This was our 7th Sandals resort and our 4th in Jamaica
Let's start with the ride from the airport. It is at least a 2 hr ride from the airport on a good day, traffic in Montego Bay is not the best. We do enjoy seeing the island and the 2 hr ride is not the worst. On one other note, there was at least an hour long wait at immigration which we were able to walk right to the front of the line using Club Mobay arrivals. Took us less than 10 minutes
We arrived at the resort, given our cool towels and then brought up to Club Sandals for our check in and cold fruity drink. The process is pretty quick and we were escorted to our room
We had a beachfront walkout room which was very newly renovated. Room is decent size and I suppose my only complaint is there is no outside patio to sit and enjoy a cocktail. The cleaning service speratic at best. Never restocking supplies and sometimes not cleaning room till after 6 pm.
The beach is where we spent the majority of our time. Be sure to take an early walk and reserve your oceanfront chairs, after 9 am and your out of luck. There is a steady stream of local vendors that walk up and down the beach but they do not hound you and security is very close behind watching there every step. The water is nice and warm,clear, and unfortunately grassy. About 15-20 feet from shore the seaweed starts, it would be nice to have soft sand throughout the roped in area. I seem to read a lot of complaints about the narrow beach, and it is a little narrow but plent long and room for all.
The food at this resort was my least favorite out of all the resorts, don't get me wrong, it had its high points but overall it was of less quality and fewer choices of the other resorts. Our favorite was the Italian and the sundowner. One of our biggest disappointments was the Sandals Select returning guests dinner which is usually the highlight meal of our trips. This meal was not. Very uninspired meal, think they gave us half a fatty steak tip and a fish stick. But the management team was awesome and was very happy receiving our gold sandals for our 56th paid night. They also offered a nice rebooking deal which we pounced on.
So many reviews said there is no entertainment at Sandals Negril, and this was not true at all. Every night there was a show, which were all pretty good with the best being the steel drum band which was awesome, best show out of all the resorts
Finally, the service. This was the best we have received out of all of the resorts. They must study your picture because everyone knows your name. Everyone is so eager to do anything for you.
I would return to this Sandals, although, we do try a new one every year and at the rate Sandals is adding resorts, it may be awhile
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Negril's pristine 7-mile white sand beach•Phenomenal bedroom oceanfront suites set upon a relaxing crystal lagoon•Ultra luxurious one-bedroom millionaire honeymoon suites with private plunge pool•Seven exquisite dining options•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa “Jamaica's Leading Hotel” (2nd consecutive year)•Five Star Diamond Resort, American Academy of Hospitality Science ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Booking.com, Prestigia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Negril Beach Hotel Negril
- Sandals Negril Beach Resort And Spa
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Negril Jamaica
- Sandals Resort