This was not my first time to Negril, Jamaica but it was my first time to Sandals resort. I stayed there July 29, 2011 through August 1, 2011. I have to admit that I did have high expectations of this resort due to all the reviews that I was seeing as well as the fact that Sandals is a well known hotel brand.
I loved the airport lounge. The minute we walked up to the lounge we were greeted with smiles and friendly faces. The lounge had complimentary drinks which included red stripe beer... yummy. After our hour long bus ride from Montego bay Airport, we finally arrived at the resort. As we walked in we were given champagne and a cool towel that smelled so refreshing. Ahh... this was an amazing start to my vacation. That was until I was taken to my room.
Apparently, my room was located on the older side of the hotel. Room number 3112 to be exact. It was a beachfront room but it was horrible. The room had a very damp feeling to it and upon my further inspection it had mold growing on the walls. The bathroom was so small and dark and had mold on the walls as well. The air conditioning was either too cold or too hot..... there was no happy medium. Also when the air conditioning was left on it would make the room feel more damp to the point where the floors would be wet with moisture. I was not impressed at all by this.
I could not stay in a room like this for 4 days so I went to the manager. I explained the situation and how I was not impressed at all by my room. Anne Marie (the manager on duty) was more than willing to help and very apologetic. She immediately showed me to a room that she thought may be more to my liking and it was. Once she got my approval on the room, she immediately had my bags transfered out of my old room to the new room. The new room was very spacious with seperate living and bedroom quarters and airconditioning units in both. It also had a much BIGGER bathroom which I was very happy about:) Thanks Ann marie! Also shout out to Mr. English for moving our bags so many times and being very happy to do so as well as showing us all the amenities in our room. As well as finding me some OFF bug spray when I desprately needed it. (Please remember to pack yours... there are alot of sand flies and mosquitoes, I was bitten pretty badly)
The beach was Amazing. Very warm and inviting. The water activities that are included in the all inclusive prcing were fun. Definitely do the glass bottom boat tour. There are numerous pools on the resort definitely take a swim in one... it feels so great!
What I liked least about the hotel was that there was no night entertainment. All the entertainment was always over by 10 pm or 11pm at the latest. After that, it was very boring if you decided to stay at the resort. Also the food was not great. I was hoping to get some real authentic Jamaican cuisine but they only offered this on certain days. I asked the Food and Beverage Manager about this and he was quick to tend to my wants :) He even made exclusively for me an authentic Jamaican dish of oxtails which was absolutely delicious. He also would call my room anytime they were serving something specifically from Jamaica and tell me to come down so I could have a taste! I thought that was nice.
Sundowner restaraunt was always a winner! The food their was delicious. And our waiter Michael was one of the Best. He was so friendly and willing to make sure that our experience was an excellent one. Thank you Michael.
Overall, what makes the hotel impressive in my book is the service. But for the money that you pay to stay here, I think the rooms could be better, the food could be better, there should be more entertainment, and the alcohol selection should be top notch. (How can you go to Jamaica and not have Appleton or Wray and Nephew Rum?) Good experience, but I probably wouldn't shell out this kind of money again for this particular resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Negril's pristine 7-mile white sand beach•Phenomenal bedroom oceanfront suites set upon a relaxing crystal lagoon•Ultra luxurious one-bedroom millionaire honeymoon suites with private plunge pool•Seven exquisite dining options•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa “Jamaica's Leading Hotel” (2nd consecutive year)•Five Star Diamond Resort, American Academy of Hospitality Science ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Negril Beach Hotel Negril
- Sandals Negril Beach Resort And Spa
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Negril Jamaica
- Sandals Resort