This was our third visit to sandals Negril. We hadn't been anywhere else, we have always had a good vacation here. We booked a 2nd floor room in the Sundowner. The same as the prior two years. Last year we were upgraded to a swim out suite as a surprise.
Good points - fantastic facial at the Red Lane Spa as well as our couples massage.
Great butlers - Neisha and Myron, as last year. Great food, great time at all the restaurants. Even visited the italian restaurant twice and upgraded our wine selection 4 times; which I now regret after seeing how high the mark up was.....yes, buyer's remorse.....
Had a great time snorkeling, didn't do any excursions this year, wanted to just relax
Met several wonderful couples. We have to give strong marks for all the staff involved, except the gift shop. Everyone, including the maids, groundskeepers .waiters/waitresses, bartenders.....everyone will make eye contact and speak....something we do not see in the U.S. Customer service is very important and Sandals Negril nails it without a doubt!
Couple of BUTS......the ski boat was out of commission for the majority of our trip, we do like to ski and tube. We wish the swimming areas of the beach could be cleaned out of the seaweed to make it more enjoyable. Side note, husband stepped on a sea urchin.....he saw the nurse on duty and she promptly called the doctor to remove the stingers. It was costly, but the quick and on site medical attention is commendable.
I too wish I had written down everyone's name who we interacted with to give them due mention....Kendra and the morning staff at the buffet was always welcoming. There were staff members we recognized and those who recognized us from the prior two years....that was very special.
Two disappointments....since Sandals ask if we were celebrating a special date, we were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary (October), however, we did not have anything special done. Some couples received cakes or decorated door mats..... We also did not receive an upgrade. After our upgrade from last year, we assumed we would have one celebrating our anniversary. Even though our anniversary was 4 months away, we are unable to travel at that time and planned to celebrate in Negril.
Our room was very nice, great air condition, which is important! I wish I knew the name of the lady who cleaned our room, she did a wonderful job! We did rebook for next year....we love the customer service
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Negril's pristine 7-mile white sand beach•Phenomenal bedroom oceanfront suites set upon a relaxing crystal lagoon•Ultra luxurious one-bedroom millionaire honeymoon suites with private plunge pool•Seven exquisite dining options•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa “Jamaica's Leading Hotel” (2nd consecutive year)•Five Star Diamond Resort, American Academy of Hospitality Science ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Negril Beach Hotel Negril
- Sandals Negril Beach Resort And Spa
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Negril Jamaica
- Sandals Resort