“Our home away from home”

Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #11 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We have been coming to this sandals since 1993. Every year in January since 1993 we have been to sandals Negril. The people, the place and the comfort is why we keep coming back. There is so much variety that you may never be able to decide which meal you like the best. We arrive and the people who work there that know us are there to greet us. The hugs are a real feeling of coming home. You will never go wrong staying at Sandals Negril.

Room Tip: Negril is about an hour and a half from the Montego Bay airport, but once you get there the peace an...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (5,657)

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My husband and I traveled to Negril 7/12-7/16 for our yearly vacation. It was my first visit and my Husbands third to Jamaica. Took a flight into Montego Bay Airport. Upon arrival to MBJ airport we were transported by a taxi to Negril which took an hour and a half from MBJ airport. This hour and a half trip to Negril was great. Traveled through other small towns of Jamaica which was like a small tour to me, the Taxi driver was pointing out a lot of popular places as we traveled to Negril. Once we arrived to Negril for our stay at the Sandals, we were greeted once out of the taxi. We had reservation to stay in the Paradise Beachfront Village first level,the walk out to the beach was like 15 steps your on the beach. The view was beautiful from our suite....watching the sunset was great and romantic. The suite was nice size and nice. AC was not provided in the bathrooms...which I did not enjoy or like. The Food on the resort was different, which what was expected because different culture. The resort offered 8 choice to choose for eating, the best for me was Kimonos, Tantalizing Teppanyaki specialists in a beautiful Oriental setting, reservation only and evening attire. The food at Kimonos was great as well as the service. Plenty of Bar's :) my best was the Piano Bar...were my husband and I really like the bar tender JASON. He was fresh on the block(new employee at the time) but he was great....needed more bar tenders with the most great attitude JASON had. We Visit with the Red Lane Spa for couples spa treatment. Service was okay. I like the fact of the resort having an daily Entertainment Highlight newspaper, which let you know what was going on for the day, this is really how we were able to know what was going on at the resort. Glad we didn't get the butler service would of been a waste,butler service is great if you plane to stay in your room most of the time why at the resort. We did have concierge service that did come in handy for special request. The service was great over the entire resort. My husband and I both agreed we would visit the Negril resort again. Also thanks to Donovan & Keneisa Club Sandals Agents
for the chocolate covered bananas. They were great!!!!!!

Room Tip: Paradise Beachfront Village First level.
3  Thank Delicia W
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We had a blast at Sandals Negril..first time in Jamaica and we can't wait to go back. Fancy Bobby, Big Poppa, and Big Show were the best! Awesome jerk chicken and snorkeling . Private boat ride to Rick's Cafe and the caves was a highlight and also night snorkeling was awesome! Security always on beach in front of sandals . We stayed in the newly renovated paradise honeymoon suite with great ocean view. Only real complaint other than the pizza lady was leaving! Already saving for next year lol

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank R011T1DEROLL .
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We just got back from our honeymoon and everything was amazing. Food and drink were abundant and great. Lots of top shelf liquors included. Special thanks to our butler Myron, Kendra (hostess at buffet), Cheson and Michael at the piano bar and Tovia, one of the waitresses. A lot of the staff here will go out of their way to make your vacation special.

The watersports are all included and the equipment is all very new. We took out the paddle boards for 2 hours every day and there was never a wait to get them.

The butler service was good but it can vary a lot depending on your butler. Some of them really go out of their way to make everything great where as others just go through the motions. I don't think I would do it again. The beach is never too busy so even at noon there are still a lot of open loungers under umbrellas. Same with restaurants. This resort just isn't big enough to justify the extra cost. We literally used our butlers once a day to get us tables for dinner. The only perk is they get all the best tables in the house so you get to sit right on the ocean with the great views.

I don't think there is anything I would change about our trip or our experience. Oh! When you get to the airport skip the bathrooms until you get your suitcase and clear the final part of customs. Sandals has a beautiful lounge in the airport with alcohol, snacks and great bathrooms.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank thumbz01
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We were at Sandals Negril from 7/6-7/13/14. We went for our honeymoon. We were looking for a laid back relaxing honeymoon. That is exactly what we got. We were greeted with a welcome cocktail by Patrice, who did an excellent job setting us up quickly with our room and making us feel welcome. Our stuff was brought to our room before we even got there. We were then met by Shawnette and Elisabeth at the main bar. They remembered our names throughout our trip and made a great drink. It meant a lot that the staff seemed to want to get to know you and were very personable. We quickly met Willie and Oliver at the pool. They are both very funny entertaining guys. Willie tried to jump behind the bar to entertain us and make a drink. He was terrible at it but it was very funny! We even got to hear about his supposed girlfriend from a few years ago when he was much skinnier! Oliver was funny as well and told us how he always tells people hes from texas for some reason. Either way these two always made the days and nights fun. Between that and the all white chocolate party, and beach party, the entertainment staff was top notch. The other standouts from that staff was Rico and Tasandra. They made us always feel welcome. Through out our trip Rico seemed to pop up everywhere from the pool tables to the pool to the bar. He was always around to make us laugh and was very personable. He was on loan from the Bahamas sandals but still felt like he belonged in Jamaica. The entertainment staff has great dance moves and are talented singers. They made the trip fun. There were countless other staff members who were always attentive but there were a few that stood out: Omar and Romaine behind the bars, Anthony, Kendra in the buffet, Kristopher and Fabio at the Italian Restaurant (which was the best place to eat). Kevin did a great job as well during the group events in Sandals Club upstairs.

Overall the food was better than expected even at 2am when you've had too many drinks and are still hanging with the staff. The beach was nice but not the best we've been too. It was the off season and it was nice to not have to wake up at 6am to put a towel on a lounge. You could usually get a spot in the shade on the beach or in the pool. If not one would open up shortly. We had a beach front walk out and were 10 yards from the water. It was a great spot. The housekeepers did a great job keeping things clean. AC was cold. We had our own liquor bar in our room which was unexpected and awesome. It was always restocked. We ordered room service for breakfast almost everyday and ate with the sliders open looking at the water. We got a free half hour couples massage which was nice. Water sports seemed available whenever you wanted. We did a snorkel trip but weren't very impressed. The staff there were not particularly fun or entertaining. It was kinda blah. Not bad but not great either. Guess we were just spoiled by the rest of the staff.

Overall we had a great time. The butler service is def not necessary and is overkill in my opinion. We thought about doing it but I'm glad we decided to save the money. We were very happy with the shuttles back and forth. Sundays are the best days to travel in Jamaica, or so we were told. We made the trip to and from the airport in 75 and 60 mins respectively. Edward was the hotel manager and we met him the first day. He came up to us as if he was the regular staff and asked if there was anything he could do for us. We didn't even know who he was until later on in the trip. He also found us right before we were leaving to check in on how our trip went. Overall we were very pleased with our experience at Sandals Negril. We would go back again.

2  Thank johndalton1010
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 20th anniversary by renewing our vows with a “Retie the Knot” ceremony at Sandals Negril. We could not have been more pleased. The minute we walked through the door, we knew immediately that we made the right choice. The staff was absolutely amazing. Actually, the staff was beyond accommodating. We met with Kerri Ann in Club Sandals before she handed us off to our butler, Myron, who was an absolute joy as he checked us in our room.

Retie the Knot Ceremony:
Suan, our onsite wedding coordinator, was wonderful to work with and has earned a special place in my heart for making this event as special as I wanted it to be.
T-bone, our photographer, took amazing photos and made it difficult to stay with the number of photos in our package, which is why we upgraded. We have not received our video yet, so I can’t comment on the quality of it, but the videographers Keron and Ralston were professional and a pleasure to work with and I have complete faith that the video will reflect that.

Kedian, at the Red Lane Spa did a wonderful job with my hair and makeup for my ceremony. She and another Spa staff member gave my husband and I a great massage during our Champagne celebration.

Neisha, our other butler, was just as accommodating as Myron. Both of them were professional and you never felt like you were bothering them. They went above and beyond to accommodate us and did some really sweet things for us. We will be requesting them for our next visit.

