“Great Find”

Catcha Falling Star Gardens
Ranked #40 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 7 August 2013

In the price range, you can't beat this hotel. I checked in for a 3 or 4 day stay and ended up staying 10 days. It is very clean with nice furnishings. The grounds are beautiful, and the pool is fantastic. The people who work here are what really makes the place though. It is safe, secure, clean, and comfortable. There is a great restaurant/bar just out of the front gate, that is on the cliff and has the best sunset view. The bar is an expat hangout. There are steps down to the water for swimming in a surreal cove. They have a referral to a very good diving company that is great value. I really enjoyed the less touristy atmosphere, and right down the street is the infamous Rick's Bar and the $1000 a night Caves Hotel. I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Near the pool and anything off the road.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank travel231231
There are newer reviews for Catcha Falling Star Gardens

Reviewed 10 July 2013

We weren't meant to stay at a hotel for the few days we were in Negril, but due to unexpected circumstances we booked in there. We stayed in Rooms at Ochi before going to Negril and I must say that this place was better than Rooms.Everything worked, the room was clean and tidy and had a fridge. In Rooms if you wanted a fridge, you had to pay extra for one!
The Gardens are just so lovely, the gardener (I forgot his name) does a great job in maintaining it, I would have loved to have sit on the varandah and enjoyed the garden and to also sit in the hammock, but the mosquitos were eating me alive!
Big up to Marshall the security who looked after me and my friend, he was like a dad (although we big people), advising us on all sort of things, making sure we were safe and so on. So sorry, but I've forgotten the Irish lady name who runs the hotel, but she was very nice and friendly. Although I like staying nearer the town centre and the nine-mile beaches, it was a great place to stay. We went and have a look at the sister hotel Catch a Falling Star, it was just beautiful, you could watch the sunset from there. Maybe next time I'm in Negril I would consider staying at either one of the hotel. I would definately recommend both hotels.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank all777
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Just came back from a one week stay and I was pleasantly surprised. I did not think I would enjoy staying on the cliffs because I am a beach lover...but I actually enjoyed the peace and tranquility on the cliffs. Loved the size of the rooms with the large living room area, loved that the room also included a fridge and loved the size of the decks with lots of seating and the hammock...and really loved the pool! The staff were amazing! Marshall (the security guard) and Wayne (the gardener) were both extremely helpful and went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. The maid also went above and beyond the call of duty to work around our time schedule and there were always plenty of clean towels in our room and around the pool. The rooms and the grounds are extremely clean. Also, there were lots of great places to eat close by. This is now my favorite place to stay whenever I go to Negril and I truly cannot wait to go back again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I just came back from a month long stay at Catcha Gardens; one of severals stays with them! I, like others, have stayed all over Negril as I have been travelling there for 30+ years. There are many reasons I come back to Catcha Gardens but, the biggest reason is the staff! It is true that the pool is large, lovely and always clean, the security is great, the rooms are large and very comfortable and the gardens are beautiful!!! But the staff makes me feel loved and they make me smile every day! Jane, Wayne, Veronica, Loretta and Joan.......I absolutely love you all.....you are why I keep coming back! Oh, and I need to mention Pumpkin, Belle and Rocky, my trusty and loving dogs! They are great company when I am sitting on my veranda! I am coming back this November for another month and I just can't wait!! See you all soon! Sally

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SShelton
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Whenever I travel to Negril with my bf, we automatically default to Catchafallingstar gardens. We first discovered this property in 2010 and every year we go back for a couple of days of R&R. Now with the addition of a pool it is absolutely perfect. It is tremendously clean, due to the star efforts of Loretta and everyone is wonderfully friendly.
We tend to check in at odd hours (e.g. 1am) and it's never too much of a hassle for someone to let us in :)
Catchafallingstar will always be my go to place when I stay in Negril. The 7 mile beach a 5 minute drive away and so many eating options near by (Ricks cafe, push cart, LTU), it can't be beat for value

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Just returned from a 2-month hiatus in Negril, Jamaica. I've stayed all over Negril throughout the years, and Catcha Falling Star Gardens is, by far, one of my favorite places. The rooms are such that you don't even feel like you're in a hotel; you feel like you're in a private villa. I can't say enough about the staff, the grounds, the privacy, the location, the security, room size, large verandah, beautiful pool, etc. Thank you Jane, Wayne, Ms. Veronica, and all the other staff, for a beautiful, peaceful stay. See you soon!

Cassandra

Room Tip: I enjoy the upper level rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank CassandraB_Writer
Reviewed 15 May 2013

This is by far one of the nicest places I have ever had the pleasure of stay at... The wonderful staff and Management makes it their personal quest to ensure you have everything you need for a relaxing stay....We spent 15 nights with them and it was fantastic.....We had moved to the beaches for a couple of days and had to cut that short because we missed CFSG so much! The rooms are huge and clean, Veronica makes sure you have clean everything each and every day...the ground are kept spotless and beautiful by a warm friendly man, Wayne I miss you!!....Jane, the manager always has a warm friendly hello and soon became a very good friend...as did everyone at CFSG...I can't wait to be back home....my home away from home...in December.

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room on the property...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends