We returned for our 7th visit to Sandals Negril 12/05 through 12/12/13. They had just opened 1/2 of the Paradise Building the evening before our arrival. We were booked in a Conscierge Beach Front Walkout room so we were pleased when we were taken to one of the new rooms. The rooms in the Paradise building have been enlarged, taking what was previously the balcony and making it part of the room. For the 2nd and 3rd stories this means NO balconies. They now have "French balconies" which is about 6" of space after you open the sliders. For the walk-out rooms it means no outdoor space at all. We found this to be the most disappointing feature of the remodel as we enjoy sitting outside for coffee in the morning, champagne & sunsets in the evening. This option is gone. You can open your slider and there is a table & chairs inside the room but it's just not the same. Plus you have to fight the lonely peacock and cats who want to come in....! Our personal opinion is we would rather have less room space and still have the outdoor space. We stayed in room 5112. No place to hang wet swimsuits either.
Room service has been changed from 24 hours to 07:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Sandals Negril has a new Executive Chef who we believe has upped the menus quite a bit. Bayside's French menu was excellent. Also having the Sundowner open for lunch was a great option besides the buffett, grill & pizza. The lunch menu @ Sundowner included shrimp/crab quesadillas which are to die for!
We've always loved Sandals Negril and will definitely return. Just disappointed in no outdoor space on the walkout rooms.....major error IMO. Maybe next time Sandals does a major remodel they should possibly get input from a panel of returning guests or something to see what's important to have/not have in a room.
As a side note, we had already decided that if construction noise was an issue we would ask to be moved to another resort. They were working on the 2nd half of the Paradise block and other than the workers being there, we weren't bothered at all by any noise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Negril's pristine 7-mile white sand beach•Phenomenal bedroom oceanfront suites set upon a relaxing crystal lagoon•Ultra luxurious one-bedroom millionaire honeymoon suites with private plunge pool•Seven exquisite dining options•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa “Jamaica's Leading Hotel” (2nd consecutive year)•Five Star Diamond Resort, American Academy of Hospitality Science ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Negril Beach Hotel Negril
- Sandals Negril Beach Resort And Spa
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Negril Jamaica
- Sandals Resort