We stayed at Sandals Negril July 4-12, 2014. This was our 8th Sandals stay in Jamaica, but our first time to Negril.
We stayed in the Honeymoon Beachfront Butler Suites in the Palms Buildings. These rooms are not actually beachfront, but have a wonderful view of the gardens and ocean. We loved the large balcony, which we thought of as more of a "front porch" to these rooms. The room was very spacious and laid out well. We really liked the vaulted ceiling of our 2nd floor room. While the room was well-furnished, it could use some updating and maintenance. The sink and shower were slow to drain, the floors needed a thorough scrubbing, and the decor was a bit out of date. It was also somewhat dark in the room, with the only windows being at the door leading to the covered balcony. Even with all the lights on, it was difficult to see well enough at night to apply makeup. There was also quite a bit of noise from traffic on the main road and the nightly entertainment, but due to the size and layout of the resort, I doubt this room category is the only one affected by this. With that said, this is the room we would want to stay in again if we returned, mainly because of the view, large balcony, and central location on the property.
The beach is very important to us when choosing our vacation. This stretch of beach is not the best that Negril has to offer, but was long enough for great walks and jogs, with calm and clear water. There is some seaweed in the water, especially on the end where the watersports are located. While this wasn't a problem for us, it was a bit disappointing that the water wasn't deep enough for swimming. We spent our days on the beach at the end in front of the river suites, where the beach is the widest and more spacious for private lounging.
We were very impressed with Sandals security on the beach. One of the reasons we haven't previously vacationed in Negril is because of the stories of shady characters and pushy vendors on the beach. The security officers here were very attentive to this and were quick to respond if they thought someone was lingering on the Sandals section of beach too long.
We found the dining at this resort to be on par with other Sandals and especially liked that the dining options were mostly right on the water and beach. The service was great at all restaurants at all times of the day. Our room service orders were always prompt and consistent as well.
Most reviews for this resort mention how great the staff is and we totally agree. Everyone was friendly and went above and beyond to make sure that all guests were happy and had everything needed. I'm not even going to list names because everyone was so great that it would be unfair to leave anyone out. Our butlers were amazing, fulfilling our requests and anticipating our needs, taking care of little details so that we could relax even more.
The weather for July was hotter than we've experienced on previous trips at the same time of year. It seems that the winds are calmer here, which may have contributed to that. There was a few minutes of rain each day, but the sun always popped right back out and activities resumed.
Though it's not our favorite Sandals, Negril ranks near the top and we would not hesitate to return someday. Before then, though, we would like to see the Palms buildings renovated to match the quality of the Sundowner building and newly renovated Paradise building. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Negril's pristine 7-mile white sand beach•Phenomenal bedroom oceanfront suites set upon a relaxing crystal lagoon•Ultra luxurious one-bedroom millionaire honeymoon suites with private plunge pool•Seven exquisite dining options•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa “Jamaica's Leading Hotel” (2nd consecutive year)•Five Star Diamond Resort, American Academy of Hospitality Science ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TravelUp, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Negril Beach Hotel Negril
- Sandals Negril Beach Resort And Spa
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Negril Jamaica
- Sandals Resort