We don't typically do all-inclusive, but with the reviews of the food prior to going and knowing we just needed to chill we decide to do it. And quite happy that we did! Shane, the chef (owner has the same name and he was great too), truly cares about the food he makes and he does his very best with his team to create authentic Jamaican dishes as well as fusion dishes like Jerk Chicken Alfredo. They also have very good American comfort food. The fish and chips are excellent too.
We weren't there just to eat! We booked a seaside cottage and were very pleased with the quality of the room. If you want complete privacy you should go with one of the other cottages, but we never felt like we were in a fishbowl either. If it is was made from wood, Shane, the owner, built it! High quality wood work is on display throughout the property.
We really enjoyed the saltwater pool and that the ocean was just steps off the pool for snorkeling. Aside from music being played in the background there was a lot of quite enjoyment to be had.
We did get a few massages and thought that Temeka (sp?) did a great job with the 90 minute deep tissue.
We stayed ten nights and I believe what made the stay so great was the entire staff. From Duwayne, Tyrone, Richmond and Paul at the bar to Monique, Delroy, Marvin and the rest of the waitstaff and the already mentioned spa staff, chefs, owners and Heather and her team in the offices they all made us feel at home in the cliffs of Jamaica! We hope to return to Jamaica again and there is no doubt where we will be staying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true luxury escape located on the West End Cliffs of Negril, Jamaica and located on nearly 2 acres of oceanfront; this unique property extends from white sandy beach into exotic grey cliffs overlooking the vibrant turquoise hues of the Caribbean Sea. 18 Handcrafted stone cottages with spectacular tropical gardens and cliff side dining at the Blue Mahoe Restaurant will enhance your SPA escape. The SPA Retreat features an open-air day spa offering classic aesthetic treatments with a Jamaican flair. The adults only, SPA Retreat features a sea water pool, sandy beach deck, A/C, free Wi-Fi, in-room safe, yoga and specialty tours to enhance your experience. The devotion to quality and service familiar to The SPA’s Canadian locations continues to surpass guest expectations from the moment your flight touches down. We look forward to having you as our guest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Odigeo, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Spa Retreat Hotel Negril
- Heart Beat Seaside Retreat Negril