Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
US$164
US$99
  • Pool
US$193
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$69
US$120
US$61
  • Pool
Hedonism II(Negril)
US$767
  • Breakfast included
Negril Tree House Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$150
Xtabi Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$484
US$469
Bookit.com
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$78
Cancelon
5,791 results
All reviewsbutler serviceparadise buildingcucina romanabayside restaurantpiano barour honeymooncrystal lagoonbig papabutler suitesundowner buildingt boneclub levelsoon come back deskwater sportsred lane spamain poolcandlelight dinner
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 6 nights on our honeymoon in the Caribbean Beachfront Grande Luxe Club Level Room and elected to have concierge service.
For us, the resort was great. All we really wanted to do was hang out at the pool and beach, while having good food and enjoying some cocktails. We did plenty of that, as well as some snorkeling, glass bottom boat tours and we even went off the resort to a place recommended to us called Rick's Cafe-definitely recommend!
Concierge service includes a person who will set up any excursions you'd like to do (on and off the resort), as well as free Wi-Fi, and in room bar. We thoroughly enjoyed this service! However, they seemed to wake us up almost every morning fairly early (I'm talking 9a.m.) and we really just wanted to sleep in and hang out in our robes if we chose to do so!
The people at this resort, especially the "playmakers," are fantastic! They get everyone involved in drinking games, dancing, and just having a good time!
The beach was also a great part of the trip. We spent a lot of time out there. It did rain on us two days, out of the six that we stayed there, but the rest of the time was perfectly sunny. My only complaint about the beach is that its so close to some of the rooms and doesn't allow for much room in between chairs.
All in all, I think this is a great resort and would definitely enjoy coming back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tasiab89
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Millionaire Honeymoon One Bedroom Butler Suite with Private Pool...room and pool was nice, but we couldn't use the pool as planned because it wasn't private (see pictures) and it was too cold. Fortunately, the ocean was warm and the beach breezes were nice. Our butler service was helpful, but also frustrating at time. The van ride to/from the airport was long and uncomfortable, and unacceptable given the room price, and immigration took forever at airport I.e. it took us almost 4 hours to get from plane landing to relaxing in room. So...in my humble opinion, save your money on butler service and top end room, but pay for club mobay at airport to speed through immigration, pay for private transport to resort, and stay longer!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Joe B
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed at Sandals Negril from May 2-10. This was the last of the Sandals in Jamaica to stay at. I have to say, it is my least favorite of all the Sandals I have been to (In addition to all the other Sandals and Beaches properties in Jamaica I have also visited the Sandals in Antigua, Emerald Bay and Beaches Turks and Caicos).

Upon arrival I was lead to the main waiting area and my husband was brought upstairs. I tried to follow him and was told to sit down and have a drink. I am assuming that they were taking him upstairs to check us in (as though this is a 'mans' job) however, the reservations were under my name. Things got a bit confusing and the woman upstairs could not find our booking. He began to panic and become annoyed but after about 15 min, all was settled. We both found this a bit odd that of the other couples that arrived at the same time we did that we were the only ones they seperated

We were brought to our rooms and were very disappointed in the room. NO balcony - this was a first for us- and VERY small and dated. Closet was tiny and the drawer space was almost non existant. I am not a tall woman and I had to stand on my toes to even see in the one and only mirror in the bathroom. Water pressure was terrible. I have to say, these rooms are not up to the Sandals standards I have come to know and love. We asked to be moved to another room but were told there were none. With two days left to our vacation were were moved to a room that was dated (but had a balcony). We don't spend a lot of time in our room but after spending a week at Whitehouse, this was disappointing.

The beach is NOT a 5* and may be the worst beach I have ever been to (I would rate it a 2* and that is generous). I live on the East Coast of Canada and travel extensively and know what a good beach quality is - this is not even close to acceptable. The water was NOT clear and FULL of seaweed. All you could do was float in the water on a floaty IF you were lucky enough to get one. This was also another disappointing feature of the beach. The dreaded towel game..... At 6:30am almost all the chairs on the beach with shade were reserved and many of them were never occupied at all throughout the day. The sandals floaties were also 'reserved' under the palapas but again, we noticed that often the guest did not even come to these 'reserved' spots. If you were not able to get a flotation device, going in the beach water was pointless because walking through that seaweed was disgusting.... If you did get the nerve to walk the seaweed the ground was so slimy and even had a foul smell.

On day 2 at the beach the motor boats were having some issues and we had to move because the revving of the motors and the black smoke coming from them was terrible. We got 'smoked out!' We had to move or sit back and listen to the motors and inhale the black smoke - gross.

On day Four (day 3 we went to Beaches) the vendors they allow on site were parked inches from the chairs we managed to get. If I wanted to be on top of a vendor I would have went next door to the boardwalk. We didn't mind the vendors walking the beach, they were not a nuisance and pretty harmless, but those parked along the walkway between the pool and beach were! Again, Sandals markets themselves as a place to go and relax, this totally took away from our experience of feeling like we could read a book, relax or nap on the beach - how can you when you can't even recline your beach chair because the vendors chairs are literally touching yours.

Also in terms on the beach, the ground was rough and the beach was not very wide. We walked to Beaches up the beach twice and agreed that doing the 25 minute beach walk was the two best days we had! Had we known that we would have had to go to another resort to enjoy our trip, we would have booked Beaches and brought the kids.

