“A must in Negril!”

Presley's Bar & Grill
Ranked #29 of 194 Restaurants in Negril
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Jamaican
Good for: Romantic, Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located outside of RockHouse Hotel and across the street. Presley's is a bar during the day, and a reservations,...one couple per evening grill in the evening. You pay what you think it's worth,...excellent food, Jamaican atmosphere, and you can't beat the price!
Hummelstown PA
“A must in Negril!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We researched restaurants before our trip and knew we wanted to try Presley's. Our driver stopped on our way to the hotel and we spoke to Presley. We made a reservation for the following night. We ordered the lobster, red snapper, and shrimp. The food was amazing and the atmosphere was cool. There's only 3 tables in the place so make sure you plan ahead. You can't just walk into this place expecting to get served you need a reservation. I thought the price wasn't bad for the 4 of us and all the red stripes we had. The portions are huge... I could see if he only gave you one lobster tail but you get 3! This was one of our very favorite meals while we were there. Ladies... Just use the bathroom across the street at the rock house... His isn't very female friendly, at least for me.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Lauren M

statesville
“The best food in Negril!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Pressley bacially asked what do you want to eat, and it was there by dinner! Fresh fish and shrimp cooked to perfection! If you are lucky he will come out and sit down and chat following your meal. We stay at rockhouse and walk across the street for real island food and fun!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank angieskinner5
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“My favorite place to eat. Ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I stay at the Rockhouse fairly often and our favorite place to eat is Presley's. He makes the best fish I've ever had. This time we sampled just about everything he had during our stay, Grilled snapper, curry conch, lobster, shrimp, octopus, brown stew snapper. If I had to pick, I couldn't pick just one, but the curry conch and shrimp are amazing! I don't even usually like curry and Presley had me eating it two nights in a row!
He is very casual and always happy to try and accommodate. If you only have one meal in Negril, make it Presley's!! You won't regret it.

3 Thank Kim M
Miami, Florida
“Wouldn't go there if I were you”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Had heard a lot about Presley's and thought we'd give it a try specially since we were staying right across the street at the Rock House. Our children wanted to relax in the hotel room so we figured we'd grab something and eat together at the room. We walked to Presley and he had a few guests out front and seemed to be a one man show, cooking, serving, doing everything on his own. He saw us enter but didn't really greet us. We sat down and patiently waited as he went back and forth a few times from the kitchen, to the other tables. Finally he came and asked what we wanted and we mentioned we wanted to take something to go. He initially refused…..that he doesn't do that then asked "What you want, lobster?". My husband said he'll take a lobster and some jerk chicken, to which he stated, "I don't do chicken, only seafood, so I'll make you 2 lobster and that'll be US $50", rushing us. We didn't appreciate him not bothering to let us know what his menu was….pushing the 2 lobster for $50 on us. So we walked out. Presley seemed pushy and arrogant with a lack of respect for his customer. In his little shack which we were drawn to for it's authentic simplicity, the first thing he asked when he saw us was "do you have reservation?"…. Followed by, "where are you staying?"….. as if trying to discern what he will charge as he apparently had no printed menu…that made us uncomfortable as well. Would not go there if I were you.

2 Thank ZainabB20
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Respect for the best chef in Negril!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

From the moment we got off the plane, we started asking about the best places to eat in Negril. Starting with the girls at the airport, to our driver to Negril, the locals in town and finally the couple having drinks next to us in the pool at sunset, we kept hearing about this guy Presley. So we decided we better check him out. He is directly across the street from the Rockhouse Hotel, where we were staying. We were out of luck that night as he was already booked for dinner and had to walk away from what looked like an amazing meal, our mouths drooling in anticipation! We quickly found out that you need to book your reservations and order by the morning as Presley goes out and catches it fresh for you that day. (Our friends in the pool made it their first order of business when they arrived in earlier that day.)
So we arrived the following night and had one of the most perfect, simple meals we have ever had. We had grilled snapper, lobster and shrimp. It was simply prepared with the most delicate seasonings and cooked to perfection. We ate in silence until we looked up at the other table who was in as much awe as we were! Here was a restaurant filled (all 3 tables!) with NYC and Philly foodies that could not get over how good Presley's food was! Everyone there was blown away. I honestly can say I have never had better shrimp in my life! We immediately booked the following night and decided to have curried conch and octopus, along with an order of shrimp, of course! Oh and we asked Presley to cook us a surprise of whatever he loves to eat as well.
Could it really get any better the 2nd night? Well, yes!! We dined with our Rockhouse pool friends so our menu was incredible and overly generous: lobsters, snapper, curried conch, octopus, shrimp, more lobster, a whole head snapper, and even more shrimp. Presley sat down and joined us as we stayed late into the evening. Cooking is his passion and you can instantly tell how much love goes into everything that comes out of his kitchen. My husband feels exactly the same about making food for our family so he is completely aware of the passion and commitment Presley takes in making his dishes. He tried hard to get Presley to show him his kitchen and let him learn a few magic tricks but Presley didn't give him the invite yet...he promised if he comes back in September, maybe...
So guess where we were eating on our final night? Yep, straight back to Presley's for some more amazing shrimp and then we invited Presley out to dinner to check out some other local places. We really wanted to see what could even come close to Presley's cuisine. It must be intimidating for the chefs to know Presley is in the house...no one's cooking even came close to what Presley can do! At least we had Presley's company among us as we had our final bites if it couldn't have been in his own restaurant. As Presley always says, "RESPECT!"

4 Thank missypen