“Great Food & Service on the Cliffs”

The Lodge at Tensing Pen
Ranked #17 of 198 Restaurants in Negril
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Lodge brings guests together in an intimate setting overlooking the Caribbean Sea. Our Chef prepares Jamaican influenced fare using the finest ingredients and organic grown vegetables. Complimentary pick up is offered between 5:00 pm and 8:00 pm
Reviewed 4 March 2014

What a nice surprise to find this great restaurant on the cliffs. The Lodge at Tensing Pen is the perfect blend of island ambiance with great food and service too. Their dinner menu offers a nice variety of surf & turf, all presented in ample portions & gourmet style. Drinks from the bar were pricey by local standards, but the entrees were reasonably priced.

1  Thank Denise876

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed at Tensing Pen for just 2 nights and decided to stay on resort for our final dinner in Jamaica. We did not regret this decision. It was raining so seating options were a bit limited but we managed. It was quiet -I can't recall any music playing- and pleasantly dimly lit. I read in previous reviews that the prices were high including $50 steak. This is not true -I don't recall seeing any main courses over $30. We had an excellent bottle of 2008 Malbec wine, I had lobster and my husband had stuffed chicken breast and the bill came to $100 including tax and a %10 service fee (naturally we topped up the tip). Yes this isn't cheap but it is within the normal range for a nice dinner. We both very much enjoyed our meals and they were typical of what you could order in North America. There were more Jamaican style foods available as well if that's what you're in the mood for. Initially we were a bit put off by the lack of greeting for about 5 minutes (it wasn't busy in the dining room) and the fact we wanted to order wine from the waiter he told us to go to the bar. I looked over at the bar (adjacent to the dining room) and it was full of seated and standing people with only one bartender. I said, "It looks pretty busy, I don't really want to get up and stand and wait to order wine." The waiter understood and helped us out. Service was excellent from that point on.
The dogs were in the dining room and I noticed that they ignored all the people who ignored them. They basically only paid attention to 2 guests: the guests who obviously love and wanted attention from the dogs -one of them being my spouse. The dogs have very short hair so there is no dog hair hygiene issue. If you like dogs you'll find that they add to the cozy atmosphere. The dogs are not hyper and seemed rather zen.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

After eating here last year, we made a point to come for both lunch and dinner this year. For lunch, the pizza and roti were great. Dinner was amazing. One of us had nutty grouper, the other had chicken breast stuffed with ackee and calaloo. The staff is friendly, the view to die for. It doesn't get much better than this.

GuestServicesTP, Guest Relations Manager at The Lodge at Tensing Pen, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review.

Thanks so much for dining with us at the Lodge, this rustic yet elegant restaurant does serve some delicious meals. That nutty grouper is mouth watering. The food is freshly prepared just for you and yours. Am glad it was worth the wait .

See you again in the Lodge. :)

Reviewed 18 December 2013

We recently were back in Negril for the umpteenth time and as always, ate a few meals at The Lodge. We had two dinners and a lunch during this trip. Owen was our waiter for the 2 dinners and he is attentive, funny and great at his job! We tried grilled lobster, the nutty grouper (which is amazing) and the shrimp/calamari pasta. ALL of the dishes were excellent, as was the pumpkin soup that they served. We stopped in for lunch one day as well and tried the snapper sandwich on coco bread (very good) and the chilled cucumber soup, served with coco bread. I don't care much for cucumbers, but this soup was spectacular; I had never tried anything like it and would order it again in a heartbeat. The views here are stunning as well, as you are seated right on the edge of the cliffs.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

The food was just fantastic and the atmosphere is breath taking. The only thing we weren't crazy about was there hamburger. Just different. Kinda like British Virgin Islands burger, but who really cares about a burger. Try all there other food. The fish was outstanding and so were the potatoes they served with it. We had an appetizer called stuffed Cho Cho I think. It was amazing. Even the grilled cheese with tomatoe on their local bread was delicious for lunch. They did a very nice serve yourself continental breakfast also. There was a lot to eat and all sorts of things to choose or you could order off the menu. I wish we had eaten here even more than we did instead of going to other places on the cliffs. I can't say enough nice things about this restaurant or the accomendations...