This is our 5th sandals trip in the last 8 years or so, We started with Negril...then we did Royal CAribbean which we hated, then Antigua and then St Lucia, ....Our first experience and favorite was in Negril 8 years ago and because i was turning 40 my husband surprised me with a trip to Negril for a week. Althouh we were excited to return we were also hesitant because we have such great memories we did not want to compare or have too high of expectations, We were torn beween Montego Bay and Negril this year,,,,,, we had gone to Mobay a few years ago while staying at the Royal Caribbean one that we didnt like so we shuttled everyday to Mobay and really liked it, BUt we took a chance and just went back to Negril, Arrival was smooth the ride was not that bad less than an hour, Check in was also smooth we had concierge level Honeymoon walk out...and it was beauuuutifulm just to be able to slide the door open and be on the beach! we had the beach grill right next to us, which we didnt mind becasue we love it there anyway, The water was beautiful but a lot of seaweed!!!! certainly not the way i remember it from our last trip. the resort layout is one of our favorites...everything is on the water,,,,but somehow we must have outgrown it because this year by the 3rd day we were very unsettled and maybe even bored, i cannot explaint it, but last time there was a little music and a little vibe going on and this year the resort was very sleepy....and we are not sprinbreakers by any means,,,,,,but we do enjoy a little vibe,,,,,the food went down big time from 8 years ago....Cucina Romana was not good and really the only tasty ones were Barefoot and Bayside,,,,,Kimonos suhi was not good and again very sleepy,,,,we loved the sushi bar in Antigua so much that we had of high of expectations, One day we went to Beaches which is 3 minute cab ride or a 20 minute walk and it was fabulous! more upbeat and people actually having a good time,,,,vibe was good and the water was gorgeous just like i remember Jamaica to be. So long story short on the 3rd day we switched to Mobay!
ahhhh what a difference....the beach is gorgeous and the room too also a walk out....they were kind enough to do a lateral move....the food was so much better and our favorite wasTokyo JOes ....we went like 3 times. Entertainment was typical but the set up is different you are not forced to sit theater style you can have your vibe at the lobby bar while enjoying the show in the background,,,,,overlooking the ocean....the people are alive and funny and just upbeat...it is a different atmosphere...it is not spring break but its not a ghost town either....so for us it was perfect....we had a great trip overral!!! staff was great in both places but food better at Mobay....and water is soooo much better at Mobay...the cabana for the day is sooo worth it! and we went to the private island one day at Royal CAribbean and it was gorgeous!!! the cothing optional side is very liberating :) and the best part about Mobay is that we were now 5 minutes from the airport! easy smooth travel day,,,,,both resorts have made nice improvements. we will return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Negril's pristine 7-mile white sand beach•Phenomenal bedroom oceanfront suites set upon a relaxing crystal lagoon•Ultra luxurious one-bedroom millionaire honeymoon suites with private plunge pool•Seven exquisite dining options•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa “Jamaica's Leading Hotel” (2nd consecutive year)•Five Star Diamond Resort, American Academy of Hospitality Science ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Prestigia, Booking.com, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Negril Beach Hotel Negril
- Sandals Negril Beach Resort And Spa
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Negril Jamaica
- Sandals Resort