“Great Place”

Murphy's West End Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 199 Restaurants in Negril
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Small family run local jerk and seafood restaurant, Good Prices, Great Food..Proprietor Lenial Ennis is very pleasant host.
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Visited this lil place and loved it! A lot of good food in Jamaica but wow. Don't go for the elegance because thats not there. Go for the friendly workers, food and ambiance of being off the beaten path. Enjoy a hammock and the friendly dog! Lol

2  Thank mandell74

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We were in Jamaica visiting my Father who lives in the hills. My Fiancee and I popped down to Negril for a couple of days and found this place through trip advisor.

Now I have tried a lot of Carribean food, but this place is easily one of the best places I have eaten. The amount of effort which goes into the food is unbelievable. The staff are very friendly, the service is good and the flavours are amazing.

We ate here on three occasions in the end, we couldn't justify going anywhere else. Also because the prices are so reasonable.

Go for the Murphys Experience.

1  Thank LSI123
Reviewed 9 June 2014

If ever there is a place too good to be true it would be Murphy's. Presentation, quality, freshness & service were second to none. We felt like we were part of the family. Tony & Lineel really give it all they've got to make your experience great. Ended up dining here for three of our meals (including our final meal in Negril) while staying at The Rockhouse Hotel (it's just a short taxi ride away) and enjoyed every one of the meals!! I know that it will be on the top of my list of places that I will return to on my next trip to Negril!!

2  Thank Erica T
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I went to Murphy's last night in the west end.. What a treat. He only serves poultry or fish but the flavors and presentation were amazing. In his tin roof restaurant that has hanging hammocks and red stripe for $2.50 we relaxed and got a real taste of Jamaican culture. Tony and Murphy were so personable. They told us the history of the spot and even showed us pictures of his restaurant when it-belonged to grandfather. Tony picked an Ackee from a tree and let me taste it.
I ate the grilled shrimp with festival a cross between a hush puppy and a doughnut . It was so fresh and amazing. My man had the snapper on hot sauce which was delish!
We are going back before we leave!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We dined here as a recommendation from a hotel staff member. It turned out to be my husbands favorite jerk while in Jamaica. Everything was so fresh and absolutely delicious. The presentation was great as well! I had a tomato rose with my meal :)

1  Thank AmySue M