“Homey rooms and friendly staff! We will be back one day...”

Catcha Falling Star Gardens
Ranked #38 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Austin, Texas
“Homey rooms and friendly staff! We will be back one day...”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The rooms are perfect the way they are set up. Each room and bathroom has everything you need and more to make it feel like home away from home. (They include bars of soap but not shampoo and conditioner, so be sure to pack that. Also, they do have hair dryers but you must request them at the front office. The hair dryers are nice too, not cheap models like most hotel/ resorts have.) The mosquito nets actually provide a romantic feel to the beds. My only complaint was that the beds were a bit firm, but then again some people like that. Our favorite part of staying here like many other guests was the dogs- Belle and Pumpkin! They are so sweet, cute, and well-behaved, it broke my heart to tell them bye when we checked out. Pumpkin was always just outside our door, laying on the patio chair. She followed us all around the gardens (in a good companion like kind of way). Sharice, one of the managers in the office was always very friendly and accommodating. Joan, one of the front office workers was also nice and helped us right away when we needed help. Some rooms do not have phones, but they allowed us to use the office phone to call local numbers anytime, whenever the office was open. The pool and the garden around it is just lovely! The waterfall was refreshing and beautiful, and they had an in-water table so you can eat or drink inside the pool. The grounds were always clean and well-kept. (Shout out to Wayne, the groundskeeper! Also very friendly and he knows people on the island who can give you discounted prices for things like scooter rentals.) Very relaxed, comfortable, homey atmosphere. The gardens and pool area would be excellent places to do yoga or meditate. (Bring your yoga mat so you can! I wish I had brought mine!) The location was central on Negril's West End. Just across the street from the cliffs!! Rick's Cafe is only a block away, and there are several local restaurants within a 15-minute walk. Directly across the street is LTU Pub which had AMAZING breakfast for low prices (American, European, and Jamaican variety). We would definitely stay here again. A nice change from the typical resort style hotels- provides a more authentic Jamaican experience :)

Room Tip: You will want an A/C unit! Jamaica is beautiful but also very humid. We stayed in Bella Villa downst...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Joanna111286

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at Catcha Gardens from 7-9-2014 to 7-11-2014. We were immediately greeted by Shereece and Wayne (and Pumpkin and Bella...the resort dogs). We were booked for the June Rose apartment, but after seeing it, we felt that it was a little too much for us two and opted to move to one of the other villa rooms with a porch and hammock. They were very accommodating and had the room cleaned right up for us.

Wayne, the grounds keeper, was very helpful to us and even went to pick up some food for us one day. Awesome guy and great to talk to!

Catcha is a place to go when you just need to relax and get away from it all. The pool is great, rooms are very clean and again, the staff is wonderful.

There are great restaurants in walking distance including Mango Tree, Soupies, and LTU Pub. Just Natural is a bit of a longer walk or just a short cab ride away.

In conclusion, we had a great time and felt right at home here. We will definitely be back in the future!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Chris H
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed June 15-22.
I'm from Negril, now living in Canada. We decided to stay here for a few reasons. First, it had good reviews, also because it was within walking distance to where my parents live. We were travelling with friends, and also our 4 month old baby.

We had just stayed at Grand Pineapple for a week, so wanted to see how this would compare.

First off, the rooms are spacious and clean. Houskeeping comes in and cleans daily. Fresh towels daily, even if we didn't need them. The rooms are rustic, and maybe a little dated, but I had a comfortable sleep each night. And had a large enough area to put the playpen and our luggage. We spotted a large cockroach in our room one night, (probably came in through some crack) which my husband killed, but we didn't see any after that. Would see the odd lizard/gecko in our room at night, and the odd mosquito. But nothing that made me feel uncomfortable. There is a fridge/kettle/coffee maker in the rooms. Also mugs/glasses and some spoons. We were able to buy our own groceries, though the fridge was on the small side. It would be nice if Catcha would put in a hotplate in the rooms, or at least a microwave to be able to reheat foods. We stayed in a A/C room which also had a fan. The unit was a bit noisy, but didn't prevent us from sleeping.

