Everyone we met the first day of our honeymoon welcomed us "Home." We had a very easy check in sitting off to the side of the lobby with cool towels and rum punch, delivered by the concierge staff. Our Butler, Denae, checked us in as we chatted with other honeymooners arriving at the same time. She walked us around the resort to familiarize us with the property and took us to our room.
We stayed in a two story loft suite that overlooked Dino's, the Italian Restaurant, and the beach. We were not in our room much, but had no issues when we were. The room in general was a little outdated and could use some work to update it.
Our butler had arranged for us to eat dinner at Kimono's, the hibachi restaurant, on the night of the grand re-opening. We love hibachi and have nothing but good things to say about the experience. Expect a Jamaican-twist when compared to hibachi in the States.
Our Butlers, Denae & Denato, exceeded our every need during our stay and then some. They arranged our beach towels at the pool and saved our seats in the preferred seating of their choice everyday. They even walked the beach every morning and found us pool floats. They were few and far between at the resort, so luckily we had Butlers!! Sandals Negril's guests would benefit by adding more rafts to their resort, it was frustrating for other guests to miss out on them. We shared ours with some friends we met since you can not reserve them.
The main pool is where we spent most of our time through out the day. The pool bar was always filled with fun travelers and was always entertaining. I usually found a raft and spent my afternoon floating and catching some sun while the guys played volleyball.
We used our spa credits for a couples massage one afternoon and found it difficult to be motivated to do anything afterwards. This was my first massage and even though I had nothing to compare it to, I was hooked! The smell of the spa was refreshing and the locker room was spotless.
We took the Catamaran Cruise to Rick's Cafe and spent the afternoon dancing and hanging out with the crew. Smiley (a resort photographer who we saw often) even joined us and got outstanding photos of the whole cruise. Jumping off the cliffs was the highlight of the afternoon, aside from the flaming Bob Marley shots at the bar!
There are quite a number of room categories at Sandals resorts and it can get a little overwhelming when trying to pick the best one. Some have been updated, and some will be in the near future. Contacting someone who is experienced and knowledgeable is beneficial when choosing any resort and room. I'd be happy to answer any questions or concerns you might have. Dana - Ultra Tech Travel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Negril's pristine 7-mile white sand beach•Phenomenal bedroom oceanfront suites set upon a relaxing crystal lagoon•Ultra luxurious one-bedroom millionaire honeymoon suites with private plunge pool•Seven exquisite dining options•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa “Jamaica's Leading Hotel” (2nd consecutive year)•Five Star Diamond Resort, American Academy of Hospitality Science ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Travelbag, Odigeo, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Negril Beach Hotel Negril
- Sandals Negril Beach Resort And Spa
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Negril Jamaica
- Sandals Resort