“second stay at CFSG”

Catcha Falling Star Gardens
Ranked #41 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 29 January 2013

I had stayed at CFSG one time and was hooked! Decided to come back again and stay an extended period. I have nothing but good things to say about it! The room was so spacious and well kept with everything I needed. If there was anything at all that I wanted...all I had to do was ask. I always like extra pillows which were provided with just a note in an email.

I was pleasantly surprised this year when there was a safe provided in the room. No key needed...just a personal code required. This is a real plus since last year, I kept valuables in the office safe. Along with that, a new tv was added! The previous one worked well but the new one was so much better.

I just have to thank every single person at CFSG for making the trip perfect! Jane and Joan at the office took care of every need. Wayne was magical. This gentleman could fix anything and kept all of us entertained. I had an old radio that has traveled with me for years. It suddenly quit working. I asked Wayne if he could try to fix it. No problem mon...fixed and returned. I also had a small speaker for my Kindle which had quit working. Well, again...Wayne to the rescue! Thanks Wayne for all of your help BTW.

Veronica and Loretta took care of all of our housekeeping needs. These ladies rock!! Veronica and I had many great conversations. She is a true lady indeed. Loretta is such a sweetheart too.

And the night guards...Marshall and Robin...well, what can I say. They both were awesome. I never had to worry about anything. They were always there when needed. They will take care of you whenever you return to the resort with a smile on their face.

That leaves the infamous resort dogs..Pumpkin and Bel. I am a real dog lover and I have to say that these dogs are perfection. I miss my lab so very much when away, so having them around was a real plus for me. No need to worry about any little thing with these dogs. They are always on duty to protect and serve.

In conclusion....all I can say is that CFSG is perfection. I love the cliffs and will always hold this resort close to my heart. Once you stay there, you are considered family. Nothing better in my opinion. Negril is truly magical!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wvgal

Reviewed 27 January 2013

I would first like dispell any previous reviews that don't tell all the facts.I have been traveling this area for 35 years and the Gardens are what makes Jamaica REAL! The people the vibe and always a warm smile. I have recently returned from traveling the whole island and this is truely my home. The minute you arrive Lady Jane and Joan are there to help you with anything that you may need. The rest of the staff from Wayne to Marshall to housekeeping are willing and ready to deliver the service that you would expect and recieve. I want all the travelers to look around at other properties that cost a whole lot more and compare your experience to the Gardens.The closeness within walking distance of many different experiences is right at your doorstep.The privacy is fantastic and the security of the property is more than most.They also have the Best guard dogs in Belle and Pumpkin. If you like cozy. secure, vibe and smiles then please give this likkle Gem a try. If you want glitz and glamour then try the Wynn in Las Vegas.I can't wait to return next week for ten days and my birthday. I wouldn't have it any other way!!!!!! Soon Come!!

Room Tip: Up or down it really doesn't matter. The upfront apartment is great for more than Two people!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Swanny56
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Do not let these people book the car from the airport for you. I did and the car was not road worthy, had no air conditioning or speedometer, the driver had been drinking and tried to sell me pot.
These are the folks they choose to be their first representatives and give the first impression. The hotel is clean but has no services whatsoever. The night manager, Joan, needs to get a personality and be trained in service. She either gave useless answers or none at all. The rooms were clean but the AC did not really work and was very noisy. Promised water access was death defying. There was no hot water either so showers were short to say the least. I was supposed to stay a week and moved out after 2 nights...i will never go back and would not recommend it unless all you want is cheap and you plan to spend the rest of your time elsewhere.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Edmond G
Reviewed 9 January 2013

