This was our 14th time to Sandals Negril and our 30th anniversary. We arrived at the resort and were welcomed home with warm smiles and lots of hugs. We had decided to pull out all the stops and book a butler category room ( loft suite) for two weeks. We love the location of these rooms as they are close to the dive shop and boat but these rooms could also use some updating and a bigger bathroom. Before arriving we had requested Jerry and Kenrick as our butlers and we weren't disappointed. These two men were always one step ahead of what we were thinking or wanting! We're not needy people but gotta admit it was sure nice to see one of them waiting for us with drinks in their hands when we got off the dive boat! And then there were the shrimp and cheese plates most afternoons. They even set up a private lunch from the chef ( LOBSTER!!) to have on our patio one afternnon. We definitely will request them both again!
The diving was awesome and the reef looks good- lots of new growth and lots of baby fishies. Water temp was about 85 at 100 ft, visibility great! The dive team here are some of the best around- Josh, Emron, Wayne, Kemar, Philip, Capt Hook - you guys rock!!!
We booked our trip through Amy McHugh of Dream Makers Vacation Services. We've used Amy for the past several years and it's always reassuring to know that everything will be taken care of by her. She's one of the top sellers for Sandals and is highly respected by them as well. And I'm sure she played a big part in us getting upgraded to the walk out river suites our second week there! Thank you again Amy!!!
We went off the resort one night to Ivan's at Catcha Falling Star- fantastic views and even better food. Dinners were around $22. each, drinks $5-6. Very romantic and private- excellent service. Food at the resort was great- best meal was at The Sundowner ( beef tenderlion), Kimono's never changes but good, Dino's just so so. The Monday night beach party was rained out both weeks but they moved it to the Bayside- lots of excellent food! We opted to attend just one of the returning guest dinners where we received our second free week cert! They are still giving out the El Dorado rum but it was hinted to me by one of the managers that Butch has been listening to what people are saying about that rum compared to Appleton's and there's a good possibility Appleton's will be back. No time frame was given but it sounded very positive. Keep your fingers crossed!!!
All in all, a fantastic trip and ready to do it again! Soon come
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Negril's pristine 7-mile white sand beach•Phenomenal bedroom oceanfront suites set upon a relaxing crystal lagoon•Ultra luxurious one-bedroom millionaire honeymoon suites with private plunge pool•Seven exquisite dining options•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa “Jamaica's Leading Hotel” (2nd consecutive year)•Five Star Diamond Resort, American Academy of Hospitality Science ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Ebookers, Travelbag, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Negril Beach Hotel Negril
- Sandals Negril Beach Resort And Spa
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Negril Jamaica
- Sandals Resort