Staff was great! Marshall (night security) was always around. The dogs (Belle and Pumpkin) were always at your side especially if you gave them treats. They often slept outside our door. I never felt unsafe. I did have one little negative experience with the staff. Wayne was the groundskeeper. Very nice man, but he did beg me for money one day. Not sure if he did it because he thought that I was from Negril I would help him out??? Whatever the reason, I was there as a guest, and you should never beg money from guests no matter where they are from. That is the only negative experience I had with the staff....

Pool was clean always, and we were in there alot. Even at nights, they kept the lights on while we had a late swim.

They have free Wifi.

We ate at LTU once during our trip. The food was good, and the price reasonable. But they nickel and dime you on the drinks. There are better restaurants, all you have to do is walk a bit....

They now have a generator for when the power goes out.

Place is in a quiet area. Within walking distance to Ricks Cafe.

All in all, I loved this place and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank squishysgirl
Minneapolis
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've been traveling to Negril for more than 20 years. And back in the day, when Negril was more roots and chilled out, I stayed on the beach for the first couple years. But the last 15 years I will only stay up on the cliffs appreciating the more chilled out environment and experience. For most of thost past 15 years, I've been staying at CatchaFalling Gardens (CFG), even before it was called CFG. Since they bought and renovated the place about 6 years ago its been that much better and I can't think of anywhere I'd rather stay. It is part of my memories and full experience and along with my two favorite dogs Bella and Pumpkin I love the people who run CFG and am so grateful to Loretta, Veronica and Wayne for their MANY years of kindness, service and for being such great honest and lovely people. I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: All the Villa's are great! They have A/C rooms, but I never use them, as I love the Negril expe...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank EpicuriousHeidi
Egg Harbor Twp., NJ
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This was our second stay at Catcha Gardens - the last time was about 2 years ago. It has only gotten better - which I thought was impossible.

We stayed in Ginger Lily with air. We like being in front of the property to see out onto the street.
My favorite addition - coffee pots!!! That was the only thing I had wished for on our last trip and was happy to see they were added.

Staff here is wonderful! Housekeeping, Wayne, Marshall and the office - always a smile and seem happy to be there. Anything you need, they are more than willing to help with.

Pool - love it! I felt like we were the only ones at the property at times.

Location - quiet area but plenty of places to walk to for drinks or meals. LTU across the street is very good. We really enjoyed Soupies this trip - very good food at reasonable prices.

And to save the best for last - Belle and Pumpkin. I can't believe I am writing a review on the property dogs - but they are the best part there lol. I bring treats from home and they are porch fixtures for our entire stay :)

If you want a quiet property, fantastic staff please try it out - you won't be disappointed.

Feel free to email any questions.

Room Tip: Rooms with air a little higher - but it's nice to turn on after a hot day.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank mamade11
Burlington, Kentucky
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The staff was amazing and the place was clean and comfortable. The electricity did go out for a day which was frustrating, but not under Catcha's control. The whole city had no electric. We payed extra for a room with air condition and it did not work for 2 of the 5 days that we were there. The pool was so relaxing and was a great escape! I will be back for sure.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kelly H
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My wife, 10-year old daughter and I really enjoyed our stay at Catcha. We stayed in the Fern Villa, which was basic, but very comfortable. It was very nice to lounge by the pool or sit on the porch outside our room. It is also very easy to walk across the street to restaurants on the cliffs, or to drive or cab to the beach. Everything that the other reviewers have said about the staff is true. I had a great conversation with Wayne, the groundskeeper and Marshall, the guard. When I left, I accidently left my keys at the hotel and flew back to the States. Shereece was great and arranged to send the keys back to me. For dog lovers, Belle and Peaches are very gentle and kept my daughter entertained every time she saw them. This is not a resort hotel, but if you want to experience real Jamaican hospitality, this is where you should go.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family