Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
US$670
US$313
US$193
  • Breakfast included
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$73
US$112
US$61
  • Pool
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$122
Travelocity
US$223
US$193
Firefly Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$1,313
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
5,746 results
All reviewsbutler serviceparadise buildingcucina romanabayside restaurantpiano barour honeymooncrystal lagoonbig papabutler suitesundowner buildingt boneclub levelsoon come back deskwater sportsred lane spamain poolcandlelight dinner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I recently went to Sandals Negril for vacation we had the best butlers anyone could ask for. Tavia and Dwayne provided service above expectations. Dwayne made my wife's birthday something to remember. He always seems to have a smile and is exceptional at everything he does. Tavia makes the best homemade lemonade anyone could ever ask and her decorations with hibiscus brighten up a room. Can't wait to go back.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Justin W
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

We're delighted to read that you had a fantastic stay at Sandals Negril. It's great that you enjoyed every moment of your vacation and your wife had an awesome birthday experience. Thank you for your review. We can't wait to welcome you back for more incredible experiences.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We arrived without incident. Airport pickup and efficient checkin. We met our Butlers, Keisha and Myron, (they work in teams) right away. They were efficient and completed our every request and beyond. They Resort itself is very well layed out and very close to the water. You are right on the water no matter where you are. Restaurants are very good to excellent in variety, food quality, and service. You receive a daily rundown sheet that tells you what is going on and notifies you what restaurants are open...here is my only criticism. I have no problem with not having every restaurant open every day....how ever, they need to tell you the schedule for the week so you can make decisions and reservations. We missed having our group go to one restaurant because of this. The staff is extremely courteous, smiling and greeting you at every instance, yes even the gardeners. Maybe it's just Jamaica, but I have never met such a universally pleasant and accommodating staff. This was a wedding trip (our son's wedding). but we stayed a full week as did a few of our friends as the bride and groom left for another Sandals for their honeymoon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 597RoyW

Thank you for your wonderful review of Sandals Negril. We're so thrilled to read that you had such an amazing experience with us. It's great to know that you enjoyed our awesome resort and the genuine hospitality of our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back for an even better stay in the future.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We recently stayed at Sandals, Negril for our WeddingMoon, from March 9-16, 2014. We had a group of 20 people in our wedding party.

When we first arrived into the airport in Montego Bay, we were very impressed with the airport arrival lounge and the staff there. They were very helpful and kind, taking our bags and offering us refreshments. The van transportation to Negril was also interesting and informative.

Upon our arrival at about 2:00pm at Sandals, Negril, we were seated in the lobby while we waited for our butler to greet us and take us to our room. While we waited (about 30 minutes) we were offered a drink. When our butler finally arrived, we were told that our room was not yet ready, and that our butler talked to my sister's butler and he would put our things in my sister's room and we could change there and go enjoy the beach, and our butler would come find us when our room was ready. Although I found this a little odd, it was fine except that I didn't get a butler phone right away, so our butler had a hard time finding us on the resort to let us know our room was ready.

We noticed right away how beautiful the beach was and how nice the staff was. The resort was large and the beach seemed endless! When our butler eventually found us, he took us to our room. We discovered immediately that the phone did not work, which made it difficult to get in touch with the rest of our party to let them know we had arrived. We also later discovered that the shower only had cold water and very little water pressure. For this reason (along with it taking so long to get into our room), the staff agreed to move us to a different room the following day, with an upgrade later in the week, and a refund for our first night's stay.

The "rehearsal" dinner was wonderful, the food was delicious and the service was great. The wedding coordinator, Giselle, was absolutely fantastic. She was so organized, listened to our desires, and with as many weddings as she probably organizes in a day/week, she made us feel so important - as though we were the only ones there getting married. I really appreciated everything she did, she was very sweet and helpful! Our wedding turned out to be perfectly beautiful.

