“Vacation”

Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This was our 4th trip to Sandals Negril and we have never been disappointed. The staff is always so pleasant and helpful we can't say anything negative about anyone. Special thanks to Willie for singing Happy Birthday to my wife on her special day, Chris and the Sundowner Bar for his margaritas and Clayton for driving the boat for waterskiing. We stayed in one the remodeled rooms in the Paradise building and it was a nice upgrade from the previous rooms. Even though there was remodeling work going on in the other half of the building the noise never bothered us.
Looking forward to a return trip next year.

2  Thank cf20142014
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

We are so thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful vacation with us at Sandals Negril. It's great that we were able to meet your expectations the 4th time around. Thank you for continuing to spend your valuable vacation time with us and we're excited to welcome you again in 2015. Thank you so much for your great review!

Happy Travels!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,515)

Reviewed 26 February 2014

My husband and I just spent 6 days at our first Sandals Resort Vacation. This was hands down the best holiday we've ever had! We'd never been to Jamaica before and a family member recommended Sandals chain for us. What a great choice!
The resort is not huge which we loved. The staff really get to know you as a guest. We stayed in the Butler Suites, where Kendrick and Gerry helped us to relax for the week. We did have a problem with our first room, the Honeymoon Butler. Was as I had read, too noisy once traffic started in the morning. We were moved the next day to a fabulous room in the Sundowner Building!
The food all week was just fantastic! The drinks were delicious and name brand. All water sports included. We snorkelled and used the paddle boards.
We have been taking 4-5* all inclusive vacations throughout the Caribean for over 13 years and have never returned to the same resort. Before we left, we visited the Sandals Desk and booked for next year.
Interested??? Give it a go!

Room Tip: Any room in the Paradise Beachfront building would be great! Very very nice! We stayed in the Crys...
3  Thank daschielover

Thank you for your great review of Sandals Negril. We're so thrilled to read of your stellar experience at our resort. Not only did you enjoy every minute of your stay but our excellent staff showcased the true hospitality for which we are known.

We're excited to welcome you back for another amazing vacation!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

The Sandals Negril Beach Resort and Spa is overwhelmingly beautiful. My daughter and I attended a destination wedding, and it couldn't have been better. The resort has seven restaurants, so food is available 24/7. Only two of the restaurants (the Italian and Japanese restaurants) require a reservation, which the concierge is most willing to make. It was great to know what the trip costs before leaving, as it is an all inclusive resort. Even tips are included, but the service was so good I really wanted to tip. I was surprised at what all was included, even water sports like scuba diving and snorkeling, There was a glass bottom boat (included too) that we enjoyed for an hour's ride. We passed a school of starfish and one of the staff noticed a 6 legged one and dived in for it so we could take a good look before returning it to the water safely.

If someone likes to drink, this is the place to come. Mimosas are offered at breakfast and whatever liquid refreshment you want is available day and night. The virgin frozen drinks were also delicious. Drinks are offered to you while you're sunbathing on the beach. We rented a beachfront concierge room which came complete with a full bar - premium liquors and chilled wine, beer and champagne in the refrigerator. Coke and water was also available in the refrigerator. When you would drink something, it would be replenished. The room was very close to the beach. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I would highly recommend this level of room.

The staff were extremely accommodating and friendly. I would get a plate of food from the buffet and a staff member would take my plate, escort me to my table, pull out my chair and a few times place my napkin on my lap. I've never experienced this level of service before.

The only negative thing I can think of is that this resort is 1 1/2 hours away from the Montego Bay Airport, so it added a bit of travel time. On the way to the resort are extremely modest homes, which made me feel slightly guilty when I reached this "fantasy island" resort.

The fact that this was an adult only resort was also a plus. This was my first experience with a Sandals resort, and I would definitely go again.

Room Tip: Choose a beachfront concierge room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank 64PamS20

We're so happy to read that you had such a wonderful stay with us at Sandals Negril. We strive to create romantic and memorable experiences for our guests and I'm so glad we were able to achieve that goal during your stay. It looks like you had an amazing experience.