I LOVE JAMAICA!! I go every year and if I ever win the Lotto...Jamaica would be my permanent home! Just returned from a 13 night stay (Dec 22-Jan 4, 2013). I LOVED everything about Catcha Gardens; my spacious room, the hammock on my balcony, the music from surrounding properties in the distance, my sweet housekeeper Ms. Loretta, the 2 sweet dogs guarding the property, the beautiful floral gardens and Kevin's Jerk chicken (Seasoned to the Bone). I stayed in the Jasmine Villa upstairs. Comfy bed, cable TV, ceiling and standing fan, kitchenette with fridge, mini stove, microwave, plates, utensils and coffee maker. The property is Beautiful, Quiet and Relaxing. Yes, the property is gated and locked but its not a problem since you can come and go with your gate key. I felt safe as a solo woman traveler and very comfortable walking the cliffs without issue. If you come out the gate and walk to your left for 15 minutes, there's SIr D's lookout which has 2 picnic tables and benches overlooking the cliffs. Perfect for relaxing and listening to your ipod and there's also a bar just a few feet away. If you continue to walk even further as I did, you'll find Sexy Rexy, the Light House, more bars, lots of goats and eventually Out of Town Pastry. They sell beverages and all sorts of patties as well as items you would find in a convenience store. There are other convenience stores and places to eat in either direction when you exit the gate. The popular SeaStar Inn is just a short walk away offering good food and from 4-6pm-Happy Hour is a good value! I had the Jerk Chicken club and it was delish! I also ate a good cheeseburger at Ahhhbees. LTU is directly across the street from Catcha Gardens and I did eat there once due to my late arrival. The jerk chicken skewers with fries and veggies was ok-but I found much better options along the cliffs and in town. They did have a nice NYE party...free drinks, good music but no fireworks. However, my absolute favorite eating spot was a jerk chicken stand (Seasoned to the Bone) operated by Kevin. He has the absolute BEST JERK Chicken and a Wonderful personality...definitely give him a try. Walk out the gate towards Rick's and you won't miss him! Catching a taxi into town or anywhere was super easy, inexpensive and without issues. My holiday was perfect. I'm very Happy I chose Catcha Gardens instead of staying on the beach again! My Can't wait to return to Jamaica in July!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Swayvon
Reviewed 31 December 2012

I'ven been a frequent visitor to Negril since the summer of 2009. I go two to three times a year and stay anywhere from a few weeks to as long as 6 months. I've stayed in -- and reviewed -- many of the hotels in this gorgeous little beach town.

This last time, I stayed at Catcha Falling Star Gardens. I was there for a month because I came a few weeks early in order to train for the Reggae marathon, which is in the first week of December.

"Catcha," as this little hotel is so fondly referred to by the locals, is one of my favorite hotels because it feels more like an apartment -- a home away from home, if you will. The reason is, the rooms are big and spacious. They have two double beds, a seating area with a coffee table, cable TV and a small refrigerator. The bathrooms are also oversiized, and each room has a HUGE private balcony with a hammock.

The room I stayed in this last time had a direct view of the ocean, which I could see from my bed as I awoke each morning and opened the curtains.

What I like most about Catcha is that it's:

Safe: Each guest has a key for entering and leaving the grounds. As a freelance writer, I travel with my laptop and digital camera, but never feel funny abt leaving them in my room b/c it's safe there. Bella and Pumpkin (the two dogs at the hotel) are very friendly -- and add an extra measure of security. There's also a night watchman.

Close to popular restaurant: LTU is right across the street. It's a bar/restaurant right on the cliffs overlooking the ocean, so you never have to worry about where to eat/drink if you don't want to wander far.

Affordable: The rates for what you get at this hotel can't be beat. Again, I've stayed at a lot of hotels in Negril and this is one of the best ones for the price.

Beautiful grounds: Pool, enclosed area by the pool to read/relax out of the sun if you want; gorgeous vegetation; etc.

People: Jane, the manager, and the rest of the Catcha staff couldn't be more nice or accommodating.

I could go on and on about this hotel. Over the years, I rented several abodes in Negril so didn't have a need to stay at a hotel. Now that I no longer have a rented place there though, Catcha is truly like my home away from home. I never even consider staying any place else when I come because of all the reasons listed above -- and much more.

Happy travelling!
Yuwanda

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Yuwanda
Reviewed 17 December 2012

Its nice and private, and the hotel setting is just beautiful with the stunning flora that abounds the gardens. Wayne made it all the more pleasant with his helpful suggestions and tips. The only comments I have which we were not aware of, is that there is NO access to the waters from the hotel. You would have to go through the pub across the street and go down a ladder but you cannot lounge there during the day, or you would sneak it at one of the water side hotels if you're lucky and its not high season, or just cab to the beach.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Guess I should have wrote this review when it was more fresh in my head but, I just noticed that I never did so here it goes....stayed at Catcha Falling Star Gardens in Feb 2012, when I arrived I was warmly greeted and my room was clean and cool from the A/C as I was on the lower floor. The hammock outside on my porch is where I spent a lot of time while not out exploring and visiting with the local Rastas down the road.

Room Tip: Choose a lower level room if you want A/C and one in the rear of the compound if you don't want...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo