“Service is Negrils speciality”

Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #11 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This was our 7th Sandals resort and our 4th in Jamaica

Let's start with the ride from the airport. It is at least a 2 hr ride from the airport on a good day, traffic in Montego Bay is not the best. We do enjoy seeing the island and the 2 hr ride is not the worst. On one other note, there was at least an hour long wait at immigration which we were able to walk right to the front of the line using Club Mobay arrivals. Took us less than 10 minutes

We arrived at the resort, given our cool towels and then brought up to Club Sandals for our check in and cold fruity drink. The process is pretty quick and we were escorted to our room

We had a beachfront walkout room which was very newly renovated. Room is decent size and I suppose my only complaint is there is no outside patio to sit and enjoy a cocktail. The cleaning service speratic at best. Never restocking supplies and sometimes not cleaning room till after 6 pm.

The beach is where we spent the majority of our time. Be sure to take an early walk and reserve your oceanfront chairs, after 9 am and your out of luck. There is a steady stream of local vendors that walk up and down the beach but they do not hound you and security is very close behind watching there every step. The water is nice and warm,clear, and unfortunately grassy. About 15-20 feet from shore the seaweed starts, it would be nice to have soft sand throughout the roped in area. I seem to read a lot of complaints about the narrow beach, and it is a little narrow but plent long and room for all.

The food at this resort was my least favorite out of all the resorts, don't get me wrong, it had its high points but overall it was of less quality and fewer choices of the other resorts. Our favorite was the Italian and the sundowner. One of our biggest disappointments was the Sandals Select returning guests dinner which is usually the highlight meal of our trips. This meal was not. Very uninspired meal, think they gave us half a fatty steak tip and a fish stick. But the management team was awesome and was very happy receiving our gold sandals for our 56th paid night. They also offered a nice rebooking deal which we pounced on.

So many reviews said there is no entertainment at Sandals Negril, and this was not true at all. Every night there was a show, which were all pretty good with the best being the steel drum band which was awesome, best show out of all the resorts

Finally, the service. This was the best we have received out of all of the resorts. They must study your picture because everyone knows your name. Everyone is so eager to do anything for you.

I would return to this Sandals, although, we do try a new one every year and at the rate Sandals is adding resorts, it may be awhile

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was our first visit to a Sandals and it was amazing. Words can not describe how beautiful the resort was. We went for a friends wedding and it was beautiful. The butler service was more that I could have dreamed of. Our butler was Denato and he went above and beyond in every way. I felt like royalty every day. He thought of everything even before I knew I wanted it. He always had drinks and amazing meals ready. We went scuba diving and he was waiting when we returned with an amazing fruit water on the beach. We had a large group for the wedding and he went above and beyond making sure everyone in the party was taken care of, making sure we always had chairs together on the beach and a cooler stoked at all times. More than anything he was a great person and I hope to come back again. My advice would be to request Denato if you have butler service. You will not be disappointed!!! I can't imagine a vacation that will ever come close to this one. It was perfect. We had a private dinner on the beach that was beautiful. The food was good overall but Cucina Romana is a must!! One of the best meals I have had EVER. Christopher was our waiter and he was hysterical. He had us laughing the entire time. The service was great. Sandals Negril is truly worth every cent!!! I can not wait to return.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed @ Sandals Negril 6.6.14-6.13.14 and felt like royalty. Started in beachfront village, 1st floor concierge suite, then given surprise upgrade to the 2-story beachfront rooms with balcony.

Came to Sandals expecting a great experience, but the staff members took great to EXCEPTIONAL!!! From the moment we arrived, the smiles and friendly greetings were endless. Everyone wanted to know about where we were from, why we were visiting, and if it was our 1st time in Jamaica. The personalized attention we recieved lasted throughout all hours of the day--everyone inviting us to loosen up, participate in the entertainment, try all the watersports, and soak up the cool Jamaican vibe. Honestly, we never expected the level of luxury we recieved.

Some highlights include:

Snorkeling with Gregory and Renee. They were enthusiastic and informative. Gregory came off the boat and found all kinds of crustaceans/puffer fish/and beautiful sea life to show us. We grew fond of Gregory as the week commenced, as he paid us a personalized visit on his way back to the watersports complex one day. Asking all kinds of questions about our home and our lives-really engaging with us and offering his own personal anecdotes to broaden our perspective on the Jamaican lifestyle.

Water skiing off the beachfront with a 'first timers' crash course from Devon, Carlton, and Barney. All 3 of them were patient, encouraging, and made the experience exhilerating. Both my husband and I "got up" with a few tries and the ride was breathtaking. Skiing 1-handed by the end of both of our turns, I would've gone everyday had I started earlier in the week.

Poolside/Nightlife entertainment was INCREDIBLE! Javid, Willie, Oliver, Laurie, and Aminah are soooo fun and flirty in all the right ways. They NEVER stop smiling, and their quick wit lightens any mood. Also, if you want a real treat, be sure to ask Willie to sing his version of "I Will Always Love You" at karaoke. If you close your eyes, you'll likely believe it's Whitney Houston afterall!

The room servers and wait staff were also phenomenal-offering 2nd portions of any cuisine you prefer, and encouraging you to 'over' order if you want to try something new along with your favorite comfort entree. A shout out to: Napoleon @ Kimonos ("FRIED RICE"), Ashadee & Sofia & Sandra @ Bayside, Kerry-Ann ("the Alchemist") & Christopher & Fabio @ Cucino Romano, and to Kerry-Ann the omelet maker (we saw her daily) plus the sweet young man making all the smoothies (sorry I didn't get your name)...you were all sososososososo great!!! Also, Donhae and Omar @ the beach cabanas were attentive and sweet--making you feel at ease with constant pampering.

I had a "pink eye" scare one night, and Samantha the nurse examined me. I was so worried (as I get it very often and easily), and she put me at ease, explaining all of the procedures and costs that would apply if, in fact, it was pink eye. She advised me well--it was very late in the evening, so I decided to sleep and see the MD in the morning if it hadn't improved. Turns out that my eyes were crystal clear the following day (probably irritated from the salt water, as I came to learn over the course of the trip), but I was so glad to meet such a friendly caregiver so far from home.

We had massages @ Red Lane this morning before leaving. The spa opened an hour earlier than normal to fit us in, and Kerry-Ann and partner (OMG, I'm sooo upset I forgot your name) came in early and gave us THE BEST massages we've ever had (hands down--and we get them pretty regularly). Odecia--thank you also for coming in early for us :)

Last but not least--to our AMAZING concierge staff--we are EVER GRATEFUL for all of your attention, guidance, and assistance with helping us plan our week and fully grasp all the amenities that the property and our 'package' had to offer. Portia, Kenessa, Courtney, & Clive provided constant attention without over imposing or making us feel obligated to take their suggestions. Kenessa--we'll never forget our private wine tasting--it was so much fun and very informative (also done very 'proper' and we felt like royalty)...remember "if the legs are skinny then it must be blonde" :)

BUT---aside from the luxurious accomodation, fabulous food and drink (and it was ALL fabulous), and friendly faces---our trip could be single handedly credited to one person. She made all of our unique dining/cabana and room accomodations even more luxurious than we'd ever expected. She introduced us to many 'key' players, kept us under her wing, paid us a few visits throughout the day, and really put all of her heart into making our experience one that we will remember forever. For the romance, attention to detail, and loving care you gave us all week--we can't thank you enough. WE LOVE YOU KERA!!!!!!!!!! We hope that Sandals takes extra special care of you-you deserve it...you represent all of what separates Sandals from other all-inclusive resorts....EXCELLENCE. Kera--you're the reason we've already booked another Sandals trip in 2016. We hardly ever get to travel, but we plan to make the finances and planning work for the next 24 months so we can experience this level of luxury once more. Not sure that anyone will exceed or even meet Kera's standard--and we're still feeling so fortunate to have had her as our concierge.

Sitting in the MBJ airport now....getting ready to board and trying not to tear up. Much love to all our new friends. We'll keep you in our hearts and memories forever.

6  Thank 634meredithc
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Hello and thank you for your great review of Sandals Negril, Meredith!
It is top priority for all that work at Sandals to give each guest the vacation of their dreams and we can see that this commitment was apparent during your stay with us! The staff members are some of the kindest people and are motivated by seeing the guest's reaction to the small, considerate gestures they make daily. Reviews like this certainly reflect their efforts and we thank you for your kind remarks! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I don't know where to begin! We had 8 couples join us for our wedding and each had different category of rooms. I was pleased with each of them. I do feel ours was the best, we had the Crystal Lagoon room upstairs. Our view was beautiful and we had the absolute best Butler Denato! Two other couples had the please of his service as well but he took care of 18 of us. We always had drinks, food, whatever we needed or wanted. We barely used our phone to call him, he just always showed up withsomething for us. It was like he just knew what we needed. We have never experienced butler service before but I can say he set my expectation high. We also got to know him, heard about, saw pictures of his family. I felt like he was part of our family. He made my wedding day extra special. I actually cried when we had to say goodbye. The entire staff at Sandals Negril was amazing. Each one was friendly, called you by name. Kendra seated us every morning for breakfast with a hug and smile with that crazy laugh. The food was great too! I honestly have nothing negative to report. We will be back, we just want see some more Sandals and Beaches locations. Thank you sooooo much Sandals Negril for making my WeddingMoon all I could ask for!