The cocktail reception was equally wonderful, the staff member that helped with the cake cutting (I am so mad I don't remember many names!) had a wonderful sense of humor and made the cake-cutting and champagne ceremony enjoyable and memorable. Our dinner at Kimonos later that evening was the best hibachi grill experience I've ever had. Everyone in the group thoroughly enjoyed the entertainment!!

We had a morning/early afternoon in one of the beach cabanas, which I believe was one of my favorite parts of our stay. I loved the soft pillows and the waitress was wonderful. The staff also upgraded our room to a Millionaire Suite w/ Private Plunge Pool - and we thoroughly enjoyed that! Coffee served every single morning on our patio before we even awoke was absolutely wonderful!

However, a couple things that we were disappointed in...
Our butler service seemed to be lacking. We had to follow up with our butlers multiple times on things like spa credits, spa appointments, reservations, and things that I guess I expected to be taken care of in a more timely manner. I feel like I had to do a lot of work on my relaxing vacation, especially for someone that paid extra money for a butler-level stay. That's not to say that our butlers weren't wonderful people, Jerry and Kenrick I'm sure did what they could given the fact that the resort, in my opinion, had to have been short-staffed on butlers (just an assumption based on the service we received). I believe Jerry told us that he had 8 other rooms to take care of besides us (we asked him). The mid-level butler room that we originally booked was also sub-par in my opinion. This is based off of the price you pay for the room and compared to other resorts where you pay less money and have better accommodations. The overall butler-level experience has turned us off to ever wanting to book butler service in the future.

We also went to a Sandals event prior to booking our trip with our travel agent, which earned us a $250 spa credit to use on our vacation. Upon booking, we got whatever promotions they were running at the time, which included a couple's massage. Once we got to the resort, they told us we did not have a couple's massage, just the $250 spa credit. They told us that the spa credit we received for going to the Sandals event basically negated the couple's massage, which seemed petty and was very disappointing.

Sandals employees DO accept tips, and at times it seems almost expected. And upon returning I noticed the first night's stay was never credited to my credit card, which was just one more thing I had to follow up on that I shouldn't have had to.

Overall, the beach was beautiful, the millionaire suite was amazing, the food was superb (I'm still dreaming about Bella Napoli pizza), and our experience was good. I commend the resort on their ability to listen to their clients and make the experience an enjoyable one, including fixing anything that needs to be made right.

Thank you for the memories!

Room Tip: The Paradise room block is currently under construction (as of March 2014), but the rooms in that block are beautifully renovated. The Millionaire Suite w/ Private Pool is AMAZING. The Honeymoon Beachfront Butler Suite is nothing to write home about... it's nothing more than a standard room in my opinion, which isn't worth paying $5,000 for. The Swim-Up rooms are the best ones on the resort, so if you can afford this DO IT! :)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jena G

We're thrilled to read that you had a great wedding at Sandals Negril. We strive to create stellar vacation experiences for our guests. Therefore, we're disappointed to hear your comments about your butler service. However, we thank you for your feedback and take the necessary steps to improve our service. We hope to welcome you back in the future for a 5-star experience that exceeds your expectations.

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

We spent my birthday at Sandals Negril and it was amazing. The people that work in this resort all work together as a team from the housekeepers, grounds keepers, security, food service and butlers... And it shows. The managers of all departments are always speaking with guests wanting to know how your vacation is going and what they can do to make it even better. I do not have the names of everyone we were so blessed to encounter at this resort but there were smiles and kindness all around. This Sandals has the best and most attentive dive team you can find. Their Wedding moon department, especially Suen, makes every effort to go above and beyond so that every bride feels special. The spa is wonderful and so relaxing and Kadian does a wonderful updo that will last in the beach air. Their food and beverage service in ALL restaurants and private dinners is some of the best resort food we have ever eaten. The chef makes his rounds as well as the F&B Manager, Nana, to guarantee your meal is prepared to your liking. Our favorite waiter, Christopher, was so much fun and always brought laughter to the table. You always feel safe with the security around the resort, if you see Paul, he will have a smile waiting for you. Our Butlers were extremely attentive and always knew what we needed before we did. The dive team is truly a dive team as they all work together to provide you with the best experience... Barney, thank you for keeping them happy. Melissa and Regina.. You make the dive shop run so smoothly. Breaker, Josh, Wayne, Kemar, Emeron, Philip, Sanjay and Oclean??, I am sure I am missing someone.. There are no words to describe how wonderful you are. Captain... You are the best! You always know where your divers are at all times and safety first. Last but not least, the housekeepers... Can I bring you home with me?! Thank you and many blessings!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Stacy E

