“Best place to stay if your looking for fun”

Catcha Falling Star Gardens
Ranked #41 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I almost dont want to write a good review because I dont want this place to become too well known and turn it into a touristy place....we LOVE LOVE LOVE this place...the prices are good, the grounds are beautiful, the rooms are perfect, roomy and so beautiful! its soo nice to have a huge veranda for each room.....the pool area is the most wonderful place to hang out and party with your nieghbors (the vibes are soo wonderful here, we met and partied with people from all over the world staying here - like one big happy family) there is a table in the pool that we enjoyed our breakfast at..the staff are so friendly and helpful...the dogs that live here are friendly and cute and make friends with everyone. this place has great security and also allows you to have your local friends over anytime, which is a big plus for us..(many places we have stayed our local friends are kicked out by 6 pm) I absolutely adore this place and its become my fast favorite place to stay while in Negril...we WILL be back!! one love!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank emdKelly

Reviewed 20 February 2013

We have been travelling to Negril for 6 years now and have always stayed on Seven Mile Beach. We decided to mix it up a bit this year as we wanted away from the hustle and bustle. After researching different options we decided on Catcha Gardens. We couldn't have been more pleased. It is a quiet quaint resort with wonderful staff. We love a simple vacation and eating at local restaurants. (there are lots to choose from). Just keep in mind that walking the roads can be dangerous at the cliffs as there is really no curb so taxi's are a safer route. The staff at Catcha is awesome!!!! Thank you Wayne for all the favours and helping us carry our bag of ice up the road:) The dogs Pumpkin and Bella are great company. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beachgyrl
Reviewed 14 February 2013

No frills place. No BF or bar or anything on site to buy a bottle of water - at least not in evening once reception closed. Need to get out (opposite side of street has LTU pub, with great view over ocean, on cliffs. Rick's Cafe nearby. Sister Hotel 5 mins walk, with very nice & good restaurant).
Nice pool, unfortunately plenty of ashtrays with cig buds...
Rooms are OK, with nice terraces / balconies. No aircon, but fan. Good enough.
A bit worn out overall, but OK for the price. Staff is nice.

I would stay here again...

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I was orginally going to stay for 2 nights but was so chilled and relaxed that i stayed 5 instead. From the minute I arrived Wayne the Caretaker was there to meet my every need. He ensured I was totally comfortable and had everything i wanted. This place oozes love for its guests nothing is a problem and the staff are happy and friendly.

I stayed in the Bella Villa first downstairs which has a large clean airy room with nice size bathroom and fridge and coffee maker. It was great to chill in the little garden adjoining this villa.

I moved upstairs for the last couple of nights and again nice spacious rooms and well equipped.

The LTU is ideally located opposite, and a few minutes walk up the road is Sir D's which have delicious food and also the best sunset in Negril. A few minutes the other way is Ricks Cafe and opposite a lady sells the best soup in Negril - highly recommended.

I simply loved staying here. When I left I felt so relaxed. It is in a great located for getting around but also a great hide away to chill in the beautiful gardens and swimming pool.

Big up to Wayne who knows how to look after and care for the guests and always has a big lovely smile.

Room Tip: I loved the Bella Villa downstairs as it has its own private garden.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank annymc
Reviewed 8 February 2013

My friend and I had the most wonderful 2 week stay at Catcha Gardens. We stayed in the Jasmine cottage which has a little kitchenette and a very spacious balcony where we had a breakfast every morning. The room was large enough for us to do yoga and NIA as well as live quite comfortably together for 2 weeks. The pool and garden area is beautiful and well kept. the layout of the biuldings gives everyone privacy. The staff is warm, friendly and helpful. We plan to be back next year! Great place. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ManagerPYL
Reviewed 7 February 2013

My husband and I visit Jamaica at least once a year and though we usually spend the majority of our vacation on the beach, we always love to spend a few days up on the cliffs. It's laid back and different from the beach. We usually stay at Catcha Falling Star or Tensing Pen but discovered Catcha Gardens a few years ago when we were having dinner at LTU across the street. We asked if we could take a tour of the property and loved it. The only problem at that time was they did not have a pool and that was a big minus for us because a lot of the time the water off the cliffs is too rough for swimming and a pool is a must for cooling off. Fast forward a few years, we heard that Catcha Gardens put in a beautiful pool, so when we were booking our trip for January 2013, we reserved a room for the last 2 nights of our vacation at Catcha Gardens.

Check in was a breeze and we were immediately shown to our room, Ginger Lily downstairs. I guess I didn't realize when I booked that Ginger Lily is the room closest to the road. We were a bit concerned but honestly it didn't end up being a problem at all. It quiets down pretty early on the cliffs and we spent both evenings on our balcony listening to music and talking, not bothered at all by road noise or noise from LTU. The room was very clean and comfortable, the beds are a bit small. My husband is 6'4 and I'm 5'9 and even my feet were hanging off the end a bit, but no worries, they were comfortable. We had a couch, coffee table and a small tv (never turned it on), coffee maker, small fridge (we stocked up on beverages at the store right down the road), wall safe and AC that worked just fine. We had Luke warm water in the shower the first night and cold water the 2nd night, actually very normal for the cliffs in our experience. Even at Tensing Pen, we usually end up taking at least one cold shower. The only minor complaint I have about the room is that there is no plug in the bathroom and no plug anywhere in the room where you can blow dry and do your hair and actually see yourself in the mirror. I'm pretty low maintenance when we are staying up on the cliffs but we were renewing our wedding vows on our second night and a mirror for doing my hair would have helped, even one strategically placed some where near a plug in the living area. We rented a scooter from Tykes down the road and it was no problem to park it right outside our room, inside the locked gate.

The grounds of the hotel are beautifully maintained, with flowering trees and bushes everywhere. the pool was clean with nice comfy lounge chairs. There did always seem to be a shortage of towels though. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It was kind of a bummer on our second day when we were relaxing by the pool when a fellow guest came and plugged his boom box in and started blasting music. Not even good music so that drove us away from the pool. That is not really the hotel's fault. We didn't complain to them at all so they had no opportunity to fix the situation. Some people are just very inconsiderate of others.

We have enjoyed LTU for years and enjoyed walking over there for dinner and drinks both nights.

It felt so good to get away from the all inclusive resort and explore and experience the "real" Jamaica at Catcha Gardens and the surrounding area. We truly enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TDavis216
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Just back from my first Jamaican vacation this year.
I am a regular visitor to this fabulous island and have stayed in many areas. I returned to Catcha Falling Star Gardens in Negril and cannot praise the staff enough for their assistance, nothing is too much trouble. The Manageress Jane even loaned me a CD player! The gardens are well maintained, the staff are friendly, the pool is cleaned regularly. The rooms are cleaned daily, clean sheets and towels provided every other day. The place is very secure with a nightwatchman and of course the two dogs are never far away. I would recommend this place for anyone wanting an affordable, quiet, pleasant holiday away from the beach area. I am completely hooked.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends