Visited 1/28/13 for 7 nights. Very tired resort. Checked into deluxe beachfront room with butler service and was not given the floor that was requested through our travel agent and a pre arrival call from Sandals. Had to move the next day. First room's refrigerator was not working so all beverages were warm. In addition, the items we requested were not stocked.The food was average at best. Breakfast and lunch were better than dinner which was at best poor. Portions were small and the ingredients were low quality.The pools were not heated and the ocean was full of seaweed. Other beaches in the area were clean ,so this was a problem uniuqe to Sandals.
The resort is very narrow from front to back with a major highway bordering the property. Although our room was oceanfront, we had a 50 foot grass lawn between us and the ocean. Directly behind us was the highway which woke us each day to the sound of trucks ,cars and motor bikes.
The butlers were friendly and did what we asked.Since the resort was full, having the butlers gave us access to everything we wanted. We heard that it was sometimes difficult to get prime dinner reservations or pool and beach chairs from other guests without a butler.
We tried to make the best of it and the resort staff were friendly and accommodating.
In conclusion, be wary before you book this resort. We have enjoyed the Iberostar Grand hotels in many locations much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Negril's pristine 7-mile white sand beach•Phenomenal bedroom oceanfront suites set upon a relaxing crystal lagoon•Ultra luxurious one-bedroom millionaire honeymoon suites with private plunge pool•Seven exquisite dining options•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa “Jamaica's Leading Hotel” (2nd consecutive year)•Five Star Diamond Resort, American Academy of Hospitality Science ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Expedia, Prestigia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Negril Beach Hotel Negril
- Sandals Negril Beach Resort And Spa
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Negril Jamaica
- Sandals Resort