It's so wonderful to hear of your phenomenal stay at Sandals Negril! Our staff works very hard to ensure that the needs of all of our guests are met. We want everyone to feel comfortable and right at home with us. I'm so glad you enjoyed every moment of your stay. Thank you for your review!

We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Having just returned from our 3rd stay at Sandals Negril, I can’t believe a holiday to the same place can get any better! I previously reviewed this hotel a year ago after my last visit.

Our holiday really started when we entered the hotel with the staff offering cold towels and drinks to welcome us. We were then shown to the room by the lovely Christopher, whom we met last year. At this point I must not forget his colleague, the very chirpy Delroy, whom we first met 3 years ago.

On arrival we were unfortunately put in one of their old basic rooms as they were full, due to refurbishing half the block where we stayed last year. We were moved after a few days to a recently updated room, which was lovely and kept very clean by Kami and her colleagues. Before we left, we were able to see the newly renovated rooms, which are modern, bright and airy. They are due to update some more rooms later this year.

Most of the staff is still there, although there were inevitably some changes. There were a few new Playmakers, but they all gelled together to help make our holiday so great. I would like to thank Tashawne, Big Willie, Vanessa, Samantha, Aminah (Me Me or You You as we called her), Oshane, Oliver and Javed for giving us so many laughs and Laurie, who was holiday, but we met on our last day. These Playmakers work so hard to entertain us. Lovely Ricci, our Pool Attendant, didn’t let us down – get him to sing for you; he has a great voice! Ian, the Trainer, gets you going with his Aquasize or Yogasize in the morning and makes it fun. I must not forget to mention Big Papa who will fulfil all your boating needs, what a character!

We had treatments at the Red Lane Spa, which were lovely. I would like to thank Andrea for making me feel so good and Melissa on Reception for being such fun, together with the other ladies in there.

Don’t miss the Chocolate Evening, when one or two of the Playmakers are covered in chocolate (what else?); it is so well presented and has improved over the years. There was also a very good opera singer on stage that evening. The steel band are amazing, not to be missed as they dance as well as playing. We also enjoyed the Sandals dancers and their Burlesque evening, which was very entertaining.

Our thanks for making the holiday so enjoyable also go to Suzette, Associate Director of Food & Beverage; Warren, Gayonne & their colleagues on the Soon Come Back desk. Also to Keisha, Kendra, Carrie-Ann, Jeffrey, Christopher, Faithlyn and all the staff in the Bayside, Barefoot and Cuchina restaurants. A big “thank you” to Chef Misja for giving my husband his favourite food each evening, as he is a fussy eater! We must not forget the Reception staff who were so helpful and whose names I don’t remember, apart from Natatia, Natina and Dahlian (if I’ve got them right). Thank you to Kendra Johnson for organising our visit to the West End Early Childhood School. I took a selection of items they need that I found on their website to help. The children were adorable.

On another note, we find the clientele at this Sandals especially friendly and had fun chatting to people from different parts of Canada & the USA.

My husband is already talking about going back next year, so watch out for another review.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Suzi9

We're delighted to read about your great vacation at Sandals Negril. We're glad that you had such a wonderful return stay, and we thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon for an even better stay!