I would also like to mention Nicksha in the Snapshot store because she was extremely patient with hubby and I as we tried to make our way through our photos. Also, Ira in the Snapshot studio, took care of a misunderstanding for us immediately to insure that our experience remained positive.

Also, our favorite playmakers, Lorinda and Tarari were sweethearts. Andrea in the Spa, our cabana girl, and Shaftan also added to our comfort.

We had so much fun and cannot wait to come back. Warren and especially Russell at the Soon Comeback desk were great to work with as we scheduled our next trip before we left the resort.

All in all, we had the most pleasurable and memorable Anniversary celebration/vacation at Sandals Negril and we highly recommend it. The beautiful beach; the well kept resort; the wonderful nightly entertainment; and most importantly, the staff, made our 20th Anniversary very memorable and we are so happy to become members of the Sandals family.

5  Thank Minastravels
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and I traveled to Negril for a friend's wedding. It was our first visit to Jamaica. We flew into Montego Bay Airport and took the hour and a half ride from MBJ to Negril. The customs experience wasn't so bad, but it surely would have been better had I found out about Club MoBay sooner. As soon as you make it the customs area, you see greeters wielding signs with guests names on them. Their purpose was to whisk you through the customs process, ensure that your documents are properly filled out and take you to a nice waiting area to partake of food and drinks until your shuttle is ready for departure. We missed out on the "whisking" because I didn't make reservations in time, but I was able to make reservations for departure. Truly worth the $30 per person for patties and tasty fruit punch, wi-fi and a/c while you wait for your flight.

Now to the resort.....I'm from TX but I was so not ready for that humidity! Stifling! And the staff at Sandals knew we would be "melting" when we got there so we were greeted with nice cold scented towels and a "Mesmerizer" beverage. Totally awesome drink, by the way. We chose the Honeymoon Beachfront Butler Suite because the Millionaire Honeymoon Penthouse was sold out (great value and a nice room). The room was okay. Definitely in need of some TLC. Some of the shower tiles were chipping away as we showered. There was only A/C in the bedroom area, not in the bathroom. There were shutters in the shower area that used to be functional but were boarded up from the outside. Mosquitoes were definitely a problem until I had them come spray our room. The bed was comfortable and the room came with a fully stocked bar and refrigerator - all included. So it wasn't all bad. For the money that we spent, we expected for our room to be a little more updated. Every other room that we visited had been renovated. Caribbean Deluxe (small but nice), Million Honeymoon One Bedroom Butler Suite with Private Pool (AMAZING!!!), Millionaire Honeymoon Penthouse One Bedroom Butler Suite (very nice, newly renovated, spacious)

Our room came with butler service, but we really didn't have a chance to fully partake because of all the wedding activities. The service does come in handy when you are trying to make last minute reservations or grab a coveted spot on the beach during the busy times. They even set the table on the lanai for breakfast on our first morning, but we weren't able to partake due to the SWARM of mosquitoes that I saw before I opened the door. I would definitely give this service another shot.

They have several options for dining. Bayside was the main restaurant. Food there was iffy at best for dinner. Breakfast was average. I avoided the pastries since it was open air and flies were hungry too. Sundowner was okay, but the Beach Bistro is where to go if you want some good Jamaican Patties. You can't leave Jamaica without getting some patties. You will regret it!

All in all, the service was excellent in all areas as far as guest services were concerned. Everyone was professional and courteous. Very welcoming. I would definitely come back for a leisure visit, just in a different room.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention a couple of instances that would have upset me had this been my wedding. The wedding coordinator (Giselle) was a piece of work. Very snippy little thing she was. Definitely didn't possess that island spirit. Everything seemed pretty last minute with her and heaven forbid you ask her to clarify direction on how the procession should go. Oh my! I was pretty done with her. Also, they had major problems with the sound system and they have these annoying parrots in the garden area that make lots of noise during the ceremony. Brides...make sure you take note of these things when you are planning your once in a lifetime day. Ugh.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank MissPriss96
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Couples Negril
Couples Negril
#8 of 81 in Negril
Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Jamaica by Karisma

Been to Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!