Where to begin? We thought the opportunity to escape the New England winter was enough, but we also found ourselves in paradise. From the moment we arrived at Sandals Negril, we were treated as though we had come home (this was our second Sandals vacaction) and were family.
Kerri-Ann, Shavana and Davian from Club Sandals were incredibly helpful and checked in with us each day. Before arrival I had arranged a private dinner on the beach to celebrate my husband's birthday. When it rained on the evening we were supposed to have our dinner, Kerri-Ann quickly checked to see if it could be moved to the next evening. When it rained again the next evening ("liquid sunshine"), they moved us from the beach into a gazebo -- which was even better (Shane took the best care of us that evening -- such a delightful person). We also had notes in our room and a check-in at least once a day to make sure we had everything we needed.
On the day we were supposed to have our dinner, we also reserved a private cabana. Algero anticipated our every want and need that day and even thought of some things we hadn't -- it was a special day for both of us.
Each day started with breakfast at Bayside, where Kendra greets everyone as though they are coming into her home -- with a smile, kind words and hugs. She must work very long hours because she even sent an amazing chocolate dessert to our room one evening when my husband went looking for a "sweet" later one evening. She made my night!
One evening we opted for room service. A couple of nights later I mentioned to someone that I was a bit disappointed that my sandwich didn't come with the plantain chips that were listed. The next day, I had six bags of plantain chips in my room with a note from Geoffrey, from the room service staff. How can you beat that for service and paying attention to your guests?
And Leroy at the beach bar created a drink for me when I didn't want any of the sweet rum drinks any more. He called it a "You're Special", and I miss having them already.
Every member of the staff that we encountered (and it seems to be about two staff members to every guest) -- from the groundskeepers, the security guards on the beach, all of the servers, the managers and even the executive chef -- seem to really care and want to make sure that each and every guest has the best possible experience and enjoys their vacation. The weather was not the most cooperative while we were there -- but everyone at the resort worked very hard to make sure that all of the guests were well taken care of and had a good time even if we couldn't be in the sun.
We were able to try most of the restaurants while we were there and never had a bad meal. I think it may be worth the trip back just to get more of the pumpkin crawfish bisque I had . . .
To the people who have complaints I really wonder if they are ever able to be happy. I don't see how even the most hard-to-please person couldn't have an amazing time at Sandals Negril.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Negril's pristine 7-mile white sand beach•Phenomenal bedroom oceanfront suites set upon a relaxing crystal lagoon•Ultra luxurious one-bedroom millionaire honeymoon suites with private plunge pool•Seven exquisite dining options•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa “Jamaica's Leading Hotel” (2nd consecutive year)•Five Star Diamond Resort, American Academy of Hospitality Science ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Negril Beach Hotel Negril
- Sandals Negril Beach Resort And Spa
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Negril Jamaica
- Sandals Resort