“Amazing Jamaica Experience”
other travellers have booked this property
Llantrissant Beachcliff Villa As seen on sea
Seawall Dining
Dining room
Garden side master bedroom
Master bedroom bathroom
King size bed in upstairs suite
Lobster
Sunset from veranda
Reception table1
Reception setup in front of house1
Wedding setup on the beach1
Our signature dish - poach egg, callaloo on bammie
Outdoor shower
Veranda dining table can expand to seat 12.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Clayton
“Amazing Jamaica Experience”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

We were looking for a private beach hideaway, and we found it! The house and grounds are spectacular and well-maintained. The staff are not only very responsive but are lovely people also. I can't imagine anywhere else one could watch their teenagers enjoying a game of tennis while drinking coffee on the veranda, or swinging on the quaint porch swing. Our teenager/young adults were never bored. We really appreciated being able to snorkel right from the beach and then immediately sit down for a wonderful lunch! I could go on and on. Just don't forget your bug spray!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
RandyandM...
Virginia
“Lovely property and staff”
Reviewed 30 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

This property is very lovely. The grounds are fabulous. The staff is very good. The house is historic and it would have been lovely to know more about the history of the home. The food was excellent.
Pro's:
Lovely location
Wonderful grounds
Great private beach
Nice staff
Kayak's (it would have been good to have a couple 1 person kayaks)
Paddle Boards

Con's:
The noise
Old (really old) life jackets
A lot of glass and trash in the sand and beach areas. Apparantly, it washes over from the local's public beach.

We would absolutely return to Llantrissant if there had been no music from the locals beach every night from 9 or 10 until 4 or 5 am. It was absolutely horrible and I did as instructed and called the police but the number left was old and luckily the old police chief gave me a number to call someone else. Unfortunately, it did little to alleviate the noise problem. The noise was so bad (every single night we were there for five nights in a row) that it felt like it was shaking the whole house. We could not escape it. I understand the property owner has little to no control over that situation but it would have been appreciated if he would have let us known. We would have booked at a different time. If you are booking this place I would certainly ask if the locals are celebrating any holiday's or if there are any parties going on during that week (I did not know easter in Jamaica is a week long party....................Now we do).

If you are an early riser (or if you cannot sleep due to ridiculously loud, booming music) then breakfast comes really late. Even without the music, I typically get up early. The majority of the staff does not come in until 9 am and breakfast is around 10ish. So make sure you bring stuff to eat before then. We like to start our day before then. It was not a huge problem but it was an issue that would make me think twice before booking again.

The only reason I would not book this place again is because of the noise. I really wish that in all my conversations with Craig that he would have mentioned that it was a major Jamaican holiday and noise could be a problem. I would have booked Llantrissant at a different time because it was on my list of places I must go in Jamaica. Unfortunately, for us he did not.

Benjie, Miss Anne, Miss Paulette, Miss Marcell and Danny (pronounced Donny) were very good and we will think of them often.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Property
Liked least: Noise
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Friends getaway
boogerlay...
Los Angeles, California
“What an amazing staff”
Reviewed 30 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013
person found this review helpful

I was lucky to tour the place at the end if April, after I had already blindly booked it by he way. There were no guest there and Donny the amazing landscaper gave me a tour of the entire property. At that instant I knew I had made the right decision. The staff all introduced themselves and I simply could not wait to return.

We checked in just after the American Thanksgiving holiday and settled in right away. We were given a thorough tour of the place which was nice, especially the placement of all the light switches. We had our first dinner out by the sea wall, which was really good. The days after we would wake when we wanted and the staff would cook up breakfast. Each day you inform them what meals you want the next day, so put some thought into it before hand. This is my first trip to Negril where I have actually gained weight.

Big shout out to the entire staff, everyone was warm and genuine and made our stay wonderful. My Mom also loved the separate cottage so she could have her own space. Hope one day I can afford to return.....

Rustic but very clean. The 2 acre property is maintained very well by Donnie and after a week there were still parts I have yet to explore. Great beaches, kayaks, beautiful back veranda. I wouldn't change anything else. Thanks for an amazing vacation....

Travelling group: Other
seethewor...
Atlanta, Georgia
“More than a home away from home!”
Reviewed 3 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

I just returned from a long weekend spent at Llantrissant villa with some girlfriends from college. The villa and property is beautiful. The pictures don't do it justice at all. The staff is marvelous and treated us like family. One of the girls in our party is getting married in October so we had an impromptu shower for her (on the outside table by the water which was great) and Ms. Ann baked a cake for this with very little notice and no hesitation. I seriously cannot say enough positives about the villa, location (a grocery store, bank and souvenir shops within a 3 minute walk), the wonderful staff (putting up with 7 women without as much as a blink), the coordination of the reservation, meals and transportation by Afua. If you are traveling to Negril with a group of people and you don't decide to stay at Llantrissant then that will be your loss!!! We will definitely be returning for another visit!! TIP: Put the name of the villa on your customs form or they will not let you into Jamaica. Buy your liquor from the HiLo super market as its cheaper. The Jerk Hut has good food if you venture off the property for food. And take the One love bus bar crawl while you are in town.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Swimming in the am before breakfast, watching sunsets, the hammock and relaxing on the veranda.
Liked least: I had to leave and come back to US.
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
David L
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
“Birthday, Wedding and Family Holiday”
Reviewed 15 February 2013 for a stay in November 2012
person found this review helpful

We had a wonderful time in Negril? From start to finish; from early correspondence with Afua, introduction to Ramon, seeing the property for the first time and meeting the delightful staff, nothing could have been bettered. It is such a sublime location, the house is fabulous, the food cooked by Misses Ann and Paulette was superb. Danny maintained the beautiful grounds with diligence and pride. Barry and Charma were a reassuring presence at night and everyone connected with Llantrissant, whilst professional in all they did, were open, honest and extremely friendly. A magical time.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: everything was wonderful
Liked least: nothing
Reviewed 7 December 2012 for a stay in November 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
USA
Reviewed 18 September 2012 for a stay in September 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing