This is way overdue but still so well deserved! As I sit here in -11 degree celsius I figured it was time :)
My husband Tony and I arrived in mid September, so it had just stopped raining but was still pretty hot. As soon as we arrived, while awesome Heather set up our return pick up with the driver, Marcia walked in with some refreshing drinks for us.
We had arrived on a week after a wedding had occurred, so it was a little bit quiet at the hotel, but the attention and service we received was absolutely phenomenal. We had booked the rooftop cottage but since they had other rooms available they upgraded us to the seaside cottage. We then got a tour of the grounds which I have to tell you, the pictures on their website are great but nothing can beat being there to see it for yourself!!
The staff are awesome and so professional! Please tell Shane we miss his ackee and saltfish and the dumplings! Marcia and Dwayne were so friendly and super professional. Townis, the security at the gate, was so nice and friendly as well. Everyone always took time to talk to us and give suggestions on places to go. It was always nice to see Nick every morning on our way to breakfast because he was always friendly and checked to see how we were doing.
The property is just gorgeous! The rooms are nice and roomy and the architecture of the entire resort is just beautiful. Tony and I went to seven mile beach just one day to check it out, and within a couple hours we were ready to go back to the hotel because we preferred the peace and quiet of the hotel being on a cliff and a little secluded. With the salt water pool, man made beach and bar just a few steps away we didn't feel like we missed out on anything at all!
The owners Shane and Christine are really friendly and always take the time to make sure their guests are enjoying themselves. They pride themselves on the customer experience and you can see it in how their entire staff carries themselves and the care that is taken of this wonderful property.
Rosa is the most chill dog ever! She would hang out with us by the pool and just do her own thing, never intrusive and just awesome.
Bottom line, the hotel is absolutely phenomenal. Everything about our trip was made that much better because of the amazing attentive service we experienced from start to finish. If you dont book this hotel you'll be missing out on an amazing experience! We are definitely planning on going back and cant wait to see everyone when we go back :) Thanks to all of you for a wonderful anniversary trip we will never forget
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true luxury escape located on the West End Cliffs of Negril, Jamaica and located on nearly 2 acres of oceanfront; this unique property extends from white sandy beach into exotic grey cliffs overlooking the vibrant turquoise hues of the Caribbean Sea. 18 Handcrafted stone cottages with spectacular tropical gardens and cliff side dining at the Blue Mahoe Restaurant will enhance your SPA escape. The SPA Retreat features an open-air day spa offering classic aesthetic treatments with a Jamaican flair. The adults only, SPA Retreat features a sea water pool, sandy beach deck, A/C, free Wi-Fi, in-room safe, yoga and specialty tours to enhance your experience. The devotion to quality and service familiar to The SPA’s Canadian locations continues to surpass guest expectations from the moment your flight touches down. We look forward to having you as our guest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Spa Retreat Hotel Negril
- Heart Beat Seaside Retreat Negril