Eight days at The Spa Retreat. The name says it all, a spa for return to health and sanity; as well as a retreat from worries and cares of your 'other' life. While I say spa I do not mean a spartan environment with people suffering from withdrawal from the 'good' things to enjoy. If you want a smoothie made from local fruits just ask - either at the open air tiki bar or from one of the roaming staff members who will be happy to bring something to the pool or your lounge. If your wants lean to alcohol you came to the right spot; while it seems trite, they make a real Mojito, the rum and grapefruit soda "stingray" is refreshing and Richie's as yet unnamed new drink is to die for.
To the retreat part of the name, you really can retreat there. Peace just relaxing outside by the pool, perhaps in a canvas shade cabana. The adventure begins when and if you want it, we went to the caves with Famous Vincent as well as out to the reef. We horseback rode at Rhodes Plantation, all set up by Spa Staff; the balance of the time was mostly spent on site.
I can not do much more than repeat what others have said and in agreement. Probably the most enjoyable part of the stay was the staff, everyone was so genuinely friendly and helpful. You will not go wrong picking the Spa Retreat as others have done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true luxury escape located on the West End Cliffs of Negril, Jamaica and located on nearly 2 acres of oceanfront; this unique property extends from white sandy beach into exotic grey cliffs overlooking the vibrant turquoise hues of the Caribbean Sea. 18 Handcrafted stone cottages with spectacular tropical gardens and cliff side dining at the Blue Mahoe Restaurant will enhance your SPA escape. The SPA Retreat features an open-air day spa offering classic aesthetic treatments with a Jamaican flair. The adults only, SPA Retreat features a sea water pool, sandy beach deck, A/C, free Wi-Fi, in-room safe, yoga and specialty tours to enhance your experience. The devotion to quality and service familiar to The SPA’s Canadian locations continues to surpass guest expectations from the moment your flight touches down. We look forward to having you as our guest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Spa Retreat Hotel Negril
- Heart Beat Seaside Retreat Negril