Thank you for your review. We can't wait to welcome you back for another great stay in the near future.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

This was our second stay at Sandals Negril over the last three years and on this trip we decided to do an upgrade and take advantage of the swim-up suites and butler service , just to enjoy a full service holiday in a Sandals location that we enjoyed so much on our last trip - and there were no disappointments . Our accommodation , we thought , was excellent . Spacious and kept in tip-top shape by a smiling and always cheerful Jacinth who looked after us very well during our stay . There were some small maintenance issues with the room ( ceiling fans not working properly ) but so minor in nature that it's hardly worth mentioning . The swim-up suites we thought were gorgeous and it was so pleasant to take advantage of the occasional breakfast or dinner on our patio . The butler service was superb and we can't express our thanks to Neisha and Myron enough . Two wonderful people who just couldn't do enough for us . A very special thanks to them both for making our stay special .
As gardening is a bit of a hobby with me , we enjoyed occasional walks through the resort , taking in the well maintained grounds and the variety of plants and flowers to be found . Once again , a special thanks to Augustus , the Landscaping Manager for the time that he took to pause and talk with us and answer my many questions - and an extra "thank you" to both he and Misja , the Executive Cheff for some special efforts on both their parts .
Restaurants at this resort were generally excellent and we enjoyed them very much - favourites being The Bayside , Cucino Romano and The Sundowner . Only one bad experience in regards to meals , when I received a very under-cooked meal at the beach bistro for lunch one day - but an instance that was handled very well with apologies and the offer of a replacement meal .
Only one word of caution that we'd like to pass along to others planning a stay at Sandals Negril in regards to the beach area - wear water shoes here when going into the water . No fault of Sandals , but there are MANY sea-urchins in the shallows and if you want to avoid the chance of stepping on one , a little protection for your feet in this regard is a good idea .
All in all , we had a wonderful time at Sandals Negril and would highly recommend it as a destination of choice . As always we think that Sandals' best resource is the people who staff the resort . Many thanks to you all , and a very special thanks to the following who went just a little beyond :
Kimberlee , Khadega , Natalie & Cleopatra - from the Gift Shop
Oshane - our Irish friend from the Sundowner
Big Papa - from Watersports
Thangefa ( TG ) - from the Photo Shop
Tovia - from Bayside ( and a VERY special thanks to her ! )
Wadea - from Bayside
Diallo - from Bayside
Natoya - from Bayside ( what a smile ! )
Omar - from Bayside

Thanks again to you all - see you next year !!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms 6110 and up for swim-ups best
5  Thank ddennis11

Thank you for your review. We're glad that you had a great time at our resort. Your feedback means a lot to us and we will use it to evaluate all aspects of our resort. We want to ensure that your next stay is an above 5-star experience.

Happy Travels!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Sandals Negril over New Years... and perhaps this contributed to the disappointing experience we had at this 'luxury, all inclusive' resort.

A little about us... we're really not that picky. And we've travelled a lot over the years, so we know when we experience good service. But everyone is different so please take our review with a healthy dose of salt.

The first thing that didn't go as planned was when we checked in and didn't get the upgrade we paid for. Since this was a super busy time - they had no beach view rooms remaining - even though we had paid for it back in Canada and had the receipt to show for it. So we were given a garden room, quite small and dated in every possible way. It was tucked far away from everything and when we arrived, it was clear that they had not finished cleaning it.

We dropped our stuff off, changed into warmer clothes, and like good Canadians, politely asked to have them check on it and we would be back later. And like a good resort should, they did, and all was well.

We were told to check in every other morning to see if the upgrade we paid for would magically appear... but after two mornings, we, as nice, accepting Canadians do, simply let it go and instead, just focused on more pleasant things. That changed when I called for room service on our second night and was told our room 'was not eligible for room service'. My polite demeanour turned decidedly less polite... and with some force and a couple of conversations, we received service to our room. Although, I hope it was not tainted in any way... if you know what I mean.

But as an advertised 'super all inclusive' resort... EVERY room should receive service, not some. And certainly not one that had paid for an upgrade we never received, only to be denied a basic service that 'lesser' resorts provide. Not cool Sandals, not cool.

The food, entertainment, drinks and beach were all good. Not great, but good. But perhaps because we paid a premium for the Sandals name, we expected to be pampered a little more than we did.

Overall... the property is nice, clean and presents 'okay' value. It is not an ultra luxury property, by any stretch though. For the money, the value was below average. But for those that haven't really done a lot of travelling, you might have a different experience based on lowered expectations.

With so many options out there - it's not likely we would choose to go back to a Sandals resort again... just based on the value we received. But we have a long life ahead with many more trips... so one never knows.