Room Tip: Crystal Lagoon suites are beautiful. They are down ag the end, very quiet, nice pool out front with...
3  Thank Courtney E

Thank you for your review, Courtney!
We are ecstatic to hear that you had such an amazing time at Sandals Negril! We are so honored to have hosted your Weddingmoon and to hear you had the perfect big day! The resort serves as the perfect setting for such an event and I am sure you have many cherished memories there. We always want to make these special occasions extraordinary and I am so proud that our team did an excellent job!
We wish you the best and look forward to seeing you in the near future! :)

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed here for our honeymoon back in October of 2013. Why I am just now writing a review I am not sure?! I cannot say enough good things about this resort! The food, the service, the drinks, the all inclusive activities, the friendliness of the staff, the pristine rooms, THE VIEWS & SUNSETS!! Any time my hubby & I go on vacation now, we will be staying at a Sandals resort. They give you the best "bang for your buck." We have been to other resorts & this one sticks out in my memory by far, & not just bc it was our honeymoon ;) You cannot go wrong with this place, a seven mile long beach & the entire staff just making you feel so welcome. My husband had several of the guys calling him by name & coming to talk to us every day multiple times a day. Just a friendly as can be. They aren't lying when they say the Jamaicans are so friendly. I cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the swim up lagoon suite with a butler on our stay. Any of the swim up lagoon suites ar...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Austyn E
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is our second trip to Jamaica but our first staying at Sandal's Negril. While not as big as the resort in Ocho Rios we'd gone to before, we found it was just perfect. The beach was right outside our door and always pristine. It's not the fine white sand we have here in my neck of Florida, but the water and the view was certainly exquisite. The cabanas were really taken care of and while often reserved for couples that never used them, were nice when we did find a few that weren't taken. To be honest, we spent much of our time at the main pool and it's swim up bar. The playmakers kept things interesting and there were always games and activities to partake in if you wanted too. Aminah and Princess were probably two of the more memorable ones we met. Overall it was a nice relaxing trip. The room was well cleaned and well taken care of. Room service was prompt and maid service was spot on. They actually came about 3 times a day, once to clean, once to turn down the bed, and once more to just check if we needed anything. The Club representatives, Kera and Owen, were extremely helpful although sometimes hard to find :). The pool was a bit over chlorinated, but better over than under I personally think. The lagoon pool seemed to stay a bit cloudy but we rarely went down that way. All the restaurants were very nicely done and the food was excellent. Our favorite was the Sundowner.

Only complaints we had:

The glassbottom/snorkeling boat captain was a bit snarky and rude to my husband. We got the impression that he didn't exactly want to do the last trip of the day.

The gift shop attendants were rather rude and on the day we left, didn't even bother showing up for work. I had to get the manager to open it 20 min late to get a last minute souvenir.

Other than that, I would definitely recommend this Sandal's resort to anyone who likes All-Inclusives. Everyone else was super nice and friendly, the service was great, and it was a very nice stay.

Room Tip: I would definitely pay extra to get a club room. Room service was very nice and the representatives...
4  Thank CasieJW
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We got married at Sandals Negril on 6/5/14. We arrived on 5/31 and stayed until 6/8/14. I must say, this has been the best vacation, wedding, honeymoon of my life. You are treated very special at the Beach & Spa Resort, everyone knows your name and wants to make sure you are having a good time. We had the butler service, which is wonderful. We didn't use it as much as we should have, next time we will (Live & Learn, right). I loved everything about our trip (hotel, room, view, DRINKS, food, service, landscape, ocean, people, entertainment, etc). The Booze cruise was a blast. The only negative thing I have to say is it gets very humid --- but no worries as there is airconditioned areas. I want to give a big thanks to the following people who made our trip so enjoyable and unforgetable: Trudy, Denato, Faith, Christopher, Juliet, Maxine, the chef Charlene, Dean, Andrew, Omar and all the lovely people we met along the way. Sandals Jamaica we will be back.

Room Tip: Rooms with the butler service are the best in my opinion,
2  Thank Sue F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Jamaica by Karisma
Couples Swept Away
Couples Swept Away
#14 of 80 in Negril

Been to Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!