Be it for a long weekend or longer. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
jamiekeeley, Public Relations Manager at The Spa Retreat Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Thank you so much for your review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed the combination of golf & relaxation during your recent trip to Jamaica. We are truly humbled that you feel you have "never encountered a better, personalized service then at the Spa retreat", thank you for that wonderful compliment! We look forward to your return one day soon, one love!

Reviewed 27 May 2013

I have never been to a resort that provides such personalized service -- I truly felt like I was at a private retreat. LIke others have mentioned, when you arrive you are greeted with a refreshing fruit drink, a cool cloth, and an awesome shoulder/neck massage. It was exactly what I needed after my flight and lengthy van ride. I could feel the stress from work melting away. During our three-night stay, my husband and I had dinner ever night right next to the ocean. At times, we were the only ones eating there, and we felt like we felt like we were having a private ocean-front dinner. All of the staff was so friendly and provided exemplary service -- Dwayne makes awesome cocktails, and Tyrone makes dinner service seem effortless. The owners are really friendly too, as is Rosa, the resident diving dog. We had a relaxing couples massage and a facial treatment-- which I highly recommend. We stayed in one of the Rooftop cottages. The room was large, with a nice bathroom and beautiful balcony with sunset views. The only negative of the room was a little bit of street noise coming from behind the building, but that didn't bother us. We picked the Rooftop cottage instead of one of the oceanfront cottages because we wanted more privacy, and it certainly was private. Jumping off the cliff into the ocean is a must -- as is snorkling. The salt water pool is also really nice and provides a more relaxing way to experience the ocean. I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
jamiekeeley, Public Relations Manager at The Spa Retreat Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you enjoyed the personal service and attention to detail that The SPA Retreat team extends to guests. We welcome you as a new member of The SPA Family and will anxiously await your return! One love.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

When I arrived at the spa, I was in dire need of a vacation. I got much more than that. I was greeted with cold drinks, a cool cloth and a shoulder massage. Good start and it only got better!
The friendly staff pampered me and attended to my every need. I enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere of an adults only resort. The views, daily ocean swim and delicious food all made for a relaxing and transformative experience. Best holiday ever!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
jamiekeeley, Public Relations Manager at The Spa Retreat Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you for your review, it was a pleasure to have you as our guest! We are thrilled to learn that we were able to provide you the rest and rejuvenation you desired and honored that you regard your recent stay to be the "best holiday ever"! Until next time, one love.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

my husband and I visited the Spa on our wedding anniversary. We did not stay at the Spa but since we knew the foot doctor, Peter, and heard several reviews about the place, my husband decided to surprise me with my first relaxation massage. I must say it was indeed heavenly, so relaxing and Michelle is a real gem, very pleasant and warm. Hopefully, on our next vacation trip to the island, we can make the Spa the place to stay.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. How lucky are we to have been able to provide you with your first ever massage experience!! We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed our signature spa services and must agree, Michelle is fabulous! We look forward to the possibility of having you as guests of The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel upon your return to Negril, one love.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

From the second you arrive at the Spa Retreat, all of your stress will melt away. It helped that we got a welcome neck massage at the front desk! The location is stunning, the rooms are beautiful and impeccably clean, the food is delicious, the drinks are flowing and every single person working at this resort was an absolute pleasure to meet. As other reviewers have mentioned, this is not your place if you're looking for a big resort. The Spa Retreat is meant for total peace and relaxation. It is quiet, peaceful and basically a little piece of heaven. Not to mention if you're a dog lover, meeting Rosa is a pleasure. Made me miss my pup a little less while I was away. Honourable mention to both of the front desk staff Heather and Kelly who are absolutely lovely, Dwayne who works the bar and my husband and I literally would welcome to our home and Deneisha in the spa who gives one of the best massages I've ever had. Honeymoons and quiet getaways, if you want to relax this is the place. And you never have to worry about the food. Everything, literally I tried the whole menu, is delicious!!! Also a plus, getting to know the very cool owners...I'll always proudly support my fellow Canadians. Definitely a confident excellent rating!

Room Tip: Go for the seaside cottage if you can! Amazing!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shindle
jamiekeeley, Public Relations Manager at The Spa Retreat Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

Thank you so much, we are truly humbled by your wonderful review! It was a pleasure to have hosted fellow Canadians such as yourselves as our guests, we will look forward to your return one day soon. One love!