Hope this helps a little... enjoy if you go!

David & Mandy
Ottawa, Canada

16  Thank davidmandy1941

We regret to hear that we did not meet quite your expectations for service and quality. However, as hoteliers we realize that there is always room for improvement and feedback is crucial in this process so we thank you for your review.

We are always looking for ways to improve our resort to exceed the expectations of our clients. Since we are in a constant state of evolving our resorts and updating our amenities, I will be sure to send your feedback to the General Manager and relevant departments.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at this resort for our honeymoon in January of 2014. We booked a concierge suite. It was amazing! The service was top-notch and the resort was so beautiful. There was construction, but it didn't start until late morning and stopped way before we wanted to go to bed so it was never an issue for us. Every staff member was incredibly nice. Shashay and Kevin went above and beyond for us. I asked for a few candles to surprise my husband, and they snuck into the room, placed them around the room, and left chocolate covered fruit for us and towels shaped like swans. The restaurants were amazing! The most difficult part about the trip was deciding where to eat! There were so many activities available. I tried to attend the yoga class during one of the last days of our vacation, but when I got to the class, no one else had arrived. The instructor gave me a private lesson! Anywhere else would have cancelled! It was the best experience! The spa services are also amazing. One of the staff members heard me coughing, having caught something on the plane I'm sure, and suggested using the sauna with some eucalyptus oil. Cleared my cough right up so I was able to actually enjoy our trip! I highly encourage people to get a cabana for the day. There is nothing as peaceful as sitting on the water on those big pillows and being attended to every moment. We won our day during one of the concierge club parties, which is a good reason to definitely get a concierge room. They host parties every couple of days and they are always a great time! We had the perfect honeymoon and would definitely go back to this location again.

Room Tip: definitely book a walk out concierge room! They are worth every penny!
5  Thank Mallory R
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed at Sandals Negril from January 3rd to 10th, stayed in the base level room. We were very pleased with this room and would advise to disregard negative reviews concering this class of room.

Check in was smooth at 10pm and we were in our room within a half hour. Not knowing the dinner schedules we ordered room service and recieved it, however could not recieve it again the rest of the trip (must have felt sorry for us and our late arrival:)

Wifi cost me $50 for the week and worked great, I would recommend purchasing this package.

The resort grounds are fabulous, the beach is great and we found no problem getting loungers each day. Main pool was nice with great service from the bar staff. Special shoutout to Professor Dean or as I like to call him "The Dean Machine"

Our favorite bar was the one on the beach beside the pizzeria as Leroy and Esther kept us full all day everyday.

Our goal was to experience Negril and surrounding area, a walk of the seven mile beach is a must. The vendors can be pushy but a simple no and they leave you alone. Don't be fooled by vendors claiming their smokables are top notch as I inspected some beach bud and it couldn't compare to the herb I got at Orange Hill. Orange Hill is an excusrion not for the faint of heart, but to witness the Jamaican people in they're element was amazing and spent 4 hours drinking with the farmers before returing to the resort. YS falls is worth every penny as the landscape is breathtaking, the drive takes 2 hours each way but the scenery is fantastic. Also took a cab to Rick's cafe to avoid the delays of the catamaran cruise. Would recommend this mode of transport as you are on your own schedule and can roam as you please. Don't buy into the scare stories about tourists getting hurt jumping off the cliff at Rick's, me and my gal did it over and over again and it is an adrenalaine rush worth experiencing. Also made a short trip to the island off Sandals (Booby Cay) drank Red Stripe all afternoon and found the far side of the island to be the best photo spot on the trip.

The bar's are great at night, watched NFL wildcard weekend on the bar TV's and was amused by the fans from variouos cities in the US cheering on their teams, and disapperaing after they would lose.

Food was excellent and always served made to order, really liked this feature, just be sure to get the schedule down as there are periods where no food was available, once the schedule was figured out we had no problems.

The main lobby bar was amazing for night caps every night, special shout out to Sandra and Shaunette as they would make you any drink all night and even experimented with some favorite spirits we recommended from Canada.

All in all was very impressed by the Sandals culture and this resort we found to be the perfect size with areasonable amount of guests, can't wait to come back sometime

Room Tip: Obvious price difference for butlers, we spoke with guests who had butlers and they explained that t...
8  Thank phil w
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The Cliff Hotel
31 mi away
Sandals Montego Bay
Sandals Montego Bay
#8 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!