I was also very disappointed that the two pools were very small. Again, perhaps the oldest and smallest pools I have been to. As with few chairs left on the beach this was also the case with the pool. Space was very limited and always taken or 'reserved'. This was also the worst pool I have been to at any of the Sandals resorts as well.

As for the service, this was the only thing that saved this resort. The staff there could not have been better. Saychelle at Barefoot's is incredible as was Norman at Cucina.

I LOVE the Sandals brand and all of my past vacations at the other resorts have been great. This resort has charm, you feel like you are in a beach town in Maine at night, but that is it. Not since my last trip to Cuba in 2008 have I looked forward to a trip ending. I wanted to leave on day 2.

Again, I LOVE the Sandals brand and can not say enough about them but this resort was anything but a week in paradise.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Michelle F
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for your review, Michelle.

We regret to hear that you did not enjoy your visit with us at Sandals Negril. We always strive to exceed the expectations of our guests, especially our return guests as they are already familiar with our high standard. Please accept my apologies for this not being the case during your last stay. We are grateful for all feedback, as it allows us the opportunity to identify our strengths and weaknesses. Therefore, your comments have been passed on to the General Manager for immediate evaluation and action as needed.
Once again, thank you for your comments. We hope that you will afford us a chance to regain our high standing with you during a future stay with us at one of our lovely locations.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

First off this is our third trip to a sandals resort. Have never been dissapointed before and the tradition continues. You gotta like it when most of the staff remember your name after only meeting you once before. As always the food is great and this resort being a little smaller had a great all around atmosphere. I usually participate in a lot of the activities and had a great time here with all the staff I played with. We would like to really recommend this resort as we had not a single complaint about anything here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I so wanted this to be the perfect spot for our annual spring trip, but I won't be back. The pictures and reviews made it look fantastic and there were some really high points, but there were other issues.

* the food was great, I stayed at another all-inclusive in Jamaica and the food was nearly inedible so I was pleasantly surprised. Breakfast was great....we loved the service and the greeting by the energetic Kendal each day.

* Word to the wise - book the Japanese and Italian resturant the day you arrive. You can book it for future nights.

*another tip - they do not have a nightly buffet except for Monday and I think Friday. The other nights the main dining is french -- which unfortunately was not very good.

*the room was clean and good temperature. It did not have a musty smell either, which we have encountered at other resorts. The shower was terrible. The water came out like a drip so bad I could barely get the soap out of my hair. Another minor issue was that there was no were no place to hang wet bathing suite. I had a garden view room and it did not have a balcony. When I called housekeeping to see if there was something I could use to hand our wet suits on they brought me up one hanger. They need more hooks in the bathroom or something.

*the service was excellent, but be faired warned, unless you have a butler you are not getting served drinks at the beach or at the pool. The good news is that since the beach was not that far for the bars, it did not bother us. But we are used to being served at the beach.

*chairs....same story as every all-inclusive we've been to. You got to get up early to save a chair. if you have a butler, he/she will reserve your chair. Another issue, was that butler saved a "beach spot" and a "pool spot" for their guest, so there were never any available chairs pool side.

*clientele - the good part was it was mostly couples, newly weds, etc. the average age I would say was 35 - 60ish. There were a couple weddings that brought in guests that were clearly not "couples" which this resort is geared toward. So one day we did have to move our chairs as a wedding crowd moved in next to us taking up 10-15 chairs, smoking cigars/cigarettes, getting drunk, and loud. I was hoping that at a Sandals this would not be the clientele. Oh well, it did not ruin our time, but I thought we would not have to deal with that at a Sandals.

*amenities - wonderful...I was so surprised at all that Sandals offered for free. We paddleboarded for the first time (I highly recommend it), we went tubing, we snorkeled, we went on the glass bottom boat - all included! It was so great to go snorkeling right from the resort, you have to reserve it but we never had a problem going, you picked up the boat right from the resort and could snorkel for an hour and be back to the beach! Excellent...the boat captain Reni was great!

* the beach - and this is where it all goes down hill. I was on 7 mile beach before, and while Sandals technically may be on 7 mile beach it is not in my opinion....it is in a 2 mile wide cove. Which is why we had tons of seaweed. When I was on 7 mile beach before it was a wide span of beach - the beach in front of Sandals is very small - not wide at all, in fact the water is feet from the umbrellas. It is very unfortunate. Also, going in the water was kinda gross. First you had to get through the seaweed, then you would get passed that and encounter sea grass on the ocean floor. you would sink in the sea grass and stuff would be moving around your feet....it was not good. In fact it was probably the worst beach I've been too. Also, I like to walk and thought that 7 mile beach would be good since it seemed like a row of resorts, unfortunately though, when you left sandals, the next spot over was a restuarant or something and immediately you would be offered dope, asked to buy their stuff, etc., just did not seem safe to walk any real distance. Another couple told us to try Whitehouse as the beach was supposed much better.

Overall - don't get me wrong it was a great resort, with great service, I just wished the beach was nicer and that the ocean was the crystal clear blue I know Jamaica has in other locations.

Room Tip: The second floor of the sundowner overlooking the ocean seemed like fantastic rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple