“Best Vacation Ever”

Ranked #11 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Westborough, Massachusetts
“Best Vacation Ever”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Where to begin? We thought the opportunity to escape the New England winter was enough, but we also found ourselves in paradise. From the moment we arrived at Sandals Negril, we were treated as though we had come home (this was our second Sandals vacaction) and were family.

Kerri-Ann, Shavana and Davian from Club Sandals were incredibly helpful and checked in with us each day. Before arrival I had arranged a private dinner on the beach to celebrate my husband's birthday. When it rained on the evening we were supposed to have our dinner, Kerri-Ann quickly checked to see if it could be moved to the next evening. When it rained again the next evening ("liquid sunshine"), they moved us from the beach into a gazebo -- which was even better (Shane took the best care of us that evening -- such a delightful person). We also had notes in our room and a check-in at least once a day to make sure we had everything we needed.

On the day we were supposed to have our dinner, we also reserved a private cabana. Algero anticipated our every want and need that day and even thought of some things we hadn't -- it was a special day for both of us.

Each day started with breakfast at Bayside, where Kendra greets everyone as though they are coming into her home -- with a smile, kind words and hugs. She must work very long hours because she even sent an amazing chocolate dessert to our room one evening when my husband went looking for a "sweet" later one evening. She made my night!

One evening we opted for room service. A couple of nights later I mentioned to someone that I was a bit disappointed that my sandwich didn't come with the plantain chips that were listed. The next day, I had six bags of plantain chips in my room with a note from Geoffrey, from the room service staff. How can you beat that for service and paying attention to your guests?

And Leroy at the beach bar created a drink for me when I didn't want any of the sweet rum drinks any more. He called it a "You're Special", and I miss having them already.

Every member of the staff that we encountered (and it seems to be about two staff members to every guest) -- from the groundskeepers, the security guards on the beach, all of the servers, the managers and even the executive chef -- seem to really care and want to make sure that each and every guest has the best possible experience and enjoys their vacation. The weather was not the most cooperative while we were there -- but everyone at the resort worked very hard to make sure that all of the guests were well taken care of and had a good time even if we couldn't be in the sun.

We were able to try most of the restaurants while we were there and never had a bad meal. I think it may be worth the trip back just to get more of the pumpkin crawfish bisque I had . . .

To the people who have complaints I really wonder if they are ever able to be happy. I don't see how even the most hard-to-please person couldn't have an amazing time at Sandals Negril.

Room Tip: We were in the building next to the one being renovated and never heard any of the noise. I highly...
14 Thank Pamela C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,377)
  • Greek first
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My husband and I stayed in May 2013. The service was very personalized and impeccable! Food was outstanding and the chef even took special orders for us! We had a beachfront walkout, which was literally a step off of our front door. We have travelled all over the caribbean - Tobago, Antigua, St. Lucia, Cancun, Cozumel, Bahamas, Bermuda, Punta Cana, Aruba and more - this was the best beach we have ever experienced! Crystal clear azure water, warm and calm! Simply outstanding! We met some great friends that we are still in touch with and plan to travel with again. Loved our stay at this intimate luxury resort! Would definitely come back!

Room Tip: Get a beachfront walkout at the least and upgrade to butler service if you can afford it.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank cishma
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My wife and I just returned from a week at Sandals Negril. Minus the construction, the property is well maintained and very clean. We booked into a beachfront swim-up butler suite and were not disappointed at all. Great views from our room of the water and sunset. The staff are what truly elevates this resort above the other Negril resorts we have stayed at. Our butlers DeWayne and Basil J were always a quick phone call away if we needed anything at all. The butler service was nice, but certainly not a necessity. Our trip was truly made special by the entire staff at Barefoot by the sea. Nikisha, Faithlynn, Herfia, Rushell, Jeffrey, and Shane each brought repeated smiles to our faces throughout the entire week. These individuals always went above and beyond to make sure that we were completely happy every single time they saw us, whether we were dining with them, or just passing by. Thank you everybody for making our trip feel so special.
Bosk and Jen

3 Thank Bosk M
Wray, Colorado
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed at Sandals Negril, our very first vacation in 6 years, thanks Dave Ramsey! We treated ourselves to the butler 2 room suite and it was fantastic. Our butlers Sean and Denato did a wonderful job of arranging for our every need. The service was more than worth the price paid to upgrade. We are already talking about a return trip!

Room Tip: Chose a Butler Room if you can afford it, the Butler will more than pay for itself in time arranging...
2 Thank Nate1977
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We had a wonderful wedding and honeymoon. Jayne from Beach Bum Vacations helped my family and friends plan from beginning to end. She kept in contact with all of us over a period of 12 months and even when we returned. When problems or questions would come up Jayne was easy to get in contact with and very prompt in making solutions.
The property was fantastic and the wedding was beautiful. If we wanted to relax for the day or spend the day enjoying the many activities Sandals had to offer, we were never disappointed.
I would recommend this property to other friends and family.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
20 Thank Chastity J
Waynesville, Missouri
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This was our fourth year at a Sandals, our second time at Sandals Negril. Sandals Negril is absolutely amazing and our favorite! We stayed in the Caribbean Deluxe room category and loved it (Thank you Dian, our maid). We have booked this room category again for 2015.
I can't say enough about the staff. Many of them we now consider part of our Jamaican family. No matter your room category they made sure our needs and wants were taken care of.
Different member of the Management staff were out and about all the time while we were there. Edward, Hotel manager, you and your staff are wonderful. Oliver, Security manager, you have a wonderful security team. Misja, Executive Chef, Dank u for the wonderful food. Andre, property manager, everything and everyone on this property is just perfect. Warren, Soon come back, thank you!
Shavon, Kendra and Paulene at Bayside were always there with a smile and hug.
Chris, Rodine, Niclas and Ackeem just some of the bartenders at Sundowner Piano bar make the most incredible drinks, even when I asked them to surprise me.
Emile is part of the water safety team and always had a smile and made time to talk.
Barnes with security was so friendly and always had a hand shake and smile.
If you are looking for a Jamaican all inclusive vacation I highly recommend this property. The food and drinks are delicious. The 7 mile long beach is excellent for walking. The sunsets are the most beautiful we've ever seen.

Room Tip: We love the Caribbean Deluxe rooms facing the gardens. Our room was quiet, clean and well stocked...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank RebnJim
Pleasant Hill, California
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My husband and I visited Sandals Negril in June and booked a walkout room right on the beach. We didn't spend much time in our room, but it was comfortable and in a great location. We particularly enjoyed access to the water sports/activities…diving, paddle boarding, kayaking, tubing, etc. was all included (scuba diving cost extra). If we had to do it over again, we would have splurged for the butler rooms. We would definitely stay at Sandals again!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank CGO11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Sandals Montego Bay
Sandals Montego Bay
#9 of 62 in Montego Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,286 reviews

Been to Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!